Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #61
logo20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
logo20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
That's a Skyline, big guy. Yea.. it looks like the new F&F2 Skyline. Aww... we all mourn for the dearly departed sports car.
the 240 should be under the skyline pic, where it says "don't steal my pic!!" click on the link if you wanna see the rest of the cars(includes a 240) from the "2 fast 2 furious" movie. what I was trying to say is after the movie come out will see more cars like those.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #62
logo20
Zilvia Junkie

logo20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's a Skyline, big guy. Yea.. it looks like the new F&F2 Skyline. Aww... we all mourn for the dearly departed sports car.
the 240 should be under the skyline pic, where it says "don't steal my pic!!" click on the link if you wanna see the rest of the cars(includes a 240) from the "2 fast 2 furious" movie. what I was trying to say is after the movie come out will see more cars like those.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:19 PM   #63
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

boro240 is making a name for him/her selfboro240 is making a name for him/her self
almost all car forums have influxes of n00bs. you can imagine how i-club got after the WRX was released, talk about bandwagon car. i got my 240 mid last year, but was trying to get one for around 2 years or so. i think the number one complaint and annoyance of the more "seasoned" members is the outright lazyness of n00bs. the term 'research' is lost on some people it seems.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:28 PM   #64
keepitmovin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation

im part of the 2001 club so ha!
But i dont post much so
Old 04-25-2003, 12:00 AM   #65
christopher
Zilvia Member

christopher is an unknown quantity at this point
This is for the elders and the newbs.

All you have to do to get away from the intense bombardment of bad attention your car is getting is turn off your computer and walk out your door. Go strait to your 240, get in, drive. Don't answer your cellphone. Have fun.

I have recently been very humbled by a lengthy wait for my engine(SR) and I have been reading everything I can in the meantime, I just want to drive my car. That is all. I can understand why a Moderator, who is personally invested in this site would care. Everyone else should just drive more, there is more to these cars than a bunch of websites. Exploration is good but you should also take care of your "pride and joy" first if you really like it.

For the record, and the flames, I am still a newb too. I am fully aware that there are no vets here that like to take advice from someone with less posts, so sad. I thank everyone for the good advice I have gotten.

89 coupe
Red top SR
Blown Stereo....
Old 04-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #66
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by christopher
This is for the elders and the newbs.

All you have to do to get away from the intense bombardment of bad attention your car is getting is turn off your computer and walk out your door. Go strait to your 240, get in, drive. Don't answer your cellphone. Have fun.

I can understand why a Moderator, who is personally invested in this site would care. Everyone else should just drive more, there is more to these cars than a bunch of websites. Exploration is good but you should also take care of your "pride and joy" first if you really like it.

For the record, and the flames, I am still a newb too. I am fully aware that there are no vets here that like to take advice from someone with less posts, so sad.
I don't know who you're directing this to, but anyway... Moderators can change their titles, and the original poster is a Mod. See.. when we have to read almost every post, and end up reading/cleaning up flames/moving/locking the same topic 5 times a day, it's really aggrivating. I dunno about the whole "Vets" argument.. so I'll leave that alone. You'll be surprised at what I've learned from "Newbs," because amazingly, some of them don't have their heads up their ass.
-Jeff
Old 04-25-2003, 03:24 AM   #67
240meowth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240meowth
so, SR20DET or KA24DET? bwa ha ha, well, as for me i have something to say.

i think it is really about timing. i recall when i was new to the 240's i asked A LOT of stupid questions. (nothing 'bout sr or kat though) but stuff such as, what is a pillow ball mount, and what is a tension rod, will a t2 turbo push anything for the ka24, etc. but back in my days there was like what? 600 members on zilvia? people were much forgiving than. they were really patient w/ me. but the this now is, every 2 days someone new pops up asking the same question. or ask some stupid question in a 240 forum such as "should i get 240 or crx (or whatever)," i mean, it's a 240 board, you are going to get a rather bias opinion, unless the other car is a reasonable compairson.

so yah, all in all what i'm tryin to say is, back in the days, it was much more simple, people knew each other well. now there's just people jumping in, and we don't get to know them very well. and needless to say, i think this forum's member use to be much closer, it was like a family. now it's just spread out over a lot of new members.

about all the attention that nissan is getting, we should of seen this coming. how? honda is making crappy cars, for example the new civic SI, and nissan making cool cars, like the new altima 3.5SE. and the once underrated s13/s14 becomes a big topic, due to the drifting wave in japan. so yah, i saw this coming.

but i think alot of guys are getting a zilvia account just to see wha's going on in here, or to sell something here. so i don't think all 100,000 memebers are really active members. i think we should come up w/ a system where as if you don't use your account for 6 month it will automatically be canceled.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:14 AM   #68
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
to meowth
That's all i'm saying, my neezay!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:50 AM   #69
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

boro240 is making a name for him/her selfboro240 is making a name for him/her self
zilvia is actually one of the better forums as far as newbies go. 240sxforums is filled with newbies, and club240 is worse than that. thats one of the reasons that i prefer zilvia. i still answer things on 240sxforums though, and the occasional post on club240, if any. zilvia still has a better ratio (than most) of seasoned people who make it worth while.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:08 AM   #70
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
I must give it up to the mods on all forums in regards to putting up with alot of newbie and their newbie questions especially those that have been asked 1,000 times or annoying questions like those who wants an SR swap as their very first question... Like I said in some other post, I have over 100k miles seat time and driven over 7 years in the same s13, and I may not post much, but just viewing these forums over time, I do get annoyed with some of the newbie questions... especially when they never seem to use the SEARCH function, maybe the sticky should be in all caps, bold and have funky neon colors to catch the attention of newbies...
Old 04-27-2003, 01:25 AM   #71
BlankFlip
Nissanaholic!

BlankFlip is an unknown quantity at this point
let's face it, the 240 grew from a cult classic (in my opinoin) to a best seller. now everyone must have one due to what ppl are telling them is cool, it's just like the many trends we've all seen come and go in music. the true fans, as mentioned already, will stick w/ it b/c they love and understand the car more so than others, but this is something we'll all have to deal with for the time being. don't worry, soon enough u'll be able to be a loser once again w/ a car that only the few fans will appreciate that the masses won't know of. as for the search topic, i don't really see a problem w/ it since u don't have to go into the thread based on the subject title, unless ur a mod. then and only then can u have the right to b*tch and complain .

Old 04-27-2003, 01:49 AM   #72
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I guess I'm a n00b untill I buy my 240 huh????

EDIT: HEY!!! I WAS A PART OF THE BRAKE FAQ TOO!!!! Does that make me a half-non-n00b???
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #73
jay pee
Leaky Injector

jay pee is an unknown quantity at this point
i dnt care what the newbies do honestly as long as they dnt ricer out the nissan 240sx !!!!! hate honda dudes that throw a canon on the back and swear there car is hella fast. i think nissan are a car that you should buy only if u enjoy the rwd and atleast know a lil about the history and appreciate the car and not just buy it cause its really popular now cause they saw a 240sx in pro am or a fd event
Old 02-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #74
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Jesus christ. Are you retarded? (all caps)
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #75
Masa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Masa is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
wow, i felt like i was in 2003 all over again. BACK TO THE FUTURE>>>>>>>
Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #76
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay pee View Post
i dnt care what the newbies do honestly as long as they dnt ricer out the nissan 240sx !!!!! hate honda dudes that throw a canon on the back and swear there car is hella fast. i think nissan are a car that you should buy only if u enjoy the rwd and atleast know a lil about the history and appreciate the car and not just buy it cause its really popular now cause they saw a 240sx in pro am or a fd event
this thread is eight years old. the post before yours was written when Bush was still in his first term. Steve Irwin was still alive, so was Colin Mcrae. the iPhone didn't exist. the iPod was black and white. there wasn't a Saw movie coming out that halloween.
fuck man.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #77
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Well I can say that I have slowly watched and anticipated the collapse of a strong 240 community due to the infiltrating of ignorant people. It has only gotten worse through the years, with the booming popularity of F&F and then drifting and then F&F with drifting amongst other things. So its clear that pop culture has taken hold of the S chassis and will not let go. This is some ways saddens me knowing that the car is doomed to be molested and destroyed in record numbers.

It has become an icon in the import scene, deal with it. Hell embrace it, 240s are just plain cool and everyone likes them. So hang on to yours, don't do stupid shit to it and retain as much knowledge you can. It might be able to pay you back some day. In the mean time lets keep this forum as strict as ever and have no mercy on newbs.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #78
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
haha how did he even find this old a$$ thread?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #79
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
regardless of how old this thread is, the OP's predictions came true. hahaha
Old 02-18-2011, 03:52 AM   #80
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Talk about "to the top"
Old 02-18-2011, 04:05 AM   #81
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Old 02-18-2011, 04:24 AM   #82
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay pee View Post
um...
  • No one talks like that except in movies, and even then they don't anymore
  • You're not endearing yourself to anyone, we see your 2008 join date
  • You have FURTHER damned yourself in the court of Zilvia opinion by bumping a thread that was started while you were still in middle school.
  • Your spelling, lack of capitalization and punctuation is sickening.

And I write too!
Closed Thread