Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #29
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Is that a Z33/G35 diff? Whats the plan with that?
Package deal with the trans. I sold it to a buddy of mine who already has a s14 subframe setup in his hatch. That's definitely on the table for me but it'd be the next phase once everything is up and running. I have a good friend that owns a Z specialty shop here in town and they got shelves of parts and parts cars in & out of the shop regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I feel you on the budget thing, the "youtuber" that had the issue received a revised kit from them and still had problems. Hope it works out for you.
It actually showed up 2 days ago, haven't really gotten around to playing with it just yet.

I did play around with the crank collar fitment and it wasn't excessively tight, hah..slid right through (click to play)

Speaking of parts showing up, I looked in to Freed Engineering's coolant temp sensor for the factory gauge and wasn't impressed. Essentially the same thing I did, just utilizing a 1/8th NPT sensor and M16 adapter. For less than half the price, I sourced a m16x1.5 to m10x1.25 adapter and a OE sensor for a SOHC cluster. Even though it's a dummy unit, I don't want to have any dead needles.

Just as an added note to everyone, Kavlin Malli is using this same kit on his 2jvvti swapped z32 and has made plenty of power with no issues that I'm aware of concerning this kit. I don't know if its related to drifting it but this car will not see that kind of use since its waay to nice of a chassis to be wall riding with; that was a big factor in my decision. Money spent on critical components is directly related seat time. I more than likely would have done with a difference kit like Fisch.

My buddy got his kit the same day I did and got it on last night; it is an awesome piece, no doubt about it. Spend some time cutting it short then grind it down for a perfect fit. She THICCCCCC

Last edited by crash n' burn; 05-22-2020 at 10:15 AM..
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote