Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ANDY black s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The $300 is not just the extra metal removed alone,its the time it takes to do the work,wear on the cutters and the machines used,the power the machine consumes all have to be factored into the equation,For quality work them prices are good,Be probably double here in the UK cost wise
ANDY black s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
Skilz10179
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Skilz10179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
$900 for truely quality head work isn't bad. I'm not knockin the price tag really, just the difference between the two stages do to the operations using the same set up and just running a different program...

As for the wear on tooling, cast aluminum is as soft as it gets. Unless you're doing hundreds of heads you're not going to be wearing out tools. I've been a machinist for over 10 years, i'm speaking from experience.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jimefam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow I'd really appreciate the link to the near 400cfm sr20 head? I'm gonna say bs on that one. Also guys remember Cnc is nice and all but the initial head has got to be something proven cause I can port a head like shit and program it into a Cnc and that don't make it good. Another thing is you can't go strictly based off of cfm #'s as that only tells part of the story. That's why it's better to get a head from a shop with a proven car then one who looks good on the flow bench but hasn't proven to be effective. Btw 900 is a great price for a GOOD PNP job Cnc or by hand don't mean shit.
jimefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
eccnc

eccnc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimefam View Post
Wow I'd really appreciate the link to the near 400cfm sr20 head? I'm gonna say bs on that one. Also guys remember Cnc is nice and all but the initial head has got to be something proven cause I can port a head like shit and program it into a Cnc and that don't make it good. Another thing is you can't go strictly based off of cfm #'s as that only tells part of the story. That's why it's better to get a head from a shop with a proven car then one who looks good on the flow bench but hasn't proven to be effective. Btw 900 is a great price for a GOOD PNP job Cnc or by hand don't mean shit.
you are correct about the copying a shit head into a program and coming out with pretty looking shit. thats why i am testing on our chassis dyno as well as the flow bench
eccnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #35
eccnc

eccnc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
$300 is a pretty big price difference between stage 1 and stage 2. I could see if it were hand ported but after you have the programs writen they are the same amount of work as far as set up goes.
the main differences between the stage 1 and stage 2 are the 7 angle valve job, that has to be done on a seperate machine, and the cnc combustion chambers

no offense intended just trying to explain the price
eccnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
joeboo1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
joeboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Interested.......will you be working on the L motors for the 240z, 260z, and the 280z as well???
joeboo1 is offline   Reply With Quote