Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
joshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch question need help!!!!!

hey guys sorry if this was already answered i did a quick search and dont have time to look in depth.

i just swapped my clutch and put everything back together.. my question is do i need to readjust the clutch pedal or travel ?!?!?!?!? if so does anyone have info or can give me a play by play.

thank you just need to get this done asap!!
joshy240sxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

joshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruin
no one?,,,,,,,
Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
my question is do i need to readjust the clutch pedal or travel
no wait u took off the slave cylinder right and didnt
unhook the line to it if not ur golden pony boy
if u did u need to bleed it
Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

ya i know that but in some cars you adjust it at the pedal after you install a new clutch but some are self adjusting...
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Bleed the clutch line...ALWAYS. Clutch line setup on S-chassis sucks due to the stock dampner. Adjusting the pedal is up to you. Some folks line the engagement higher, some like it low. Not that hard to adjust it, if you look behind the pedal, the shaft is locked into place by a 12mm nut. Loosen it, then you should be able to turn the shaft either by hand or with a pair of pliers. The more extended the shaft is, the higher the engagement point will be.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

thanks man thats what i was looking for.. but do you have to bleed it even tho i did not tamper with the fluid or anything?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshy240sxxx View Post
thanks man thats what i was looking for.. but do you have to bleed it even tho i did not tamper with the fluid or anything?
no u do not have to bleed

i would reccomend a flush and refill/bleed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gijoe69
just bleed the clutch via 2 person or gravity bleed it, and see how you like the clutch engagement point at
gijoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

only need one person for a gravity.. but new problem my pedal likes to stick to the floor now and randomly dies. cant shift then after i pump it alot i can do it roughly.... i think it might be a slave cylinder but any input would help thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
If you have old clutch master/slave, I would recommend swapping both.

FR Nabco Tokico Clutch Master Cylinder Nissan 240SX

FR Nabco Tokico Clutch Slave Cylinder Nissan 240SX

Mine died on me in heavy traffic.

Pedal stuck to the floor and I couldn't shift out of gear.

Coasted off the freeway far enough to get off a street.

Swap them both and be worry free.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote