Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2017, 02:19 AM   #31
240sxTuck

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxTuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hate to resurrect a 2 year old thread but....

Considering these ISR Pro Series (aka ISIS V2) arms for my s13, but my main concern are the welds, and lifespan. Anyone still running these? Are they still holding up after a couple years of abuse? I've heard ugly welds are bad welds, but a buddy of mine checked out these pics and said they were fine.
I would rather get SPL or Nismo arms, but i'm on that broke college kid budget.
240sxTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #32
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxTuck View Post
Hate to resurrect a 2 year old thread but....

Considering these ISR Pro Series (aka ISIS V2) arms for my s13, but my main concern are the welds, and lifespan. Anyone still running these? Are they still holding up after a couple years of abuse? I've heard ugly welds are bad welds, but a buddy of mine checked out these pics and said they were fine.
I would rather get SPL or Nismo arms, but i'm on that broke college kid budget.
I have no technical data to support my claims but there is a reason ISIS is considered the lowest of the low for S-chassis. Buy used quality arms instead of cheap low quality ISIS/ISR...
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #33
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If it's any consolation, I've had ISIS Ruca's and Toe arms for like five years with no problems. Pretty much daily duty and a few drift events. The powder coat has a couple chips and lock nuts have some surface rust but they were fine for the price. I'm in the market for something new but for the price they fit the bill and after using them I'm not concerned about their safety or structural integrity. Also, they're not the pro version which should indicated that the pros would be better.

Last edited by theStig880; 04-30-2017 at 05:57 PM..
theStig880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'm still running these with no issues. Every few months I will wipe them down and minus the stickers falling off, they still look almost new. Nothing has seized or anything. I'm definitely very happy with these arms and would recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #35
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
If it's any consolation, I've had ISIS Ruca's and Toe arms for like five years with no problems. Pretty much daily duty and a few drift events. The powder coat has a couple chips and lock nuts have some surface rust but they were fine for the price. I'm in the market for something new but for the price they fit the bill and I'm not concerned about safety or structural integrity in the slightest Also, they're not the pro version which should indicated that the pros would be better.
That's nice
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have the regular ones for 3 years now, with zero issues.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #37
240sxTuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I'm still running these with no issues. Every few months I will wipe them down and minus the stickers falling off, they still look almost new. Nothing has seized or anything. I'm definitely very happy with these arms and would recommend them to anyone.
Awesome, thanks for coming back and answering, Hoffman.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #38
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
That's nice
I worded that weird, but I was just emphasizing that I am confident they will hold up after using them for a while. Yea, I care about safety in general.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #39
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hahah gotcha

So you meant you don't have any concerns about the structural rigidity of these products

That makes more sense lol

I know this thread is old but I'll chime in. Honestly in my experience as long as the welds look professional, and the metal used is decent I don't see any problems using cheaper suspension arms. The real drawback on the cheaper arms are the rod ends, but those can be replaced.
That being said, I've learned the hard way, cheaping out on things costs more in the long run. Do it right, buy nice stuff once. Heard a quote once I always liked. "If you have something of great quality, and you take good care of it, it will last you a lifetime."
I have been building my car on a budget, but right now I can honestly say I don't have any knockoff/copy parts on my car, and the suspension is built pretty extensively. It's a long term project, but I'm doing it once and doing it right!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #40
240sxTuck

Quote:
Hahah gotcha

So you meant you don't have any concerns about the structural rigidity of these products

That makes more sense lol

I know this thread is old but I'll chime in. Honestly in my experience as long as the welds look professional, and the metal used is decent I don't see any problems using cheaper suspension arms. The real drawback on the cheaper arms are the rod ends, but those can be replaced.
That being said, I've learned the hard way, cheaping out on things costs more in the long run. Do it right, buy nice stuff once. Heard a quote once I always liked. "If you have something of great quality, and you take good care of it, it will last you a lifetime."
I have been building my car on a budget, but right now I can honestly say I don't have any knockoff/copy parts on my car, and the suspension is built pretty extensively. It's a long term project, but I'm doing it once and doing it right!
Yea, i wanna do everything right, so i only gotta do it once. Posted to some local FB groups looking for used SPL arms, but these ISR Pros are my fallback
Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #41
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
The real drawback on the cheaper arms are the rod ends, but those can be replaced.
This is the biggest issue with cheaper arms. While I don't know what these have, I'm quite sure they aren't QA1 or Aurua(sp?) which are 2 of the top quality companies for rod ends. With that said, these did and still do move smoothly. I also like that they have the dust shields. I think I stated it in the original post, but I've helped a friend install the v1/standard isis arms and the rod ends were terrible. It took me and another person to get the rod end to move and it wasn't smooth at all. We sprayed it pretty heavily with some lubricant and moved it around to work it in, which helped, but that turned me away from them completely. That said(again), my SPL rod ends move like friggin butter. I believe they are QA1.

On the same not, replacing them IS an option. You just have to know the thread pitch. Rod ends in general aren't expensive but from what I've heard cheap arms use a weird thread pitch, and rod ends with that pitch are more expensive than normal. Still something to look into though.