Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #151
RaVaGe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
RaVaGe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bllabong89 View Post
For real man? I was 324th. My mti was SSgt Romero. It wasn't really bad. I'm 23 so I was one of the older guys goin thru but it wasn't bad...just hot. I'm secfo so my tech school was at lackland too
Yeah lol 324 knights, wasnt too hot for us, it was actually windy and cool for our parade. I never saw SSgt Romero but I had SSgt Garcia (i think he got his blue rope) and TSgt Estrada. They were awesome and we got warrior flight haha. Im glad I didnt have tech school at lackand with MTIs everywhere lol, Im Ammo and mine was at sheppard which sucks just as bad and everyone says lol. You get to your first base yet?
RaVaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #152
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7evil View Post
Nice project!
Thanks. It's coming along.

Yes, I was supposed to go to Minot but I was diverted and stationed at little rock Arkansas.
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #153
RaVaGe
Leaky Injector

RaVaGe is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont hear too many good things about Minot. Plus isnt it still flooded or something?
RaVaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #154
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Yea, it was flooded but I don't know how much of that went down. I've got a few buddies from tech school go up there. One oft friends said he loves it but he was also raised in Alaska. Lol
Old 12-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #155
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

So I need some insight. If you could help, that would be great. I'm looking to get about 300-325hp at the wheel. I want to keep the engine internals stock for the moment and just get the car to have good reliable power.

What options would you recommend?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #156
Michaelwinne
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Michaelwinne is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Top mount exhaust manifold with a bigger turbo. Bigger injectors and a new fuel rail. After that a tune would get you quite a bit more power.
Michaelwinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #157
Papa_Smurf

Papa_Smurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the build! Incredible attention to detail on the whole thing... I Just picked up a '91 S13 to rebuild so this is definitely motivation!
Papa_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #158
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks, it's all a learning process. This is my first in depth build so I prefer to do things myself and learn by trial and error. Labor is free when your doing it and it's usually not to bad when you can find help from people everywhere.

I just ordered some new parts. I've got new p/s lines to fix the issue of them being cut when I got the car. I also ordered some tein inners with ends and then a oil drain solution for the head at high rpm. Also got a crank collar ordered from a very helpful person. I will get pics up when I can physically touch this stuff.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #159
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Well I just got the hook up from Grip Royal. I will give a full review of their product soon but so far they have been nothing less than outstanding.

If you aren't aware, I enlisted in the Air Force over the last 8-9 months. I found out the hard way that money is not good in this career field when you have no rank.

Grip Royal, unlike some large companies I have dealt with in the past, they completely helped me out with my situation and gave me an unbeatable price. I have heard nothing but good things about their steering wheels and now I will have my hands on one in the near future.

I will give an update with some pics soon on the items I have coming to me.

I am also looking for a mount kit for the rb25 into my s14 so if anyone's sellin one, send me a pm with a price and we will see if we can work something out.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #160
Michaelwinne
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bllabong89 View Post
Thanks. It's coming along.

Yes, I was supposed to go to Minot but I was diverted and stationed at little rock Arkansas.
Minot sucks but so does LR
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #161
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Well, where do I begin??? lol.

I've been gone for quite some time. pop in here and there but haven't updated this in a good amount of time. lol.

I joined the Air Force, Left for basic last April and went to tech school in san antonio as well. Now I am stationed at Little Rock, AFB. I swing into town here and there to visit and what not and was getting a lot of time in on my old car to new car.

I bought a members rb25 s14 and entered the realm of swapping parts over from one chasis to another. I put in a lot of labor on my car and that kind of bit me in the ass. It took longer than it should have but it taught me more than I could have any other way.

When I left for basic, the car was a rolling chasis. It still had the engine in it but all lines and wiring taken off because I wasn't done. I did a lot of body work, rust repair, stitch welding, scraping of under body and re-spraying, suspension overhaul, parts gathering and other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

When I got into tech school, I found the s14 on here that BlackDC5 had for sale. I had money saved up and was going to do the rb25 swap in my old chasis but found this route to be cheaper so I swooped it up...

My buddy decided to start his shop up, Rush Garage, with his friend and was looking for a shop car or something to swap and bought an sr so he needed a chasis. I needed a paint job so I made a deal with him. I got to keep all of my aftermarket parts and he got the oem stuff off the rb s14. I did all of the work of switching it from car to car and all I needed was a paint job in return. He got my old car, full interior, ka engine/trans, wiring and a few aftermarket parts like steering wheel w/ qr, brand new walbro installed along with some eibach/kyb spring/strut combo and a clear title once my car was finished.

Now the big part of the deal was done. All I was waiting on was my car to get painted and after around 3 months of nagging, being told different things week to week, and coming into town(5 1/2 hr drive each way) every other weekend, I was told he couldn't get it done in the final month dead line I was given. By this time, my old car was already scrapped for metal and parts probably sold off. I was then given $500 for the car. I'm pretty sure I could have parted it out for more than that if I was given the heads up sooner but that was no longer possible.

I took my car, my $500 and ran. I then found someone who could actually get the job done and got my car painted. Kevin Baker from Baker's Auto Body did the car and did a pretty good job. Full color change including jams(besides engine bay) for pretty cheap. Also fixed a number of dings and cut out the rear quarters for my DMax overs.

Went from this...

to this...

Needless to say...I'm very happy with the 240 but I still have a number of parts and what not that need to go on.

I am in the process of installing my new Wiring Specialties harness, I have some Top Hat mounts to go on, need to get my brembos painted and installed, throw on my boost controller and wide-band and a pile of other parts I have accumulated over the past 8 months. I will be updating this now that I have the time and opportunity to get things done.

Now we see where I can take this thing...
Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #162
Michaelwinne
Zilvia Junkie

Sick car man we need to meet up sometime. I'm finishing up my RB25 S13 swap as we speak. I'm a crew chief in gold section and I live on base.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #163
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks. We will most def. Need to meet up. My cars being worked on in my storage unit but once it's put back together, we will have to get together