Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #181
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhnumber View Post

somebody ask for specs??

well it is 15x8 -69 offset chunt wheels haha jk American racing
tire is 165/45/15 prelli's Itailians sure do know how to make a good tire!!

hater's get mad!
What about the front specs? Looks more mild... but still cool

GJ posting the 1st pic in action! Now we know it IS safe! woohoo! ...relatively at least...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #182
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by suberi_RPS13 View Post
my buddies 265/35/18 on 18x12

your buddy must do drive bys in that thing cause that shit is gangsta!!!
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #183
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahaka View Post
a little stretch is cool, but I think those extreme stretches look silly.
Its fucking stupid, useless and gay
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #184
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
^^^^ Yes, yes, and yes!!!!!!!!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #185
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212 View Post
Don't fuck it up

just keep an eye on the beads so they don't get torn up, make sure you use lots of lube, but not too much....you loose all the feeling if you use too much
The part when you start talking about lube, just had me cracking up. Sounds like you are describing something else.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #186
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
The part when you start talking about lube, just had me cracking up. Sounds like you are describing something else.
Really

say it ain't so.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #187
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Its fucking stupid, useless and gay
Maybe if you would have stretched those Federals?...no crashy?

Haha. I'm just bugging you dude.

I stretch for the look. It's the only way you can get flush wheels on a super low car with stock fenders. Still have 245's on the back. Don't see a problem with that.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #188
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
I love the idiot Zilvia mentality of:

"Hey look a thread that is about something I don't care for at all, I better go in there and tell them how much I don't care for it! Yes!"

You don't like stretch ? Stay the hell out of the stretch thread? NO ONE in this thread gives a RATS ass what the hell you think, seriously. Who the fuck are you? Eat my tits. Racepar1, and all the other idiots posting non-sense in here, enjoy your red squares. Steve, I actually value your opinion, but still, this isn't a thread for you.

This isn't Formula 1. This isn't GT racing. This is (for most of these cars in this thread) drifting.

1. It looks cool, and lets you fit wheels.
2. It tenses up the tire, giving you quicker traction loss in most cases. Driving with crazy hippari like my friend's Corolla pictured above makes the rear end feel like it's driving on butter. This is nice on a car that has low power (like his).
3. I've yet to see anyone pop bead. We beat the hell out of those 165's and they were fine. He drove home on them if I remember correctly. Maybe you pop bead, maybe you don't. Maybe your gas tank explodes, maybe a comet hits you mid-drift, maybe your welded diff breaks, maybe your hood flies up, maybe you run over a baby. Fuck maybe, real men don't pussy around maybes, they drive and look bad ass and die in a fiery wreck of awesome.

And so I'm not a fucking moron like half of you, here's my stretch.

Hercules G5000Z UHP
225/40/18
10.5J wheel

(Before I removed spacers)

225/35/18 in front
9.5J wheel

Tire stretches good, but the sidewall has a shitty ass shape. Concave sidewalls suck for stretch. I think I could do a 215/40/18 but then I'd have too much fender clearance in the rear.

I need to find a cheap, 60$ convex sidewall tire. I wish I could afford Falken Ziex.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #189
240truk
Zilvia Member

240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about
^^maybe you run over a baby haha!!! yeah what he said.. stretched tires FTMFW. but seriously WHY do people post hatin ass bs in a thread like this?? i dont understand they just get owned
Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #190
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Sparks are cooool, but I had to raise it a little because I couldn't get inside the garage.
215/35/18 on 9.5 all around.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #191
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
I require photographic evidence that you actually make sparks on the road and didn't just overly lower your car for a photo.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #192
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Not on the road, I meant the lips of the wheels against the fenders when drifting, it's even cooler than smoke haha.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #193
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

I still want to see it. This is what I plan on doing too. All I need is about 1/8" lower and I'll be there. They rub already when driving over speed bumps or when going up a driveway.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #194
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Sparks are cooool, but I had to raise it a little because I couldn't get inside the garage.
do i spy sportmax??
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #195
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
This isn't Formula 1. This isn't GT racing. This is (for most of these cars in this thread) drifting.

yeah but you don't need that much stretch for drfting.

a 235 40 17 on a 17X9 is more than enough with a stiff sidewall tire

most stiff sidewall production high performance tires are the most popular with professional teams for drifting as well -yokohamas, toyos, falken azenis, bridgestone reo1-r etc.

but i guess if you have say iono 100 whp.

stretching a 215 on the biggest thing you find can be like fitting ice skates to a drunk pitt bull or poodle depending on your wtrq.

sigh
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #196
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
I still want to see it. This is what I plan on doing too. All I need is about 1/8" lower and I'll be there. They rub already when driving over speed bumps or when going up a driveway.
Haha I want to see it too, that's just what people have been telling me, I wish I could see my car from the outside whenever I'm driving it, but hopefully someone will shoot pics when it runs again. Don't you have FRP overfenders though? I'm guessing the main reason why my lips spark is because I still have the boring stock metal panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
do i spy sportmax??
Yessss I know I know haha, but they're so cheap, I'm planning on using them as canvas and start a collection and paint every pair a different crazy color, or paint random pictures and graphics on them.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #197
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

I still have metal rear stock fenders Matej.

Steve:

I'm sorry did you just talk about what professional teams use? How does that apply? Show of hands, who here is a professional drifter? Hell, raise your hand if you even compete in a series at all.

Thought so.

What I said was, the stretch can have some benefits such as stiffer tire, that is NOT the reason it is done at all.

It's done because it's stupid. It's done because it looks rad. It's done because then you can put a big ass wheel tucked riiiiight up against the fender with like 8 degrees of camber.

It's hard to explain, but there are some people out there that are all about extremes, obviously you're not really one of them, that's fine.

But some of us want

The biggest wings (who care's if they're functional)
The largest wheels (who care's how crappy our steering is)
The deepest lips (who cares what this does to our alignment)
The loudest exhausts (who cares if we lose HP)
Flames coming out of pipes and screamingly loud (who cares if this means we're running poorly)
tons of ridiculous angle and smoke
flush to the point of dangerous
Ridiculous camber (fuck tire wear)
colors so bright your eyes hurt
more vinyl stickers than Nascar (I can't see out the windshield but DAMN I look good)

There's not a whole lot of this "thinking" with drifting. You make it fast, you make it look cool and then you go drive.

Ask BH what his alignment specs are. Ask Haraguchi why he set up his FC suspension the way he did, what arms he used. Ask him why he runs 20"s on a car that can't fit 19"s. You'll find that most in drifting don't give a shit.

We're not going for lap times, we're not going for safety, we're not going for stability, we're not going for accuracy, we drift to have fun and to look bad ass. Whatever it takes to do those two things and nothing more.

It brings a smile to my face when someone tells me how stupid I am for what I do.

/rant #2 today
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #198
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
couldn't have put it any better
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #199
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
/rant #2 today
Amen my brother, well said indeed.

heres my pretty standard 225/40/18 on a 9.5... nothing extreme or crazy here.

if i get federals again, i'll go 215's next time, at least up front, could use the extra clearance...
Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #200
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I have to admit Squidd, I am not a fan of overly stretched tires, or the drifting "scene", and this has not changed either...

but damn, that was very well put.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #201
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
have any more shots of this car?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #202
240truk
Zilvia Member

240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about
lol squidd... dont forget our aero, held on with zipties (who gives a shit if it falls off!) drifters are so careless, we're awesome

Last edited by 240truk; 02-11-2008 at 04:03 PM..
240truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #203
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
thought i posted these already.... neways corollas are silly. friends old tire.
205/50-15 on a 10j

it has 185/60 on it now at like 80psi and is way way lower hahaha

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #204
Kougeki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Kougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kougeki Send a message via MSN to Kougeki Send a message via Yahoo to Kougeki
Tire stretching is a waste of time and and just for show, you can't drive on it.
Plus, it's unsafe and doesn't even look good.

Gamertag:XxChumbawumbaxX
Kougeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #205
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
this thread is not to argue about tire stretch. it's to show it off
don't be an ass hat, gtfo!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #206
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougeki View Post
Tire stretching is a waste of time and and just for show, you can't drive on it.
Wow. You must be the most dense fuck on the planet. Seriously.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #207
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
stretched tires cant be driven on? thats wierd, i have been driving stretched for over 4 years now

215/45/17 on 9.5"

jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #208
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
OH HI I UPGRADED YOUR REP.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #209
CrimsonMX5
Leaky Injector

CrimsonMX5 will become famous soon enoughCrimsonMX5 will become famous soon enoughCrimsonMX5 will become famous soon enoughCrimsonMX5 will become famous soon enough

195 45 15

15x9''
Old 10-12-2007, 04:20 AM   #210
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:

sounds like a rotary guy

OMG look a racecar with stretched tire. THE HORROR THE HORROR !!!!!

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote