Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
ISIS V2 Adjustable Arms Review

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd share my experience so far with the version 2 control arms from ISIS. They aren't supposed to hit the market for another month or two, but I've gotten my hands on them. The rumored price for the complete package is ~$550 shipped, so a tad bit more than the v1 arms.

Now, before I start, let's keep this thread free of any hate. Before anyone chimes in calling me a cheap ass or fanboy, let it be known that I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I'm rocking SPL arms in the rear and Kazama/Tein in the front of my s14, but this car is my budget weekend warrior so I wanted to keep the costs down.

I originally ordered the v1 arms, not knowing that these arms were even in production. A few of the V1 arms were on backorder, but after paying a little extra, I had these being shipped my way.

I helped my friend install the V1's on his car, but wasn't impressed with the quality of the rod ends. They didn't move near as smoothly as the ends on my SPL arms, and to even get them to move much at all we had to lube them up before install. But they worked. I have another friend who was running them on his s14 that he put into a pole, and the toe rod mount on the cast iron upright snapped off, but the toe rod itself was fine. So after witnessing that, I decided to try them out. I figured if anything went wrong, ISIS is known to replace them with little hassle.

Unfortunately all I had to take pics with was my phone. Fortunately, it's a Samsung S5, so it's not too bad. I do apologize, regardless.

I arrived at my parents house(they have the garage) right as the UPS guy was dropping the box off. I quickly opened it up. I know with the V1 arms, you got a large box with a bunch of plain white boxes inside. It's pretty much the same deal, but they've actually started putting their label on the individual boxes.

Now, after seeing the v1 arms looking exactly like repainted Godspeed arms, I expected these to look like GSP Gen2 arms. They didn't. They actually look quite nice.

You will notice that these new arms are quite a bit beefier. I was told the bearings are much better quality, although they didn't say what kind they were. I highly doubt they are QA1 or Aurora, but anything is an improvement over the v1's. I do like the rubber dust boots on them though:

The RUCA is angled for more clearance on lowered cars, not that that's an issue with s13's. The toe rod, however, isn't. The RUCA also has some extra bracing welded on, which makes me feel better about them. No, the welds aren't anything to write home about.

The rest of the arms:

And the lucky candidate:

I first started with the front tension rod. Simple, except the passenger side bolt seized to the bushing inside, which took way too long to get out. Luckily, a friend reminded me that the tension rod brackets come out individually so I was able to take it off and pound the bolt out. With that said, I didn't take many more pictures.

Tension rod:

Rear arms before:

Rear arms after:

Final Thoughts:

I'm really happy with these arms, considering the price I paid. They are a significant improvement over the V1 arms, and while they aren't the SPL arms I have on my s14, I'm confident in saying that they were accomplish what I want out of them. The finish is also very nice. I believe they are powder coated, or have a very strong painted finish. After the install, I looked over them and found no nicks or anything, and I know I slipped a wrench or two.

I have yet to drive the car, so I'll have to update later on the driving feel after installing these.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If there's any more pictures you'd like me to take, I'll do my best. Hopefully when these arms hit the market, this can help people make an educated decision as to whether this is right for them or not.

Lastly, I'd like to give a big shout out to Vitaly at AceUpMotorsports for once again hooking me up.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
azndan2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for taking the time to review these for us!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
They don't look half bad. I'm still debating buying ISIS suspension components, but for a car that will pretty much be a daily/parking lot whore I might just do it.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey man, if you were willing to run these I'm down. $500ish shipped is alright for my budget. I'll be looking forward to their release.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #5
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Any updates on how these ride? In car video would be great.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
So I got the car aligned the next day with absolutely no issue. Still no chips on the arms, even though the guy wasn't being super careful(again, not that I care about scratches or anything, just an observation).

As far as driving impressions, I haven't been able to drive it hard. I went from -4.0 camber in the rear to -0.8, and I desperately need to pull the quarters more before I can drive aggressively. I will say that so far, after a few days of daily driving, one rainy day drift session, and a couple of slightly aggressive on ramps, that the car feels 100% more solid now. I have always been able to drive this car hard with no real issue, but the rear has felt slightly unstable in the past. Now it seems very predictable and stable. As for daily driving, there isn't a huge difference. No new pops or pings or anything. It still rides smooth, but hitting a bump is slightly more harsh now, which is to be expected.

As far as in car video, I have a drift even coming up and I'd be glad to take come footage from inside.

Last edited by Hoffman5982; 06-04-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Hoffman5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
This are sweet I'm I love isis stuff the quality of there parts are getting better and better with out being so expesive. Im defiantly getting a set of these with there coilover in the near future.

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
thanks for posting this review. looks like the difference in arms say comparing isis &kazama are the welds, at least visibly.
you should post a video from your drift event just cause lol
Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #9
nekrodev
Leaky Injector

nekrodev is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope240sx View Post
thanks for posting this review. looks like the difference in arms say comparing isis &kazama are the welds, at least visibly.
you should post a video from your drift event just cause lol
This is pretty much what I thought. The welding on pretty much all ISIS parts is terrible, but I'd imagine the rest of it is okay.

I've learned my lesson, though, and will never buy ISIS again for suspension / engine parts.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
These look dope, was about to order v1 arms for my spare subframe, but i think i could wait for these. Any realistic eta and where we could order from?
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #11
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
So who sells these?
Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Maybe email/PM enjuku since they're a vender.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
DreamN
Post Whore!

$460 Shipped from Ace Up Motorsports

http://aceupmotorsports.com/products...PING!!***.html

No listing for these on Enjuku yet, surprised by seeing as there is one eBay already selling for $500 shipped on there as well.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^are those not just the normal ones?
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #15
DreamN
Post Whore!

No. Read the description and look at the pictures.

V1 are now Street Series while these V2 are Pro Series.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #16
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

V2's are definitely worth the price difference
Old 06-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #17
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
nice review, they look pretty good. Is that a stock 'graphic package' on the car? Car looks neat dude
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #18
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Yeah it was dealer installed
Old 06-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #19
DreamN
Post Whore!

Damn just noticed the price difference. You paid $90 more for these. Did you buy from Enjuku?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #20
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

No, AceUpMotorsports. Would have cost like $50+(FL tax + shipping) more if I had bought the v1 arms from Enjuku, and probably would have taken twice as long to ship to me even though they're in the same state
Old 03-21-2015, 02:45 PM   #21
zfortune
Leaky Injector

zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
Any update of how they're holding up.
zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #22
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice, I've been looking at picking up a set of these since the PO of my car put all GodSpeed arms on and they're pretty much worn out. Despite the bad reviews they get, a lot of my buddies are running their v1 arms on their track cars without a problem. Buddy actually dropped a back wheel off the rumble strip at Texas Motor Speedway at 80mph and broke the rear upright but the RUCA was fine. Looks like they put a lot more time into building these, and unless I come across a deal on some PBM arms, I'll be picking up this set.
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:16 AM   #23
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

The arms are still holding up great. I check them from time to time to make sure the lock nuts haven't loosened and to give them a quick wipe down and have never had an issue. My buddy put the same arms on his s14, and upon clipping a tree and bending the RLCA, the ISIS arms were perfectly fine.

Also just noticed the comment about posting a video from an event. Sorry I never delivered. Better late than never right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxZOvCjB-Oc
Old 03-22-2015, 05:23 AM   #24
Gostlrs

Gostlrs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the ISIS Pros all the way around as well, to include the front and rear sway bars and the ISIS Pro Coils. I love it so far. It feels really tight and responds nicely. For the price its a great setup
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #25
jxw
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
jxw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Do not buy the Isis V2 RUCA's!!!! Enjuku finally admitted they built the fixture for these wrong and they are longer than the stock arms fully adjusted in. They are almost a full 2 inches longer than the SPL RUCA's! So unless you want to run either a little or a lot of positive camber in the rear don't order them!

As a side note, I don't usually flame on products or companies, but it has been since November '14 that I ordered these from Enjuku, and they still don't have a correct length batch of them in, and they still wont comp me other arms. Crappy part, crappy customer service.

BTW, the other 3 sets of arms seem nice and have a good range of adjustment.

Also, I am a manufacturing engineer and own and operate a machine and fabrication shop before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Even one of Enjuku's employees was planning to use these and now wont after our discussions and his checking the dims per my request of their stock. I am fine with them making a mistake. I am pissed they aren't fixing it.
jxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #26
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Umm, not calling you a liar but my rear was at -3* camber when when I went to get it aligned(-0.8 after). I set them at the same length as the stock RUCA's and had to adjust them out to get them there. So yeah, I don't have this problem at all. With that said, if they issue a recall to replace them with an updated design, I'll happily take it
Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #27
jxw
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
jxw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah I asked them repeatedly if it was just somehow the set I got. I cant imagine they built multiple jigs to build the same product, but there is a chance they drilled the rear holes in the wrong location on some sets?? The nissan RUCA bolts would not fit through the holes either in my set, I would have had to ream them out. Maybe that played into the issue?
jxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #28
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxw View Post
Do not buy the Isis V2 RUCA's!!!! Enjuku finally admitted they built the fixture for these wrong and they are longer than the stock arms fully adjusted in. They are almost a full 2 inches longer than the SPL RUCA's! So unless you want to run either a little or a lot of positive camber in the rear don't order them!

As a side note, I don't usually flame on products or companies, but it has been since November '14 that I ordered these from Enjuku, and they still don't have a correct length batch of them in, and they still wont comp me other arms. Crappy part, crappy customer service.

Also, I am a manufacturing engineer and own and operate a machine and fabrication shop before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I am pissed they aren't fixing it.
This is a bit of an inaccurate statement.
A label was sent to ship the unit in question back to our warehouse the day after you had contacted us initially via e-mail (1/27/15) so we could inspect it and then ship it to the manufacturer for further analysis.

We then offered you full credit for that arm which you could apply towards any other manufacturer of your choice once it was determined there seemed to be an inconsistency with that RUCA, you declined swapping to a different manufacturer, then after we found that it may take some time for the manufacturer Isis Performance to have revised units available you inquired about switching to a different manufacturer (2/13/15) and we provided you with availability and pricing that same day (less than 10 minutes from your initial e-mail inquiry) on the other unit.

You elected to go this route some time later, at which point we provided you with a very generous discount on top of applying a full credit from the Isis Performance RUCA to try to help you out as much as possible. The other manufacturers RUCA's were unfortunately on back order and delayed due to an unforeseen issue that they had in production (they received only 1 side of the RUCA into their warehouse) and they will not be able to ship until the new components arrive in the USA.

We do not manufacture any parts here and deal with each vendor or manufacturer to resolve any issues with their products in accordance with their policies. When a resolution cannot be reached with that particular manufacturer we attempt to offer a number of different options to resolve the issue effectively, as we did here.

Unfortunately we cannot 'Comp' arms from different manufacturers, especially ones with retail pricing over 70% more than what you had purchased, but we did offer a 100% refund and also provided a large discount on the arms you did eventually decide to exchange to as a courtesy to you.
[email protected]

Last edited by Enjuku Racing; 05-12-2015 at 10:36 AM..
Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #29
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Thanks for the review. It is nice that you reviewed these arms having owned a set of quality arms previously. I personally would not buy these for my own build, but for the price these do the job. Definitely look better than the v1's! I have owned the v1's in the past (when I was a broke college student) and have not had any issues with them. Yes the look cheap as hell, but they did what they were supposed to. The v1 camber arms surprisingly didn't crack on me after contacting the subframe many times from drifting at a low ride height.

It's nice that they welded on the extra reinforcement tab on the v2 camber arms, but I am not sure how much strong that would make the arm if it were to come in constant contact with the subframe on load.

Regardless, if you need adjustable arms without the bling bling factor these are definitely worth the money.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #30
Gostlrs

Gostlrs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have ISIS Pro for everything and its working out great personally.