Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-29-2017, 01:04 AM   #1
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
RB Excellent news for us Skyline owners. NISMO to make NEW OEM parts for the R32!

Not sure how many of y'all have seen this yet, I think it's kinda slipped under the radar for most.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ne-gt-r-parts/

They are thinking about expanding the line for other models in the future as well.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 04-29-2017 at 01:52 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2017, 01:37 AM   #2
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
That's really cool - bravo Nismo. Quietly hopeful they expand the program to other older Nissans.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:52 AM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im excited to read that their also developing new sports cars hopefully something good comes out of it.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:25 AM   #4
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My guess is that the z32 and the s13 will follow soon after.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
My guess is that the z32 and the s13 will follow soon after.
I'd be surprised if they did. If they did it would be way later and be the 180sx\Silvia, Doubtfull they would do anything 240sx related. There needs to be a market for them, sadly 60% of 240 owners wanna destroy these cars rather than restore them.

Next would probably be the Pulsar GTi-R, I could probably see the Z32 following soon though.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 04-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The GTR was pivotal for Nissan Motorsports HERITAGE
The 240sx is and was a purposeless beater. I'd be shocked if they made more parts for them.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
they said THE GTi-R would be next, Then the Fairlady Z32. Super cool hopefully this means all the nismo stuff on the market will drop in pricing.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is really cool, props to Nissan deciding to help their enthusiasts out. This will help keep the remaining Skylines on the road and in good shape.

I'm a Z32 owner and its pretty incredible what I can still get from Nissan for my car. Would love to see them bring back some of the smaller, now very hard to find finishers and interior bits though.

As for the S13, if they do decide to start making parts again, I would guess they would only make body parts such as Type-X bits or Silvia stuff. They might do some interior stuff, but at the cost of buying new OEM, I doubt there would be a huge market due to how fucking cheap the Schassis community is...
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #9
Encore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Encore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
As for the S13, if they do decide to start making parts again, I would guess they would only make body parts such as Type-X bits or Silvia stuff. They might do some interior stuff, but at the cost of buying new OEM, I doubt there would be a huge market due to how fucking cheap the Schassis community is...
Pretty sad to hear for those of us who don't treat our 240's like beaters smh
Encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
why dont we thank Nismo now for upping the prices 3-fold on most motorsport parts.

as much as i love my cars and have built and restored them, i have no understanding or patience for a company that increases pricing so drastically. an 18 dollar bushing should not jump to 40 dollars "just because." especially when that very same part can be purchased direct in japan for.... 18 dollars. nismo, go fuck yourself. we're loyal but we're not stupid.

another fun fact that you morons are forgetting, is that the Z32, R32 and S... many of these parts are totally interchangeable. So if they bring back parts for the R32 then essentially, they are bringing back parts for the rest of the cars because its the same damn part.

management at nissan really needs to reconsider how they run things when it comes to supporting us legacy customers. as a case example, i've spent tens of thousands of dollars restoring my cars. but again, all within reason. no way in hell i would pay 40 for a single rear link bushing. especially when i will be needing what, 20 bushings? fuck that.

edit: oh yeah, s14 rear windows (since the rubber trim goes bad). nissan, go fuck yourself. not spending 600 dollars per window.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #11
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
All I really want is new door seals. lets hope they are somewhat reasonably priced.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
The GTR was pivotal for Nissan Motorsports HERITAGE
The Japanese 180SX TypeX is and was an entry-level sportscar. I'd be shocked if they didn't make more parts for them.
Fixed this for you. Everyone forgets about the intended purpose of the car in it's origin country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
why dont we thank Nismo now for upping the prices 3-fold on most motorsport parts.

as much as i love my cars and have built and restored them, i have no understanding or patience for a company that increases pricing so drastically. an 18 dollar bushing should not jump to 40 dollars "just because." especially when that very same part can be purchased direct in japan for.... 18 dollars. nismo, go fuck yourself. we're loyal but we're not stupid.

another fun fact that you morons are forgetting, is that the Z32, R32 and S... many of these parts are totally interchangeable. So if they bring back parts for the R32 then essentially, they are bringing back parts for the rest of the cars because its the same damn part.

management at nissan really needs to reconsider how they run things when it comes to supporting us legacy customers. as a case example, i've spent tens of thousands of dollars restoring my cars. but again, all within reason. no way in hell i would pay 40 for a single rear link bushing. especially when i will be needing what, 20 bushings? fuck that.

edit: oh yeah, s14 rear windows (since the rubber trim goes bad). nissan, go fuck yourself. not spending 600 dollars per window.
I agree with your sentiment...but isn't the blame misplaced? Like you said: the parts can be had in Japan for 'normal' prices. So blame the entity that's marking them up to ridiculous prices. North America Nissan?
Old 05-30-2017, 07:36 PM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I agree with your sentiment...but isn't the blame misplaced? Like you said: the parts can be had in Japan for 'normal' prices. So blame the entity that's marking them up to ridiculous prices. North America Nissan?
Nissan Motorsports is responsible for distributing all the JDM parts / Nismo parts here in the US, so they're to blame.

We enthusiasts make up the US market, without us there would be no care for Nismo products in the US. Its a slap in the face to us enthusiasts to get such a drastic price hike on these products. Afterall, we need these products to keep our cars running.

Making a statement that NISMO is going to continue to offer support for legacy platforms like the R32 is a slap in the face to us Americans. For one, you fucked us by not selling the Skyline here. And now you're going to support it? We've gotten screwed by shady importers like MotorEx, we've had battles with the NHTSA, and now, after all these years, we're finally to import a car that we cant even get parts for. Its a joke.

I finished restoring my S13 years ago and recently picked up an S14. Its the same problem, most of the parts for this car are not available or price hiked. Sorry, but as a long-term NISSAN customer I'm not feeling the love. Instead, all I see is a surge in sub-par aftermarket parts that I have no interest in.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #14
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I doubt there would be a huge market due to how fucking cheap the Schassis community is...
I strongly second that.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #15
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore View Post
Pretty sad to hear for those of us who don't treat our 240's like beaters smh
Really is

Quote:
Nissan Motorsports is responsible for distributing all the JDM parts / Nismo parts here in the US, so they're to blame.

We enthusiasts make up the US market, without us there would be no care for Nismo products in the US. Its a slap in the face to us enthusiasts to get such a drastic price hike on these products. Afterall, we need these products to keep our cars running.

Making a statement that NISMO is going to continue to offer support for legacy platforms like the R32 is a slap in the face to us Americans. For one, you fucked us by not selling the Skyline here. And now you're going to support it? We've gotten screwed by shady importers like MotorEx, we've had battles with the NHTSA, and now, after all these years, we're finally to import a car that we cant even get parts for. Its a joke.

I finished restoring my S13 years ago and recently picked up an S14. Its the same problem, most of the parts for this car are not available or price hiked. Sorry, but as a long-term NISSAN customer I'm not feeling the love. Instead, all I see is a surge in sub-par aftermarket parts that I have no interest in.
You are quick to blame Nissan USA and Nissan Motorsports for price hikes on parts sold here in the U.S. meant for the JDM market.

Blame the Government
Blaming Nissan for not selling the Skyline here in the US is a joke. There are laws that kept Nissan from selling them here, just like it kept Nissan from selling an S13/S14/S15 here with an SR20. It was not Nissan's choice to not sell us Skylines, Nissan is like any other car company, the more cars they sell, the more parts they sell, the more cash they rake in. For them to "redesign" aspects of their flagship vehicle to conform to US laws there probably wasn't enough profit to make it worth their time.

Blame the Owners
Schassis vehicles were sold as "economy" vehicles here in the US with a boring 4cyl, to conform to specific laws, that came in trucks. It wasn't considered a performance vehicle, people drove them and didn't bother keeping them up, just like people did and still do with Civics and other economy cars. Finding clean examples in the states is difficult because they were never considered anything but a to and from work vehicle to most, neglected until they were paid off and then discarded.

Blame the "Enthusiast"
There are so many kids that got a hold of the decent Schassis vehicles and ruined them years ago. All of the drift missles you see today were neglected and molested to the point of being nearly useless and serve their final purpose to continue smashing up because its "cool". At this rate the clean Schassis vehicles here in the US will eventually be completely depleted not because Nissan OEM parts are expensive, but because people can't take care of their vehicles.

Blame the Market
I'm no OG, but I understand how the market for cars works. We are expected to purchase a new vehicle, drive it until we pay it off then trade it in or sell it at a massive loss to go buy another and restart the cycle. Nissan, like other companies, understands this and sells parts accordingly. If a new vehicle is released in January, dealers will slowly acquire stock of parts for that vehicle. Once production of that vehicle stops, Nissan watches the consumption of parts. They then continue making certain parts while others see slowed production or production is ceased completely. These parts eventually hit a point where dealers stop stocking them and Nissan will sit on the remaining stock, selling them to dealers who need them until the stock is depleted. Again Nissan is a for profit company, they sell cars and parts to make money, not to keep people who own their vehicles from 25+ years ago happy.

TL;DR, be greatful for what we get from Nissan, they don't have to sell any JDM parts here in the US, let alone create an entire division, Nissan Motorsports, to handle distribution of these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
I strongly second that.
Its the sad truth, for example I have quoted a few fuel tanks to people recently, at wholesale cost, who have all completely ignored my messages. I try to help people out, but I can't give shit away.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 PM   #16
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
We also have to keep in mind that fact that Nissan produced this car as a cheap, 90's commuter that honestly probably wasn't meant to last this long. Especially being with those who chop their cars up and smash them into walls.

It is sad, for those of us who do treat our cars as a car and not a beater.

Nissan/Nismo is not the issue nor to blame for the high prices of performance and OE replacement parts, as said above.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
TL;DR, be greatful for what we get from Nissan, they don't have to sell any JDM parts here in the US, let alone create an entire division, Nissan Motorsports, to handle distribution of these parts.
^ you've had your drivers license for 4-6 years and now you feel qualified to comment on this?

sorry, but you're too wet behind the ears son.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:

Most of it is due to supply stocks. During my time in Japan and having brought hundred of parts and multiple price inquires on items from the Local Nissan Dealership I have seen parts pricing change due to stock quantities.

I once bought a Recirc motor (as well a a few other things) for one of my old R32, Then a year later when to get another one for my current one to see the price double due to availibility nearing zero.

Things will probably not be as cheap as when they were before but should be cheaper than having to pay discontinued pricing.

Right now Window seals and trims are a hot item for R32's. for something that should cost maybe 3-400$ in seals ppl are selling them for amost 3X the price. Hell just seen the rear windshield trim and molding sell for 950$ on YAJ.

But I have seen places sell OEM parts for double when you can still get the part from Nissan for the Original price.

That part interchangeability is very limited though. that really only covers Nuts/Bolts, suspension/bushings and brakes (rear brakes only) Not many ppl are looking for OEM control arms. Everything else on the GTR is R32/GTR specific.

We'll just have to wait and see what they do. I'd be quiet surprised if NISMO were to be making these parts immediately available to North America through our dealerships though. I'm more worried to see if dealerships will tack on some kinda JDM tax on it.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 05-31-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #19
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Mike, Brock, you guys crack me up, it's nice to have some reading material in the morning lol. Nissan Motorsports doesn't simply wake up one day and say "We are going to make a Sh*t ton of money today, change of plans boys double up dealer net on all the things!" it's not how our corporate structure works. fact of the matter is Nissan has to change manufacturing companies from time to time on certain parts. some be hard parts, others are mechanical parts. if anybody knows business you'll know that the more you make / buy the cheaper it is.

back in the 90's when these cars were in production, being fixed under insurance repairs and such they had to make a bit more parts. example the S13 Silvia half and half turn signals used to be under $50 for a brand new pair this was also when they were being made at the same manufacture that made their original batch. then nissan ran out of B6120-44F00's so they deemed the part discontinued. due to "high demand" we submitted a reproduction request. the new price quote came back at just under $150/unit dealer cost. (making a complete set $300) direct impact from their original manufacturing plant not doing the job & the much smaller quantity which is entirely out of nissan's control. same thing with the RB26 N1 blocks. Nissan's current foundry of iron blocks said no more, maybe because of the low volume that they moved (relatively speaking), or because of other reasons. Nissan had to find a new foundry to fill orders on these blocks and in turn they have more than tripled in price, while i used to be able to sell them at $1500 for a block they are now close to $4,000.

Fact of the matter is that Nissan has motorsports heritage and the top officials understand and take pride in that. if you think the pricing is insane and think it should be cheaper to restore a 90's japanese super car, or sports economy car in america, maybe it's not for you. you can expect a significant price hike in these low quantity parts re-production (considering the original production numbers).

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
example the S13 Silvia half and half turn signals used to be under $50 for a brand new pair this was also when they were being made at the same manufacture that made their original batch. then nissan ran out of B6120-44F00's so they deemed the part discontinued. due to "high demand" we submitted a reproduction request. the new price quote came back at just under $150/unit dealer cost. (making a complete set $300) direct impact from their original manufacturing plant not doing the job & the much smaller quantity which is entirely out of nissan's control. same thing with the RB26 N1 blocks. Nissan's current foundry of iron blocks said no more, maybe because of the low volume that they moved (relatively speaking), or because of other reasons. Nissan had to find a new foundry to fill orders on these blocks and in turn they have more than tripled in price, while i used to be able to sell them at $1500 for a block they are now close to $4,000.
You can preach about this and preach about that, but we're not talking about price hikes on a few items - and we're not talking about price hikes across the board (worldwide). What I am referring to is price hikes for us Americans in the good old US&A. Got a subframe and need Nismo bushings? Bend over. Need Nismo bushings for all the front and rear links? Bend over. Buy them in Japan? No problem! Old pricing still valid.

One thing to remember, I've been buying Motorsport parts for damn near 20 years now.

I dont think this complaint will make much of a difference. It is what it is. All I am saying is that I am *not* excited to hear that the R32 will receive continued support until NISSAN gets their prices more in order. No matter, we're just mere s-chassis owners, right? :-)
Old 05-31-2017, 04:31 PM   #21
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
I dont think this complaint will make much of a difference. It is what it is. All I am saying is that I am *not* excited to hear that the R32 will receive continued support until NISSAN gets their prices more in order. No matter, we're just mere s-chassis owners, right? :-)
Pretty much #bendover

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Most of it is due to supply stocks. During my time in Japan and having brought hundred of parts and multiple price inquires on items from the Local Nissan Dealership I have seen parts pricing change due to stock quantities.

I once bought a Recirc motor (as well a a few other things) for one of my old R32, Then a year later when to get another one for my current one to see the price double due to availibility nearing zero.

Just a heads up about something I experienced. When I was in the stages of planning to rebuild my sr20det transmission, I looked up the prices for all the tiny pieces I might need in advance- snap rings, mostly, and bushings. Mainshaft and countershaft nuts too. All I did was look them up from a dealer website (the only I could find that had those parts in stock).

I came back a couple weeks later to buy them and all of the prices had tripled. Here is what I think happens: you browse the site for those parts and it raises a flag in somebody's computer. They see that someone was checking out the price on old, low quantity stock parts, that hadn't been looked at in ages, and "realized" they could make the price whatever they wanted in that instant.

This is just my guess of course. There is no way that those parts sat cheap for 15 years and suddenly the week after I look the prices all triple. Someone can monitor that, the system is setup for it. So my advice is, when you want special or out of production parts, limited quantity or rare, make a list of them all before you go shopping online, and buy them then and there, don't wait on it.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #23
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Back 17 years ago when I worked parts at a Nissan dealership, the manager would price gouge the shit out of limited parts. At the time, 300zx tt was the worst.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
my advice is, when you want special or out of production parts, limited quantity or rare, make a list of them all before you go shopping online, and buy them then and there, don't wait on it.
It wouldnt surprise me if whoever did this, would get an email right afterwards explaining how there was a mistake in the pricing.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 AM   #25
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
You can preach about this and preach about that, but we're not talking about price hikes on a few items - and we're not talking about price hikes across the board (worldwide). What I am referring to is price hikes for us Americans in the good old US&A. Got a subframe and need Nismo bushings? Bend over. Need Nismo bushings for all the front and rear links? Bend over. Buy them in Japan? No problem! Old pricing still valid.
Mike, this is why I don't understand your point: you're admitting that they're cheaper here so the blacket statement of 'blaming Nissan' seems a little off. Wouldn't it be correct to blame North America Nissan?

Who's really to blame for the price hike?