Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spring update:

Last season ended with my turbo blowing up. I managed to scoop a GT2871r and a tube manifold from a couple buddies.

IMG_3468 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3002 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3469 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3470 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Decided while I was in there I should upgrade some bits. PBM cobra downpipe will be going in replacing the greddy outlet and downpipe. Also did not want to deal with blowing out turbo gaskets so I drilled out the manifold and turbine flanges to accept M10 hardware. OEM Fd3s hardware to be exact.

IMG_3239 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3646 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Had my buddy weld up an external wastegate flange.

IMG_3570 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3569 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3574 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

While the turbo was out I heat sleeved some bits.

IMG_3650 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Finally starting to reassemble everything and found out the manifold moved the turbo forward around an inch. Intake no longer fit, oil drain didn?t line up anymore and there was a gap to the downpipe. No bueno. Luckily my buddy gave me an oem manifold when he sold me the gt2871r so I opted to use that instead to minimize custom fab work.

IMG_3653 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

EWG mod

IMG_3690 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3692 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3693 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3697 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3718 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

A couple low priority projects I worked on while waiting on fab and parts. Created wheel storage, had AN bungs welded to catch can, started working on a panel to mount power distribution for auxiliary items(gauges, strobes, rgb led?s, etc.)

IMG_3633 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3571 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3895 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Finally got the turbo installed and since the dump pipe has more room for error I decided to take a stab at TIG welding it myself. I still need a lot more practice lol.

IMG_3721 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3734 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3736 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3732 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3733 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3723 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

The freddy oil pan that came installed on the engine when I bought leaked like a mofo. I wasn?t sure if maybe the rtv job I did was shit or if it was the actual pan that was junk. Didn?t want to deal with it again so I swooped a Greddy pan from rhdjapan. Cheaper and faster than anything I could?ve found stateside.

IMG_3634 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3748 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3755 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

She finally sees daylight for the first time this year. Took her out for a little spin with the boys.

IMG_3941 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3942 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_3955 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
2BDA3AC9-4C62-48ED-85EA-0642034E0329 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
AfterlightImage by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

My wedding is coming up and the want to be able to take pics with the car has been killing me not being able to drive it more. In the meantime I test fitted the used overfenders and wing I had picked up last year.

IMG_4063 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4064 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Luckily my teammate was having his car sprayed and he was nice enough to let me throw the wing in the booth. Turned out amazing.

IMG_4073 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4074 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

I don?t remember what I was looking for but I noticed that my camber arms were hitting the frame rail and that the hardware was super loose. So happy I found it now instead of later. Check out the gap between the subframe and that eccentric lockout washer. The idiot that installed the arms(me) put them in backwards/upside down.

IMG_4060 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4078 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4080 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

My homie hit me up a few days ago and wanted to snap a couple pics of the whip before it gets destroyed so here?s a couple bts shots.

IMG_4084 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4088 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_4093 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote