Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
upstate240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
upstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
alternator slipping, belts squealing,

hey nissan fiens,
heres my problem, im tearing through belts, 2 in 1 week, 2 new belts, they are all snapping. and when i first get the belt, it squeals and squeals and squeals, the squeal slowly gets quieter, and as it gets quieter i notice that i think my alternator is slipping, when i install a new belt my charging system works great, headlights heater radio everything can turn on and stay on and i wont lose the battery, but as the belt goes throughout its life, a couple days later, the battery will die , ill charge it up with a wall charger and it will die again, and it also holds a charge, this is my second alternator. which im sure is good, and the battery im semi sure is good, i have a sr20 running a k/a waterpump pulley and there is a slight angle of the belt when you look down at it, there is a angle in the belt at every spot the belt makes contact, where the belt makes contact with the w/p and the alternator, where the alternator makes contact with the crank pulley, and where the crank pulley meets the water pump. so i notice that the k/a waterpump pulley has a different offset so i think an sr w/p pulley will solve this any ideas?
upstate240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links