Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-14-2003, 02:25 AM   #1
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Question Socal DD6 Roadtrip?

Anyone making any plans for a roadtrip up north for drift day 6?

I'm thinking about leaving on maybe the 3rd of July (dd6 is 5th i think). That would give about a day to check the car following the 360 mile drive from home.

If anyone needs a place to stay for a night, I can probably bargain with my dumbass roommates to let some people sleep in the apartment in San Jose. *note you'd probably be sleeping on the floor... at least it's carpeted.

So, anyone in? Mind you... these plans aren't final, but at least the idea is out there. yeah.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i plan on going up, but i have work the night of the 3rd. I don't want to get out of work for more than two days (i work friday and sunday nights too). =/

as for a place to stay, if i can't find a place to crash, i'll PM you =). but how far away from 3Com is your place? last time i was in San Jo it was another hour and half drive to the bay after that.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Dunno.. I've never been to the 3com/candlestick park or whatever.

Old 06-15-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
itsybitsy240sxEy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
itsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to itsybitsy240sxEy
hey mike, this is janet.. adriel's friend. driving up together in a group seems fun, i'm just not sure which day i'm gonna be driving up. hopefully the 3rd (=

paul, can't you just say you can't work on friday?

www.PinkGodziRa.com
itsybitsy240sxEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 02:03 AM   #5
furanzhu

furanzhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey drifing together?

If you want to drive together to North Cal,
I am up to it.

Franz.
Hopefully somebody still remember me
furanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 06:40 PM   #6
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by itsybitsy240sxEy
hey mike, this is janet.. adriel's friend. driving up together in a group seems fun, i'm just not sure which day i'm gonna be driving up. hopefully the 3rd (=

paul, can't you just say you can't work on friday?
i'm not working friday, but i don't want to leave thursday (cause i won't be able to work thursday as well)
Old 06-17-2003, 12:40 AM   #7
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Oh hey janet I remember you. Is Danny entered in the event?

Old 06-17-2003, 01:32 AM   #8
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yes, both danny and janet are registered.
how do i know? i did the paypal for them
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:42 AM   #9
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Daym im not registered but i live in NorCal. Ill be there though. Next event when I have my car ready. I wanna see how the SoCal guys/girls do. See you guys there. Mr. Migs I wanna check out your car again. Last time I only saw it at the DeAnza Autocross.
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:53 AM   #10
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Yep. Can't miss it. I'll probably be one of the only green kouki S14s with the zenki tails on it. I have different rims now tho...

Time to update my signature pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carwithrays copy.jpg (28.4 KB, 32 views)

Old 06-17-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
which rims are those? they look like Impuls.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:08 AM   #12
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

They're some old skool Ray's -- the Sebring line according to the centercap. They were made in 1990, and I can't find any online reference to them anywhere. They're called Zeiger 5 Sport.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:32 AM   #13
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

oh thats cool. How many SoCal people are comming here to dd6?
Old 06-18-2003, 11:31 AM   #14
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by ootranceformeroo
oh thats cool. How many SoCal people are comming here to dd6?
if you check the event list for those attending...it shows you Name, Car, and Location of all the drivers..
Old 06-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

indeed...

Upon going to the gas station today, I spotted one of the entrants of the D1 Driver's search parked in front of the garage. Burgundy S14 with cf hood and Sonic the Hedgehog stickers

I wanted to find out who it was, cus he (or maybe she) did pretty good at Irwindale a few days ago. Couldn't find the person tho unless it was the manager's car... which would have been.... insane...

I juander if that person is on zilvia... Oh Jah, gas station was in Alhambra corner of New and Valley. hmm...

Old 06-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #16
itsybitsy240sxEy
Leaky Injector

itsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to itsybitsy240sxEy
did that burgundy s14 you saw have three spoke wheels when he was competing on sunday? if so.. i do believe the person you saw is Casper. my friend and i met him once at that same gas station to look at some rims he was selling. wow. everyone lives so close by!

www.PinkGodziRa.com
itsybitsy240sxEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:01 PM   #17
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ya he'shella cool!! thanks for letting me use our wire cutters bro!

really nice guy. his skills have improved A LOT since the first time out there! looking good and car is soooo nice
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #18
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

uh yeah 3-spokes... so Casper then
/me turns on stalking mode haha j/k

Old 06-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #19
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
you bastard. you are supposed to be up here before july 3rd damn you. i have yet to view your new wheelage. i command you to return to nor-cal at once, or there will be dire consequences.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #20
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Dire consequences indeed.... Nice sig pic foo haha

Man... traveling back and forth from northern to southern cali.... ive been to a lot of the rest stops.. I found this one place that has a crap load of places to eat, including In & Out and has like 3 or 4 gas stations. It's thee best cus it's right in between, and it's not all dirty and **** like some of the other stops. moohaha

Old 06-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #21
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMigs

Man... traveling back and forth from northern to southern cali.... ive been to a lot of the rest stops.. I found this one place that has a crap load of places to eat, including In & Out and has like 3 or 4 gas stations. It's thee best cus it's right in between, and it's not all dirty and **** like some of the other stops. moohaha
ahhhhh yes...you refer to Kettleman City...it is almost exactly the half way point...170 miles to LA or to Santa Cruz (for me)...

however while it does have the best food...if you wish to stop and gas up you will do much better to stop in Buttonwillow where you will always find gas AT LEAST 15-20 cents cheaper per gallon...

how do i know?..because i went to school at UCLA and had a girlfriend back in Santa Cruz..car got 30,000 + miles of Interstate 5 in 2 years...lol..
Old 06-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #22
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

ahh that is indeed valuable information. And yes, Kettleman City is the bestest for food

Anything for the ladies, eh Nokeone?

So anyways, let's get some official info down... When is everyone planning to leave for dd6? I was thinking July 3.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #23
furanzhu

Thumbs up DD6 road trip

July 3rd sound good for me, I'm on for that.

:hammer:
Old 06-20-2003, 07:48 PM   #24
pruto
Zilvia Addict

harris ranch is really good place to stop and eat, not cheap like fast food, but mmmm, good steak. i also like that skillet place, its a trucker stop. When i travel i really like to hit up the local eateries, the best food can be found there. Fast food chains are so.. i dunno, unadventerous =) mmm, can't wait till i hit up that hotdog place in berkeley... mmmm, sooo good...

if you're really bored, there is also some good seafood places if you take the 1/101 up north. that place in FTF is on the 1, and i heard actually pretty good (never been there myself).

beware of the road around Big Sur tho
Old 06-20-2003, 09:20 PM   #25
furanzhu

Lightbulb Road Trip

Let's think about where to meet, and let's decide what day we should do the trip.

Is Everyone agree with July 3rd?

We should exchange information like cell phone number and name of people want to go on July 3rd.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #26
psidriven
Leaky Injector

psidriven is an unknown quantity at this point
sign me up

i'm leaving for norcal thursday night (July 3) from oc. can someone get an e-mail list going. down to drive up w/ some people to make the ride less boring.

3com is about 30-40 min from san jose on the 101 if that question wasn't answered.

thanks
tony
psidriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:36 AM   #27
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Looks like there's a small group of ppl for july 3rd. It should be easy enough to make a small list of who is going etc.

As far as a meeting spot/time is concerned... I was thinking my house (or some's house) around noonish. The reason I say house is cuz some ppl might need to use the internet to get some last-minute info from mapquest... happens sometimes... plus I have juice and you can do some last-minute pre-roadtrip checkups on your car. (I have some extra coolant and oil and junk just in case).

I live in San Gabriel -- the reason I say noon is because... well... driving sleepy isn't that great... one of my cousins actually got into a pretty dangerous accident because he chose to drive while drifting into slumberland

So then how does that sound? any other suggestions for time/place?

Old 06-23-2003, 07:41 PM   #28
coolerow2
Zilvia Member

coolerow2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to coolerow2
Quote:
... plus I have juice
Oh man! Count me in!

j/m with ya Mikey.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:10 AM   #29
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
Quote:
... plus I have juice
0h n0! you arent talking about that 3000% grape juice stuff are you? that stuff is hardcore, i think you can water it down and make like 55 gallon drum full of it and it would still taste the same.

anyway, are you staying in SJ after the event? norcal touge is calling your name.

Last edited by GotDriftS14; 06-24-2003 at 05:14 AM..
GotDriftS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #30
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

haha i dunno meng... maybe for a day or two.