Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #61
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I got my new/used camera yesterday. I needed some batteries for it so I ordered a couple kodac klic 8000 Litium Ion batteries off amazon with the charger for like 30 shipped.

I also found out that Superbrightleds.com is right down the road from where I live so maybe I can get a deal on some goodies.

Other than that, no real updates at this time. Hopefully I will get some time to work on the car later on tonight.
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #62
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Well, I haven't been on in a week or two. I was in Pittsburgh for a little while and then all last week I was up in Wallingford Connecticut. While I was out of town, I had a chance to take advantage of Enjuku's shipping deal so I jumped on it with every last dollar I had. I bought an AEM UEGO Wideband, Agency Power S.S. clutch line and Suspension Techniques sway bar set. When I got to work today, I found a box waiting for me that said STSuspension.

They look like pretty good quality. I will have to repaint them to match my theme but thats no big deal. They come with all of the hardware and instructions for the front and rear. The front is about 29mm and the rear is about 20.5mm.

I used a sharpie to gauge the diameter a little easier for everyone.

My Agency power S.S. clutch line came in and my AEM UEGO Wideband got here.

The UEGO has a white or black face to choose from and a silver or black bezel.

I also found an sr for cheap on Craigslist and might be getting that. I know I have changed my mind like 30 times on what platform I am going with but thats just the way it goes. lol

On another note, I went to Midnight Madness before I left to Connecticut and ran my bike. I didnt have to good of times but it was the 3rd and 4th pass ever on a track for me on anything so it was fine for me. I ran an 11.5 at 121 on the first pass and 11.3 at 123 on the second pass.

I ran up against a busa on the second race and thought I was gonna get owned. Idk how but the slip said he beat me. He had a better reaction time than me but I got him in the 60ft, 1/8 mile and I crossed the line before him with a higher top speed but it said he beat me by 33/100ths of a second.

I also got the privelage of seeing the beast in action. This is a bad picture but here is the link to some good ones. I didn't know he was a local guy. http://minds-farm.blogspot.com/2010/09/drift-240.html

I also saw these Toyota pickups in Connecticut. That would be a fun ride.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #63
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

***UPDATE***

Well, the motor didn't check out. 3 cylinders had 150 psi and 1 had 30 psi so thats a no go. I am joining the military so I bought a new tv for when I get stationed somewhere. That was a bit of my cash but I think it was worth it. Especially when Call of Duty Black Ops comes out in 3d. Say goodbye to my old tv...

And say hello to the new one

It is a 65" Mitsubishi 120hz 1080p 3d tv. I also got this for free when I bought it...

but other than that, I have put some work in on my car and got some pics of the holes I shaved from the wing.

And here is the crush bender I now have...

and now the real update. Saturday was a little slow in the afternoon so I decided to pull my subframe. I did it by myself and used a motorcycle jack to aid.

In total, there are 4 large nuts for the subframe mounts, 4 medium bolts for the L-shaped bracket towards the front, the sway bar bolts, driveshaft bolts, fluid drain, vent hose, and two 10mm bolts that hold the e-brake lines I believe.

I did find the energy suspension bushings looked like they were in good condition so I think I will be keeping those and a Magnetic drain plug on the diff

I am selling my old sway bars so here is the link. http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35073...sway-bars.html
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #64
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love this build so far! Minus the aero choice maybe. Just please dont ruin this build with some whack color choice on the paint or something! And dont swap it...easiest way to keep ac is just to go bottom mount Ka-t
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #65
MANOlOS14
Leaky Injector

MANOlOS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
now thats a build, nice man.
MANOlOS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #66
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Great build. Love the kouki even though I'm a Zenki guy but I hate that grill D:
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #67
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
good work!! any info on what motor your gonna run?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #68
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks everyone.

Here is a little bit of info on the scheme of things:
-Paint: Thinking a dark silver or gunmetal with dark purple for misc. parts and drift wheels. I think the wheels might be purple with a polished lip like some Garson wheels or some white Work XD9's.

-Engine: I want to keep cruise and A/C so I think I am going to go with a KA-T engine build. I was going to buy an sr that I had found for cheap but it had a bad cylinder. I will most likely have the KA rebuilt for a conservative 250-300 whp. I don't need anything crazy because I plan to drive this car a ton on the streets. I believe in driving what you build, not having a trailer queen.

As far as the aero, I like it. I like the Origin kits but I think mine is the least goudy out of them all. The Grill is a love hate type thing I believe. It is a JDM Kouki K's sport grill. If it doesnt go with the over all look, I will ditch it.

Anyways, I need some help...Does anyone know what this is for. It resembles a cable coming from the diff but it has no wires. When I pulled the little rubber boot and insulator off, it looked like a black w/ yellow stripe cable. Any help?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #69
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Grill is a knock-off of a very rare Autech S14 (kouki). I have been debating on it also.

I have never seen a good picture of one installed, paint matched, and not 6" from the camera.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #70
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gijoe69
Maybe its for ABS?
gijoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #71
kuelee
Zilvia Member

kuelee is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a intresting build, I read it all..LOL..The black wire on that diff, is probably abs from a viscious lsd..Its not needed..Keep us updated..
kuelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #72
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Ok, yea I was just wondering what it was used for because I looked at the end of the cable and there were no threads so just curious I suppose. It worked before and it will work again.lol

Well I am getting ready to order my dmax rear overfenders, tail lights and winkers so I will update later on when I get some work put in to the car. Thanks for the comments guys. Its always good to hear pos/neg comments. Thats what keeps me motivated
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #73
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

It is update time again and I have some good/bad news. The good news is that I pulled the gas tank, used the old gas to put a 1/4 tank in my camry.lol. The bad news is what I found after all was done and said.

So it isn't lookin good from the get go...

The filler neck is done for. I also found that almost every clamp fitting on the brake lines and so on are rusted and broke...

The gas line fittings are the best ones I had seen

After I removed all of the gas lines, I lowered the front half of the drive shaft and pulled the heat shield off of the tank.

I don't know if I had said anything before but I accidentally hit the 4 wires going to the fuel pump with my grinder(with wire brush) while I was removing seam sealer for stitch welding. Since the wires were already a little mangeled, I decided to cut them and then I pulled the fuel pump cover off and pulled the wire thru.

Once that was done, I dropped the gas tank.

From there, I hit the leads to the fuel pump with my electric impact battery and shot the fuel into a gas can to transfer it to my camry...

And that is when I took a peek at my underbody...Go figure...more rust

And how my garage was left last night. The pic doesn't include every rear multi link suspension part by my feet but i do have some room to move around...Thats always a plus.

And check out my How To on removing the subframe and give me some feedback...http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/351103...e-removal.html
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #74
satek
Leaky Injector

satek is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam, I've never seen so much rust on an s14 and I live in Canada lol. s13s are rusted to shit up here.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #75
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

I know. lol. thats what I'm sayin. Well thats why I am doing what I am doing...I want a solid car for a long time to come
Old 11-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #76
DeclareYrWar

DeclareYrWar is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, I know it was mentioned before but I thought I'd tell you that sensor on the front of your diff is for abs. Reason I thought I'd bring it up was because (not sure if you know already) you have a j30 diff. Doesn't really make a difference other than the gear ratio but I thought I'd mention it. You can tell because you have 5-bolt axles.
DeclareYrWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #77
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclareYrWar View Post
Hey man, I know it was mentioned before but I thought I'd tell you that sensor on the front of your diff is for abs. Reason I thought I'd bring it up was because (not sure if you know already) you have a j30 diff. Doesn't really make a difference other than the gear ratio but I thought I'd mention it. You can tell because you have 5-bolt axles.
Thanks, yea I knew that it was a j30 diff. I just wasn't sure about the wire because it doesn't even look like there are any single strands of wire coming out of where it was cut. Weird but thanks anyways.

Anyways, I cleaned some stuff up a little bit. I cleaned up the filler neck cover. This is before I cleaned all of it but part of it looks like its melted. I dont know if thats from gas spilling on it or what but oh well.

And then I moved to the heat shield that sits between the fuel tank and the exhaust/drive shaft. I cleaned this entire side and then flipped it over and saw how much rust was actually on it so I will probally be buying a new one...

After that, I removed my old tail lights.

I also removed my third brake light on the trunk and found this critter.lol I dont know how this big ass thing got in there. There isn't really any big holes...

I may be trying to put an L.E.D. strip in place of these^^^ bulbs to complete my tail lights. I just ordered my Dmax L.E.D. tail lights, front winkers and my over fenders.

And Nismo says..."What you lookin at FOOL???"
Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #78
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

A little update. This stuff came while I was working today...

I will try to get some better pics of them when I do a mock up on the car later on. The overfenders look pretty sturdy and better quality than the 30mm ones I had before so lets see how they look on the car. I just hope the body lines match up and everything looks like it belongs so we will see....
Old 11-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #79
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Ok, I threw the over fenders on to get a glimpse of the future and they look good. Good quality and excellent fitment. I can honestly say that I am very happy that I went with these over the origin. For the quality and price, they are unbeatable.

I lost my sd card so I took these with my phone. The pictures don't really do justice. You have to see these in person to realize how sick they look soooo....on with the pics

I bought these from Teknolust72. He is on here and Nico I believe. He is the one that I got my Origin kit from and the rest of the dmax lighting.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #80
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
in for the baller toilet. j/k excellent build!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #81
kamechikara
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kamechikara is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dam all that rust makes me happy I crashed my East Coast hatch and swapped everything into my Cali coupe.
kamechikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #82
victorw210
Zilvia Member

victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
cant wait to see this beast. yeah tysons car "the coupe posted" is awesome
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #83
kuelee
Zilvia Member

kuelee is an unknown quantity at this point
NOOOOOOO, I want more....
kuelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #84
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
damn dude i didnt realize there was that much rust under the car. if you need any help and im not broken hit me up
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #85
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

lol. Thanks everyone. Yes the car is a rust bucket and guess what...I found more. While stripping the undercoating off the front wheel wells, I found some more on the drivers side towards the firewall...more fun.

Thanks man. I think Randy, with the vert might be helping me pull the motor pretty soon here...or atleast lending me his cherry picker.

I began to strip out the front fender wells. I used my aircraft remover on the undercoating and it worked pretty well over most of it. The pics are kind of shitty but it brought it down to bare metal pretty fast and made it extremely easy to scrape off for the most part.

I still need to do the underside and the rear wheel wells. Other than that, I mocked up a template for my main hoop. I will be keeping full interior but I will be cutting the rear lower pieces a little to keep the cage closer to the side.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #86
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

I picked up my tubing last night. After I got it home, I cleaned off one end and closed it up with duck tape. I then leaned the 12' tube up against my deck and filled it with water. After filling it with water, I began scooping water soaked sand into a funnel going down the tube. After it was about half way full, I started smacking it with a hammer to get the air bubbles out. I then continued to fill/smack until the sand would no longer budge. After that, I dried off the top and taped it off with ducktape.

I cleaned my garage up a bit and picked up my tools so I have a place to work on this cage. I will begin bending it tonight and then I will see how everything goes. My computer crashed so I can't upload pics right now but I will when I get a chance.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #87
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Well I have my computer back so here is a few pics.
This is the undercoating scraped off my front right wheel well...still isn't all of it

And here is the tubing I am using on my cage. It is 1.75"x .095 wall diameter.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #88
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
whos doing the cage?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #89
Slideways74
Leaky Injector

Slideways74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
whos doing the cage?
Um, if you read his posts, you would see that he is doing it himself.

Question. Are you doing the sand in the tube to try and keep it as round as possible while bending it? Kind of a mandrel type thing.
Slideways74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #90
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
whos doing the cage?
Whats up Conrad...I am doing the cage myself. I am trying to do almost everything myself so I can say that everything was actually done by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways74 View Post
Um, if you read his posts, you would see that he is doing it himself.

Question. Are you doing the sand in the tube to try and keep it as round as possible while bending it? Kind of a mandrel type thing.
Yes, I filled the tube with water first. After that, I funneled wet sand from a bucket into the tube taking the place of the water...After that, I smacked it with a hammer to get all of the air pockets out and repeated until full. The ends were taped off with duck tape.

***UPDATE***

Well I got some work in on the main hoop last night after work. I have to say...it looks pretty good to me. No wall failure, the tube didn't flatten at all and it didn't kink. Great investment for me since I have absolutely 0000 dollars in to the cage so far. Because the tubing took so long to get here, my fabricator got it for free from the company. They just wrote it off as damaged goods and here I am with a 21ft section of 1.75"x.095". Lucky me.

And this is where it got crazy.lol. The tube was to long and was hitting the ground so I needed some more height...so this is what happens when your a master rigger with crap lying around.lol

And the finished product. Not too bad for my first one ever made.

And my candy from Jap man land

Enjoi