Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
rwpowell015
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rwpowell015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
93 240 coupe harness bar

Trying to get mine setup, not overly sure where to mount it to. It's not as obvious as when I put one in my fc. Can you guys post some pics of where yours are mounted?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
rwpowell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=240sx+harness+bar

there's one additional step of clicking "images" at the top of the page
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
rwpowell015
Zilvia Junkie

Real helpful...thanks. I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't checked Google and not found what I was after. Have a nice day asshole

Old 06-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
you're right. none of those pictures show how harness bars are mounted in a 240sx.

and it's a good thing you told us exactly which harness bar you're using too. that made it so much easier for us to help you.

/s
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I were you, I would mount it properly the way it is suppose to mounted, that would probably be the safest way.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
rwpowell015
Zilvia Junkie

Braum harness bar, didn't think it really made that much of a damn difference. Feito you're a damn genius

Old 06-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Rear strut towers
Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Although, I wouldn't suggest using a harness bar.. Its usually mounted where the factory seat belt placement goes in the B-pillar area. Your going to have to take out the plastic covering from the pillar, and you'll be able to see where it should bolt up to. Pretty straight forward. As for the rods, it mounts all the way at the bottom of the b-pillar. Once you start tearing the interior apart, you'll know where it should mount..

I wouldn't suggest running one, as it can be a safety issue. I would rather mount the harnesses the proper way and use it just like that without the harness bar until you get a full cage.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to DM me.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #9
rwpowell015
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
Although, I wouldn't suggest using a harness bar.. Its usually mounted where the factory seat belt placement goes in the B-pillar area. Your going to have to take out the plastic covering from the pillar, and you'll be able to see where it should bolt up to. Pretty straight forward. As for the rods, it mounts all the way at the bottom of the b-pillar. Once you start tearing the interior apart, you'll know where it should mount..

I wouldn't suggest running one, as it can be a safety issue. I would rather mount the harnesses the proper way and use it just like that without the harness bar until you get a full cage.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to DM me.
Thanks for giving me a straight answer

Old 06-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #10
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This is one of those things where if you can't figure it out, you probably shouldn't be installing one. Here's a pic of the bar I had in my old missile car awhile back for reference though. Its pretty simple to install and stiffens the car up a bit, but as stated above its best just to get a half cage since your backseat will be just as useless.

Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote