Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zclopper32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BNR32 GT-R Build

Got this car from trading my Procharged 350z for even trade and have been working on getting it cleaned up and how i want ever since. Figured i would start a build thread finally. When i got the car the mods were as followed:

R32 Skyline Gtr 96k KM
4" Front mount intercooler
HKS SSQ BOV Black edition
Apexi intake kit
Apexi silent power exhaust
Mines Tune Ecu
Unknown clutch
Rotora front big brake kit
Cusco Front Aluminum strut tower brace
Cusco Rear Carbon Fiber strut tower breace
MOMO steering wheel
K-Sport coilovers
Grounding kit
HKS Type-01 Turbo timer
Gauge cluster 300km

First night i got the car, after it had been sitting outside for the past four years....

First thing i did to the car was just cleaned the car up since i couldnt be driving around like that....

Then i found an awesome deal on a Power Fc with the hand held that i couldnt pass up.

Also about the same time i bought this i found these Work VS-XX 17x9 +10 offset that were pretty beat up but guy only sold for 900 with tires!! After i got these i tore them down and to 3 pieces and started sanding to get the ready for powder coat.

Took them to get powder coated by a friend..

Wanted to put extended lug studs in since i was going to have to put a 8mm spacer just to be on the safe side to clear the brakes

Bought some 255/40/17 tires and mounted them on the wheels, and since i did that also put a 5mm in the rear.

Last edited by zclopper32; 05-22-2015 at 06:49 AM..
zclopper32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Next i decided to move onto the engine get that cleaned up a little more and trying to get it running a little better...
First thing i bought for it were the Yellow jacket coil packs, which made a huge difference on this car.

Decided to also take my valve covers off and take them back to the same guy who did my wheels and get them powder coated.

Came out a little darker than i hoped, Candy Apple Red. However it looked great when i put it back on the car. Also got the strut tower braces done to match it.

Next i wanted to do polish the twin turbo pipe and the apexi intakes.

I wanted to get rid of the stock triple gauges in the car since they werent the most accurate of gauges and have a friend who gets great deals through Prosport gauges. I decided to order a boost gauge and wideband. Also at the same time my friend had an electronic Greddy boost controller that i couldnt pass the deal up since my manual one got stuck and would not let me adjust at all.

After I got all this installed back in the car took it to the local shop Atlantic Motorsports (AMS) to get it tuned. I trusted these guys since the owner also has a skyline (R33 Gtr). Was pretty surprised what my car dynoed at, I made 380awhp and 300lbs tq on 15psi.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Now that i have how i got my car to where it is now ill start with my current project with it.....
I decided recently to convert to single turbo to try and make my goal of 500-550 awhp without opening the engine up. I was going to go big twins Gt2860-5's but the person i was ordering through said they were out and always kinda wanted to go single anyway and im happy with my choice now.
First i decided to order a percision 6262 T4 with V-Band exhaust housing, 46mm Percision wastegate, and Deatchwerks 800cc injectors

Then came the fun part removing the turbos, and i chose the not so bright idea of removing while the engine was still in the car.

After a lot of blood shed and 8 hours later i got both turbos out.

Turbos were still in really good shape.....

As of now i am just waiting on a couple more things before i can put the turbo back on the car, one of my friends who does fabrication on the side is making my manifold right now should have this done in about two weeks will be sitting similar to a Full Race manifold, after he is done making mine he will start to sell for a very reasonable price. Also he will be making my downpipe, dual intake, and extending my intercooler piping. Cant wait to have this thing running again for spring... have some other parts on the way and will be posting up more as i receive the parts and put them on.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Last weekend i got to relocate the battery to the trunk but when removing everything it is pretty rusted behind where the battery sat. I plan on removing the engine this fall to cut out any rust and weld new metal in and shave the engine bay the best i can.

Next i finally was able to plug the rest of the coolant lines and remove unneccary lines, also decided to remove my grounding kit that was installed by the previous owner since the battery will be in the trunk now.

So we decided to move the placement of the turbo to dead center of the engine between the strut tower and engine really tight fit though. But here is the just a picture of how it was mocked up on the car today just to see if everything fit and its looking good. The guy building the manifold is hoping to have it done for the most part next week...

Little more progress on the manifold.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Got my manifold back and test fitted it with the turbo on fits pretty nice.

Also ended up wrapping the manifold try to keep the temps down a little.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Now that my thread is caught up to where I am today can start making current posts. Went to go get tuned after I converted to AEM V2 from the PFC L-Jetro (which is for sale). Decided to go to J-K Tuning in Carisle, PA with John Kerr who is the designer of Nismotronic. Recommend him to anyone who needs a tune done.
This is how the current setup looks without the dual intake setup.

Decided to pick up a spare block few months ago from a friend to build but now going to sell it and keep searching for a Rb30 instead.

On the forum I found these wheels a few weeks ago that I had to have also so they are on their way from Japan
Old 08-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Decided to recently to try and start cleaning up my interior so I moved my boost controller to my glove box from my center console. Like it a lot more being hidden as its not messed with too much.

Decided to buy the newish AEM Failsafe gauge which I love and would recommend to people. I saw a few people on the GTR forums that mounted their gauge over by the driver’s door in the air vent which I really liked so I tried it out and I like it but sometimes its difficult to read so might move it however I really don’t need to look at it since it is hooked up to the ECU to cut boost if running lean.

I am looking for a Windows OS tablet to put in my center console and run my AEM to it and have the gauges running on the tablet. Looking for one that will fit correctly though which is being difficult. I saw my buddy which is on this forum somewhere most likely in his 240 and really liked it.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Major props to you for doing work with the engine still installed. No one really talks about the 9000 level skill and patience required to work on RBs in tight spaces. Skin gets removed in large shreds, blood pours freely, and the uncomfortable position required to lean over the fenders will leave your knees and back burning like they got blasted by a shotgun.
Love the tablet idea. I've been looking for one compatible with my NIStune setup. Unfortunately, most moderately priced tablets are running a specific Tablet-only version of windows which will not work on NIStune.
Car looks terrific! Keep it up!
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #9
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Thanks man, i know my buddy has the Nexus 7 in his 240.
I want to try someones tablet out first make sure i can download the software to the tablet and run the AEM its hard to find anything online of people do it. I have seen one person using a Ipad running a special app to run the AEM to it but ill get to it eventually.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #10
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
awesome pickup. did you really need to relocate the battery to the trunk? how many cc's are those injectors I have d-werks 650cc's. do you like the aem setup?? I have one for my 1jz-sc400 and I don't have time to eff with it. for me at least the nistune on my 13 is more user friendly. did your aem come with a preloaded base map that you drove to the dyno on??

how many psi are you running and what's stopping you from doing 500whp?

the manifold looks great they could had notched it closer to the engine about an inch-2 more tho..
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #11
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

The only reason i did relocate it was to fit the catch can where the batter was located that is where most r32 people put their catch can. However when i pull my engine and repaint the engine i would like to possibly put the catch can back where the ABS is now.
I have D-werks 800cc going to switch to Injector Dynamics in the spring though i think 1000cc and maybe go E85 not sure yet.
AEM V2 is so much smoother than what the PFC was on drivability which i like a lot of course. The issue was did not come with a basemap but you can download some online.
Im running 21 psi on the 6262 and if i were on a dynojet i would probably be making 525-550hp the dyno i was on reads real low so i didnt want to any higher since my 26 has never even been opened its fully stock only pulled valve covers off to powder coat them.

Yeah i wish could have got it a little closer and also angled the flange like full race and others would have helped to fit a bigger turbo easier but for now it works.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zclopper32 View Post
After I got all this installed back in the car took it to the local shop Atlantic Motorsports (AMS) to get it tuned. I trusted these guys since the owner also has a skyline (R33 Gtr). Was pretty surprised what my car dynoed at, I made 380awhp and 300lbs tq on 15psi.
Just to clarify,

You got it tuned up, Apexi intakes, EBC, added the yellow jackets and the PFC and ran at 380AWHP?

Awesome.

Now I really want one.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Yes got tuned made 380 awhp took it to the local track ran a 12.7 with that setup and that was babying it off the line so didn't break anything and every time i shifted to 4th my HICAS would kick on so had to let off the throttle as the rear got out from under me. so probably could have ran a mid to low 12 if i had launched and not had the rear end issue.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm upset you bought those wheels. Looking good.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick build
Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #16
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
We need video! Looking forward to seeing the LMGT1s on the R.
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Here is a short video my car is the last of course. This is from last weekend at super cars on state street.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #18
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Love the first picture. Car looks great.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Got a update today from Rhdjapan that my rocket dancer spoiler will be getting shipped out next week at the latest.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #20
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Christ almighty that car sounds nice....

and that spoiler is beautiful, i know the owner of that silver car...really makes the rear end pop, especially when looking at it from the front
Old 09-09-2014, 05:51 AM   #21
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
smokescreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up to you OP. Love the LMGT2s! excited to see where this goes.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #22
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Sorry that my car is real dirty got caught in rain the day before and haven't got to wash it again yet.

My spoiler came in last week haven't got to do an update though. Got it mounted up over the weekend. I personally love how it turned out.

Also my seats arrived monday but the mounts i bought off a friend wont fit since they are for Bride Vios and i bought the Bride Gias V1. So im selling those mounts if anyone wants them and waiting for the right mounts to get here.

Cant wait to get them mounted in, so much better than the stock seats.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #23
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Haven't got to do an update in a while got my seats and rocket dancer spoiler installed also just received my Nismo LMGT1 wheels in the mail this week cant wait to break them down refinish and get them on the car.

Now that i have my new wheels and starting to refinish them i am giong to post up my Work Vs-xx soon with brand new 255/40/17 tires on them they are 17x9 with +15 offset all around i believe have 3" lips and are 5x114.3 and 4x114.3.

Got to see my first UGR lambo at a GTR/Skyline cruise i went to last weekend was a lot of fun.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #24
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome stuff...

LMGTs so nice
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #25
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

Havent made an update in a long time. I finally received my LMGT1's in November and started rebuilding them. This is how the progress went...

Got the wheels repowdercoated and took the lips to Alloy Wheel Repair to get refinished and polished.

Decided to get gold bolts instead of reusing the original bolts (kept them though)

Nitto NT555 installed on the wheels

And finally the finished wheels on the car.

[URL=http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/slammedvert/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150518_085226.jpg.html]

Last edited by zclopper32; 05-21-2015 at 08:46 PM..
zclopper32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #26
zclopper32
Leaky Injector

New brakes came in the mail too. Bought Z32 Stoptech Rotors and Brake pads from Summit Racing.

Also finally bought harnesses and harness bar. The harness bar was for S13 fit perfect in the R32 no modifying needed. The harness bar also bolts to the floor.

Bought simpson harnesses, this was before I adjusted the length to make them even on each side.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #27
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
If the government ever comes knocking, ill gladly buy those wheels off you.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #28
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
If the government ever comes knocking, ill gladly buy those wheels off you.
Was just thinking this. Car has to be illegally imported if he got it in 2011. Would suck to dump a lot of work into something the government decides they can take one day.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #29
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice upgrades. Was this a motorex car?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:36 PM   #30
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I agree with them^ yeah it may have a title etc,but that doesn't mean its legal. Unless you have correct paperwork its more then likely here illegally,either way im not here to shit on your thread,i was actually curious on the yellow jackets.
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote