Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Stolen Goods

Stolen Goods Report stolen cars, parts, girlfriends, etc.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
unkonscious

Trader Rating: (0)
unkonscious is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
attempted theft 95 s14

so my 95 s14 was and still is at the body shop and has been for the last month. I got a phone call this morning telling me some one tried to steal it. Well i went to check it out and sure enough some one tried. window was broken out. lower trim of the steering wheel was ripped off and all the wires were cut from what looks to be a botched hot wire job. well after they couldnt hot wire it they broke into the shop and got the key. nothing was stolen from the car surprisingly. my only concern is that the key is still missing. I could pay a lock smith out of pocket to repin the locks but should i have to? or is it the body shops responsibly since it was on their property, while it was getting work done to it.
unkonscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The bodyshop is 100% RESPONSIBLE for it. Just lay back and collect some cash.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
The bodyshop is 100% RESPONSIBLE for it. Just lay back and collect some cash.
This is not the case in most places, go look around the body shop and and paperwork they gave you, it may say, we are not responsible for any theft or damaged property while your vehicle is in/on our property, a shit load of places have these signs posted, if they broke into the shop for the key they will be back for it, if they had the balls to go into the body shop for the key I'm sure they looked for your records and now know where you live, so when they don't see it at the body shop they go to your home and take it, better see if anyone is parting out a 240 and get the ignition, door locks and trunk locks with a new key, talk to the owner of the body shop and see what they can do for you as of NOW, better do something ASAP because they will be back to take your car.
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Sounds like a bunch of fucking amateurs. Time to take wheels off the car, leave it on floor jacks and take ECU with you.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
unkonscious

the body shop is gonna replace everything that was broken. I am going to call them tomorrow about repining everything. the shop is considering replacing the steering column because the ass holes cut the wires to the air bag. well i shouldnt call them assholes because thats probably the only reason my car is still there.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
unkonscious

some what of an update. went to the shop today to see the progress. they are waiting for the insurance company to get back to em. but they said its gonna cost em like 1200 for just the drivers side window. glad im not paying for it. that and my windsheild was cracked and now its far worse so they are replacing that too.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
aznfab213
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
aznfab213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
1200 for just a driver side window?! WTF!
aznfab213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
car broken into at shop.. way for shop to collect insurance money. Hello
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
car broken into at shop.. way for shop to collect insurance money. Hello
What he said, $1,200 for just the driver side window?? That's nuts, I'm sure they'll order a cheap ass glass and pocket the rest of the cash, hell someone threw a rock through my cousins S14 and he was quoted $65 for the passenger door glass, seems a bit much but then again the driver side may be rocket proof or the insurance compay adds the drifter/Ricer tax too
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Body shop should take care of that, because it is in their property and they are responsible what goes down with their costumers car. I mean if that's the case, body shops would be running a chop shop talking about "Some one stole your car, and we're not responsible for theft".

That's fucking stupid.

My dad got his car repainted from a body shop in Fontana, and for some reason, someone parked a car or their car next to it and damage the side mirror, body shop called and informed my dad what happened and replaced it at no charge. BODY SHOP DOESNT KNOW WHO DID IT, but it was in their possesion when it happened.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
This is not the case in most places, go look around the body shop and and paperwork they gave you, it may say, we are not responsible for any theft or damaged property while your vehicle is in/on our property, a shit load of places have these signs posted, if they broke into the shop for the key they will be back for it, if they had the balls to go into the body shop for the key I'm sure they looked for your records and now know where you live, so when they don't see it at the body shop they go to your home and take it, better see if anyone is parting out a 240 and get the ignition, door locks and trunk locks with a new key, talk to the owner of the body shop and see what they can do for you as of NOW, better do something ASAP because they will be back to take your car.
regardless of which signs are posted where, any shop which is legally licensed needs to have insurance, well they should have insurance. anyways if you car is broken into while in their shop, they are responsible, any court of law will rely on reason, and its reasonable to say that its their fault. not yours. take them to civil court if they dont want to fix it on their dime, call your local attorney general and complain, and when everything has been taken care of, burn their business to the ground for playing hardball with you

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Damn ill sell you my window for 40 bucks lol. I also got complete lock set and lower steering wheel trim
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
treken2t87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Damn ill sell you my window for 40 bucks lol. I also got complete lock set and lower steering wheel trim
Get the body shop to give you a full quote to repair what they are responsible for fixing, bill them for it, take your car home, and buy the parts from this guy and fix it yourself.

AND GET PAID

Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
coreyh
Leaky Injector

coreyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by treken2t87 View Post
Get the body shop to give you a full quote to repair what they are responsible for fixing, bill them for it, take your car home, and buy the parts from this guy and fix it yourself.

AND GET PAID

werd.........
coreyh is offline   Reply With Quote