Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #421
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
50 SERIES? That's a HUGE sidewall...
Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #422
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
looking good guys, i have to post mine up soon as i get my new tires haha!
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #423
bloodlinebkx

Trader Rating: (0)
bloodlinebkx is on the path to ruinbloodlinebkx is on the path to ruinbloodlinebkx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pab_drifter View Post
since where on the rim subject i just wanted to ask for some of your opinions i wana put some sportmax rims on my s13 hatch ok i was thinking on getting the 006 rims 18x9.5 in the rear and 17x9 up front i was gona put 215/40/17 up front and 225/40/18 any suggestions would be apreciated
dont go with tha sport max go costom nd ya u can use those tires www.ravspeconline.com custommmmmmmm
bloodlinebkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #424
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
dunlop direzza
215/40/18
18x10 +17

I got em like that. a lil too extreme for me, I pray everyday I dont blow a tire on such expensive rims
Old 02-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #425
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i dont understand, why use a tire that doesnt fit the rim. honestly...
is it only for the fact that its cheaper? is it cause you like the look? im not flaming anyone just curious as to why someone would sacrifice safety and contact patch. the only thing i can think of is that you like the look or because the cars are lacking the power to break loose some 275/ or 300 series tires u use a smaller tire so it breaks free easier. i dont see that being the case tho because some of these cars look pretty well built. please give positive feedback.
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #426
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
yeah, it's for the looks

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #427
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eds13
and to get wheels to fit under the fenders.....
Old 02-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #428
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
cool thanks. the look is kinda growing on me but i dont think i could do it cause i drive like a lunatic and need sidewall support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
yeah, it's for the looks
Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #429
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
rx7club doesnt like it.. ive been told i need to learn about tire sizing

its not for everyone, when i get tires im gonna go with a wider size, but not sure if it iwll fit my fenders lol
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #430
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

its not for everyone, when i get tires im gonna go with a wider size, but not sure if it iwll fit my fenders lol
So you just do whatever the forum you're on says?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #431
morbid
Zilvia Member

morbid is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you get these tires mounted? I'm guessing any old tire shop guy won't be able to / won't want to mount it.
morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #432
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:

My Buddy fit 235 up front and 245s in the rears of his FC withs 10s all around.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #433
wanganwonder
Zilvia Addict

wanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to behold

245/40/18 ss595 on a 12

aired right up w/no cheetah or anything (brainfood holler)

1 month deep no blowouts

btw eating buffalo wing potato chips... amazing
wanganwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #434
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
pm me more pics daren

Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #435
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Quote:
Rx7Club is filled with a bunch of pussies.
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 AM   #436
HyperTek
Post Whore!

word.. thas why im still on here and i got rid of my s13 a year ago.. i recently bought premie too lol
Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #437
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflag_Rms13 View Post
Rx7Club is filled with a bunch of pussies.
they consider 18x7.5 +30 wheels to be a gangster fitment.....haha

Silly Rx7Club, those are for Accords....
hahaha
jeeper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #438
ALLABOUTDAZ
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ALLABOUTDAZ is making a name for him/her selfALLABOUTDAZ is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALLABOUTDAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_x View Post
they consider 18x7.5 +30 wheels to be a gangster fitment.....haha

Silly Rx7Club, those are for Accords....

ahahaha wtf thats was a good one
Old 02-05-2008, 02:45 AM   #439
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
the most common Honda size is 16x7 +40...

Anything else is "special"
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #440
joshy240sxxx
Leaky Injector

joshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruinjoshy240sxxx is on the path to ruin
good way to scratch your rims!
joshy240sxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #441
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
hypertek- give me your rims and i will forever love you! haha
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #442
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Rx7club sucks.

Being on that forum is like work. So much misinformation being spread.

They all HATED on Justin so hard when he was selling that car.

Saying if he was a real drifter and not a poser he wouldn't have a car like that.
HAHAHA.

That forum is like a cesspool. The only smart ones are the ones who own FB's.

Bryon's FC posted above is one of the few if any fc's in norcal with fitment.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #443
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
didnt realize this was streatch tire thread,

but they fucking hate my car over at rx7club, ahaha

bitches
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #444
mydogsdrift
Leaky Injector

mydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post
How do you get these tires mounted? I'm guessing any old tire shop guy won't be able to / won't want to mount it.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4954224932917517041[/ame]

This was from a month ago or so...This works just as well as anything. Hope this approves the tire stretch peanut gallery as well.

235/40/18 on an 18x10 work xd9
mydogsdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #445
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nice vid haha

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #446
mydogsdrift
Leaky Injector

mydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enough
http://video.google.com/googleplayer...93997338&hl=en

One more
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #447
xturboexpress

xturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choicesxturboexpress has made poor choices
Talking

Last edited by xturboexpress; 06-09-2021 at 03:24 PM..
xturboexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #448
Jlee
Zilvia Member

Jlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydogsdrift View Post

This was from a month ago or so...This works just as well as anything. Hope this approves the tire stretch peanut gallery as well.

235/40/18 on an 18x10 work xd9
Did you make that video? If so, what tires is that?

Jon
Jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #449
mydogsdrift
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlee View Post
Did you make that video? If so, what tires is that?

Jon
Michelin pilots
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #450
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

well i grew up on evolutionm.net which no offense to this site is also alot more technical so i know what you mean.

thanks for all the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturboexpress View Post
I read the other comments and what I think the real point is was missed. Yes its looks and style, but the "look" is the big, wide, near 0 offset wheels. The stretched tire was a side effect of making 18+x10+ wheels fit on an aggressively lowered car designed for a 16x6. The more a tire is stretched out, the more you can push the edge of the rim outwards without rubbing tire on the fender. (where as a vertical side wall would intersect it) It only makes sense o/c for very low cars... stretched tires + wheel gap is nasty, and your excuse better be something like "my coils are getting rebuilt"

I've heard other excuses like that it improves feel, which I'm sure it does considering the tightness of the tire and the additional pressure required. At the end of the day though your sacrificing grip for style by stretching when a wider tire could be used (if the car wasn't so low)

If I'm too technical for zilvia, my bad, I grew up on supraforums.... just look at my awesome rep