Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #31
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkingtons View Post
I am also not letting myself fuck this thing up lol. Coils and wheels are the most that's going to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTsliden View Post
dont hack that car up. it might be cool now but you will regret it later and try and put it back to clean form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBf82N4B9zI
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #32
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
If you're able to afford it, my first recommendation would be a bash bar, hoonigan sticker, and a large "TWERK IT MILEY" banner.

On a more serious note, there's nothing wrong with an auto S13. One of my personal favorite S13's I ever owned was an automatic '90 Fastback that I got with 60k original miles. Minor mods, kept it practical. Drove that thing around everywhere.

Doing a manual transmission swap is not difficult, finding parts is pretty easy, and you can definitely handle it over a weekend. It will add value to the car.

Finding a clean coupe like that is very uncommon these days.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #33
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Finkingtons is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (4).jpg

Pictures after she was washed, also decided that I'm not going to risk transporting it for storage, so she'll be covered up here tomorrow until the snow leaves. Can't wait for spring.
Finkingtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #34
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
When the black paint on the wiper arms has not yet flaked off, you my friend have yourself a good car. Looks to be a hardtop too, good decisions have been made on this day.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #35
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Healthy sr20det automatic s-chassis is a really fun to drive and feels much more light and eager than kade. I think sr auto transmission is better and shift much faster. Try it if you can and it might change upgrade plans for your s13.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:12 AM   #36
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ Right cause he said he can't swap the trans so just swap the motor instead way easier thanks
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 AM   #37
jaymatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jaymatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i thought this dude was about to get his cheeks flamed into dust, but my god that thing is clean man.
jaymatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:39 AM   #38
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesomely clean car bud!, as i stated before...maintenance items, lower it a few inches and a set of decent 4 lug wheels...that car is a keeper, congrats on acquiring it!
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #39
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Is it grey or purple...?
Old 01-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #40
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Put it up for 10k OBO.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #41
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Can't believe it's missing the fender extension.

Car is totaled dude.

Just send it over to me. I'll cover the cost of transport.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #42
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

I believe the official color name is charcoal grey. Crimson hahaha, is that what's missing there right where the bumper ends, fender extensions? I was trying to find out what's missing there.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #43
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I would get rid of it. That's just me though.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #44
CompleteXen
Leaky Injector

CompleteXen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
in my opinion shouldn't have to spend almost a thousand dollars on it just to be accepted.
You answered your own question. Literally just don't do it, and no one is going to care. Auto S13's are lame, its just like an auto Miata. Its a fun chassis with lots of potential and the auto transmission takes all the fun and control out of the car.

Do what you please, but auto's are lame. I don't even know why I'm wasting time posting this when you aren't able to understand what "being accepted" is.

Albeit, that coupe is very clean. Wait till the spring, save some money, get a manual swap done. Seriously, its not about being accepted. You will enjoy the car more than you ever have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
You're 17, young, and impressionable. You bought the car because you wanted one and obviously the automatic didn't bother you that much. It's an S-bucket, save money and slowly buy the 5 spd stuff then swap it to learn about turning wrenches. Keep fluids in it and enjoy the car.
Also this, just take it easy. Learn about the car, if you do it right you will learn a lot.
CompleteXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #45
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
I believe the official color name is charcoal grey. Crimson hahaha, is that what's missing there right where the bumper ends, fender extensions? I was trying to find out what's missing there.
One of the pictures got my hopes up lol. No worries. Just follow through with your initial ideas. A lot of new guys come here to be 'accepted' by the forum and are laughed off or ridiculed because they're fucking idiots. If you're truly one of those guys that wants to preserve that car then you'll make a ton of e-peens hard and fit in quite nicely around here. Auto S13s aren't 'lame' if you're into restoration. It was nice having one when I owned my gold coupe. Just stick to your guns. You've already got a ton of the resident assholes in here cheering you on...

...and that's better than having them (us) talk crazy amounts of shit lol.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #46
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

IMG_0832.JPGIMG_0828.JPGIMG_0826.JPG
Just wanted to give a little update on how the car is doing. I've been trying to keep it as clean as possible. I did end up doing the manual swap, and am extremely happy with how it turned out. Is currently sitting on Stance GR + Pros, with Square G8 wheels. I think I'm going to keep the interior stock, I personally love the OEM look with the clean dash and stock shift knob.

As for future mods, I would love to get a set of 4 lug VSXX's, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a set. Other than that, to keep it as clean as possible and to enjoy it
Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #47
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good lord that car is beautiful. This is how I fell in love with coupes lol
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #48
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Damn, so thats what my car looked like with decent paint.

I would 5 speed swap it but thats mainly because I've done it before and know its not a difficult job. Can be kind of a pain in the ass but not technically difficult. Really you should do whatever makes you happy, if you like it auto keep it auto. They made a lot of 240's, if you really want a 5 speed one (and can't do the swap yourself or pay someone GOOD to do it) keep looking and when you find one buy it and just drive this as your daily.

If there's one thing the past 13 years of working on cars has taught me its that you don't want to daily a project car. Especially a project 240.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #49
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
if you really want a 5 speed one (and can't do the swap yourself or pay someone GOOD to do it) keep looking and when you find one buy it and just drive this as your daily.
Yeah, I did end up swapping mine as I said above haha. Wasn't hard, just a pain I guess. I definitely learned a lot so I'm glad I did it.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #50
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Clean car man! Looks familiar, did you ever have it on local Craigslist?
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #51
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Clean car man! Looks familiar, did you ever have it on local Craigslist?
Thank you! I had it on Zilvia as a feeler a while ago, but I haven't put it up on Craigslist before.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #52
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I feel like I saw this car in shawano or at automotion or something.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #53
Finkingtons
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I feel like I saw this car in shawano or at automotion or something.
It hasn't made it to Shawano yet, but it'll definitely be there to SPECTATE (couldn't bring myself to drift this thing) at final bout and maybe a few other events. It was at automotion last year though, it'll be there again this year!
Old 04-09-2017, 12:47 AM   #54
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Quote:
It hasn't made it to Shawano yet, but it'll definitely be there to SPECTATE (couldn't bring myself to drift this thing) at final bout and maybe a few other events. It was at automotion last year though, it'll be there again this year!
Cool man, yeah I saw it at automotion, that's why it looked familiar!
I'll be there again this year with my black '93 fastback, hope to see you there! Are you from SE Wisconsin?

@Reece, My buddies and I always stay at Mt. Olympus, hit me up this year man!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #55
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Cool man, yeah I saw it at automotion, that's why it looked familiar!
I'll be there again this year with my black '93 fastback, hope to see you there! Are you from SE Wisconsin?

@Reece, My buddies and I always stay at Mt. Olympus, hit me up this year man!
YES! Hopefully all three of us can squad up this year
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote