Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #391
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hahahhaahaao so true. fun stuff.

pics and vids now.

saw like 3 hd cams and a bunch of regular cameras and some dslrs!! haha
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #392
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan562 View Post
So who won?
The winner of the 626DRIFT staff search lead instructors:

Karl wasabi
Chuck
Nieko
Danny
And Jason Kim!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #393
doridet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
doridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to doridet Send a message via Yahoo to doridet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
The winner of the 626DRIFT staff search lead instructors:

Karl wasabi
Chuck
Nieko
Danny
And Jason Kim!
congrats guys!! i'm so proud of you guys. the event was awesome. looking forward to all the 626 events coming up, you know i'll be there! ^__^
doridet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #394
ono
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ono is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^we'll see whos sleepin tonight when I sneak in.... <33
ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #395
SLiguykyle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
SLiguykyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SLiguykyle Send a message via MSN to SLiguykyle Send a message via Yahoo to SLiguykyle
Thumbs up

had a great time out there yesterday. it was great that everyone in staff was so helpful on helping me figure out the line. thanks for everyone who gave me heads up on what to do. now is all i gotta do is get used to the car, and learn how to drift a bit better... (okay okay.. alot better hahaha) looking forward to going out there again soon, especially since i got tires left over
thanks everyone!!! :]
(im the long-haired white dude with the graphite hatch)
SLiguykyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #396
dkwasherexd
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
dkwasherexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkwasherexd
had alot of fun!!!!
dkwasherexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #397
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
When I got home I pretty much just knocked out. I just woke up. I was sooo tired. This was an awesome epic event. I almost forgot how much fun it is to drift your own car. haha.

Thanks Jackson and everyone else who put on the event, helped out, and was there. Good times. Can't wait to see the pictures and videos from those tandem runs. I'll try to post some up from my camera ASAP.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #398
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
When I got home I pretty much just knocked out. I just woke up.
When I got home I partied in hollywood till 4:30am, lol

My lips are chapped, and no, not from patien in hollywood.
Totally different neighborhood!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #399
3CL1P5

Trader Rating: (0)
3CL1P5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome event guys! Thanks 626 for making a first event amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
hahahhaahaao so true. fun stuff.

pics and vids now.

saw like 3 hd cams and a bunch of regular cameras and some dslrs!! haha
+1 for being one of those handy cams hahaha

I have some random pictures I took some from video and some just snapping.
I haven't done much to them just added an effect and resized for forums.

you know these guys:

me

usually I take more but I was having to much fun and forgot about the camera most of the time..=P

sorry if they are a little blurry, camera is meants for HD Video not pics =/

Found some more pics

sorry if they are a little blurry, camera is meants for HD Video not pics =/

Last edited by 3CL1P5; 02-21-2010 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: found more pics :)
3CL1P5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #400
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 DGRZ View Post

Thanks for those lending that extra helping hand needed staffing purely for the love of the game, especially Chris Davidson.
It IS all about the love of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
Saw many familiar faces out there, although I don't think many recognized me 100%, expecially without my car. Chris sorta remembered me haha
Seriously. Wasnt too sure until ya said somethin - lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackertheman View Post
just wanted to say thx jxn for making the event run so smoothly also thx Chris for all the help.... i don't thing i would of got home with out their help lol. oh btw... How do i get some pics from the media that was there? website, etc?

-jack (BLACK S13 Coupe' sr20 mod)

p.s: can't wait for the next event. think i could show up that red rx7 :-P
JACK! Dude. Was hoping you made it home OK. Glad we could get you back on the track and home safely.

REMEMBER: Check all those clamps & couplers. And DEFINATELY keep spares with you in your track bag. It truly does suck to have time wasted on a $2 part (not to mention getting stranded)

Lookin good out there, and hope to see you at more events!

p.s Welcome to Zilvia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
FInallY ...most importantly , and in no way does it over shadow the others efforts its just its what made yesterday happen... Chris (Mehsilvia) you sir, i can not thank you enough sir, if it wasnt for him i would not have had a jack to jack up the car, and i would not have had a pump to refill the LSD,

with out his help yesterday woul dnot had happened...

just thank you all...
Always my pleasure to help out. You woulda done the same for me or anyone else that needed the help.

Im definately proud to be a part of the 626Drift Staff 2010.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #401
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
^ <3

did anyone....anyone, get a pic/vid of my car... even if i spun out...lol

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #402
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Waiting on more pictures. I want to see what Steve's been crying about lately. Doubt it was as bad as he makes it seem.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #403
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Waiting on more pictures. I want to see what Steve's been crying about lately. Doubt it was as bad as he makes it seem.
bad pump
wrong tires
fender well pinch weld
horrible nub driver
=
fail for me...lol

im just wondering how big of spacers i should get...

Old 02-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #404
3CL1P5

@DALAZ_68
Which S14 were you? Ill check my vids and see If I can get a snap shot or something.
the charcole?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #405
DannyG
BANNED

DannyG is an unknown quantity at this point
So heres a little in side cam vid.

Jason you kept failing so I had to keep those clips in haha!!!

YouTube - Staff Search

watch in High Quality
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #406
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
bad pump? fuel? power steering? oil? water?

Wrong tires? I'm sure they weren't much of an issue considering the shitty tires some people have been known to run.

I'm thinking just possible first day jitters lol. Wheel spacers? You rubbing? I have the ones Chris gave me. They're 5mm or around that mark. You can have them once I'm done with them.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #407
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CL1P5 View Post
@DALAZ_68
Which S14 were you? Ill check my vids and see If I can get a snap shot or something.
the charcole?
s13 red HB... the one with the CA 18Osx plates...lol

Quote:
bad pump? fuel? power steering? oil? water?

Wrong tires? I'm sure they weren't much of an issue considering the shitty tires some people have been known to run.

I'm thinking just possible first day jitters lol. Wheel spacers? You rubbing? I have the ones Chris gave me. They're 5mm or around that mark. You can have them once I'm done with them.

P/S pump kept cutting off mid turns... i tightened the belt a bit more, and it worked a bit better but it would still cut off...

the tires were to sticky in the rear but to slippery in the front (same tires all around) changing PSI did help though...just need better tires up front and i can compensate the rear by just warming em up at launch...no biggy there...

and yeah the pinch weld kept hitting the rim...all day...so i need spacers to help that...and i need either hammer that shit down or remove (pinch weld under the brake line area)

if chris doesnt mind then yeah id like to borrow...dunno if itll be enough...kinda wish i new the rims offset...lol

and yes first day jitters did play a factor...that and i was dropped in the intermidiate group not the novice group...lol

but i was getting it a bit anyway...lol

Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #408
DreamN
Post Whore!

Hell, at least you got to run on your event. I was stuck swapping out a water pump and bleeding my car

I remember seeing the pictures from that even and you'd see me next to my car off in the corner by the shed just working away on my car. FML

Sorry, not exactly sure what area you're talking about when rubbing. All I can picture is the sharp piece of metal that typically always rubs against tires when to low, but that runs at the top in the wheel well. I finally took care of that on my a couple weeks ago.

Oh and dude, Chris actually gave them to me. He said he had no use for them. I'd simply do the same for you and let you have them if you can make use of them.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 02-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #409
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:

P/S pump kept cutting off mid turns... i tightened the belt a bit more, and it worked a bit better but it would still cut off...

the tires were to sticky in the rear but to slippery in the front (same tires all around) changing PSI did help though...just need better tires up front and i can compensate the rear by just warming em up at launch...no biggy there...

and yeah the pinch weld kept hitting the rim...all day...so i need spacers to help that...and i need either hammer that shit down or remove (pinch weld under the brake line area)

and yes first day jitters did play a factor...that and i was dropped in the intermidiate group not the novice group...lol

but i was getting it a bit anyway...lol
excuses, lol.
You need to get your donuts down, and learn the power curve of your engine.
I was drifting your car pretty decently within my 3rd pass.
All those things are minor, and i didnt feel any power steering problem or pinch weld issue or tire issue.

I think we just need to get you out there again and instead of trying to run the advanced course, just start at the begining with everyone else.
Your trying to start somewhere in the middle.

Next time.

video will take about a week i hope.
And some other people should post theirs, cause i plan to go warhol on that shit.
So most of you wont like it, lol.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #410
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
im excited.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #411
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
I just made a little video. Let me upload it!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #412
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Sorry, not exactly sure what area you're talking about when rubbing. All I can picture is the sharp piece of metal that typically always rubs against tires when to low, but that runs at the top in the wheel well. I finally took care of that on my a couple weeks ago.

to the upper right of the tie rod...

Quote:
Oh and dude, Chris actually gave them to me. He said he had no use for them. I'd simply do the same for you and let you have them if you can make use of them.
kew...if you dont mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
excuses, lol.
You need to get your donuts down, and learn the power curve of your engine.
I was drifting your car pretty decently within my 3rd pass.
All those things are minor, and i didnt feel any power steering problem or pinch weld issue or tire issue.
true sir, but you were able to initiate with the ebrake...my tree trunk of a leg doesnt allow me too...lol

and seriously though, after your runs (no not blaming him in any way) when i tried by myself...i would let go of the wheel and the POS wouldnt turn...lol...

not to mention when i turned the car on when i got home and devin drove it off the trailor the pump (not the belt) was whining like crazy, today too...even after fully warmed up it was deafening...

no big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
excuses, lol
I think we just need to get you out there again and instead of trying to run the advanced course, just start at the begining with everyone else.
Your trying to start somewhere in the middle.
agreed on all account sir...
im thinking March madness if i get the pump rebuilt on time...

Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #413
DreamN
Post Whore!

Ahh I see. Never knew folks rub that area. I'll check it out and see if I've ever rubbed it.

No worries on the spacers. I'm hoping to get new tires soon. Once that happens they're all yours. Just need to decide on what I actually want to run.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 02-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #414
3CL1P5

Quote:
s13 red HB... the one with the CA 18Osx plates...lol
ooh haha sorry my bad, i took a quick glance at ur name and didnt
read it all the way hahaha =P Ill check through.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #415
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
I shot about a 3 hundred pics from early am till about 3. Unfortunately, I had family things come up and had to leave a little early.

I'll post some pics up super late tonight.

Awesome event with many new faces. 2010 is going to be an Epic Year! Thanks to 626DRIFT, JXN and the Rest of us 626DRIFT Crew for another entertaining, fun and Legit as F*ck event!

Congrats to the 626DRIFT staff search lead instructors:

Karl wasabi
Chuck
Nieko
Danny
And Jason Kim!

~mario
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #416
DannyG
BANNED

DannyG is an unknown quantity at this point
so here's another video

YouTube - 626 Staff Search
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #417
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CL1P5 View Post
ooh haha sorry my bad, i took a quick glance at ur name and didnt
read it all the way hahaha =P Ill check through.
NP thank you

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by let5l1de View Post
I shot about a 3 hundred pics from early am till about 3. Unfortunately, I had family things come up and had to leave a little early.
np...u sir are awesome for coming out... thank you

Old 02-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #418
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:

to the upper right of the tie rod...

true sir, but you were able to initiate with the ebrake...my tree trunk of a leg doesnt allow me too...lol

and seriously though, after your runs (no not blaming him in any way) when i tried by myself...i would let go of the wheel and the POS wouldnt turn...lol...
It didnt lock on me when i drifted.
You never held a drift at full lock, so that wouldnt affect you.
You would need to me at maximum angle and tried to shallow out for that to have been an issue.
Or been drifting at full lock and have it bind a little on ya.
Just bang it with a hammer.

How wide are your rims?

i know that i didnt ebrake my last run

the POS wouldn't turn because you dont know how to drift yet, lol.
Cars dont automatically drift on their own.
It is actually a pretty difficult process to get a car to unsettle at 45 mph and start it sliding out.

If it was so easy, there would be accidents all the time as cars just stepped out and started drifting. lol

More practice.
It took all of us a long time to be able to hold that first drift.
Then to be able to transition will take you another several events.
You will go a few events in a row, just straight spinning out all day everyday.

You need to remember that we have been doing this for years now, and it takes a considerate amount of time to have the car control of a Hollywood stuntman.
If you think you will be running tandem like us within a year, its just not gonna happen.
Its not easy to be able to actually drift and control it around clipping points.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #419
CrazyRob
Zilvia Member

CrazyRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CrazyRob
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
So heres a little in side cam vid.

Jason you kept failing so I had to keep those clips in haha!!!

YouTube - Staff Search

watch in High Quality
yay! someone got legit video of me finally.
CrazyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #420
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Here's the video I made!

YouTube - 626 Drift - Staff Search - Feb. 20, 2010

I never made a video before, but decided to try it. haha. Those were all the clips I had.