Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #18121
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^^ Thanks, anyone use the sr20det rebuild and install dvd advertised on this site? I know a few PEOPLE complained they never got a disc!

Last edited by lewisfk; 04-14-2015 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: ENG
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #18122
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Adhesive.

Fenders look like they fit flush to the window line so it's likely he won't actually "mold them in" using glass and Filler.

-uaLHT8bj7w
Sweet! Why haven't 240 guys been doing this sooner?!? Rivets look like shit!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #18123
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Sweet! Why haven't 240 guys been doing this sooner?!? Rivets look like shit!

Cause they are...

A: Lazy
B: Want that knarled Race Car look
C: Cheap Asses

I think that adhesive will set you back $100 or so. Price for awesomeness.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #18124
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
^^ Thanks, anyone use the sr20det rebuild and install dvd advertised on this site? I know a few PEOPLE complained they never got a disc!

I wouldn't trust that DVD. I got the RB and SR swaps years ago. Utter trash. You really are just better off going on YouTube.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:59 AM   #18125
Corbic
Post Whore!

Anyone know who to get a hold of in Chiraq regard rad graphic designs?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #18126
Corbic
Post Whore!

Also what are the green wheels.. I can't ever keep this shit straight
Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #18127
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Also what are the green wheels.. I can't ever keep this shit straight
Gram lights 57dr
Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #18128
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
So random issue I am having, I have my car back together, basically rebuilt the whole front suspension, new inner/outer tie rods, new LCA's (new inner bushings and balljoints), adjustable tension rods.

When the car is stopped, and the wheel is turned in either direction, the steering wheel and wheels sort of shimmy, I don't recall this happening before, am I looking at a bad rack? I've never had to replace or diagnose a rack and pinion so I'm not sure if this is a typical symptom.

Alignment is done, with the exception of having my caster angle adjusted (will be completed today), but I don't imagine this could cause my problem, could it?
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:29 AM   #18129
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
P/n q

Does anyone know the part number for the rubber grommets circled below?
Tried the parts databases but couldn't find them...
Thanks!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #18130
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonroz View Post
Does anyone know the part number for the rubber grommets circled below?
Tried the parts databases but couldn't find them...
Thanks!
You didn't input VIN in www.nissanpartszone.com and find them on your car? Let me know when you find them. Hint: Body, Front, Radiator Core Support
Old 04-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #18131
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
You didn't input VIN in www.nissanpartszone.com and find them on your car? Let me know when you find them. Hint: Body, Front, Radiator Core Support
Thanks for the reply, I've actually looked there but they only have the part number for the entire bracket and not for the two small rubber grommets...
Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #18132
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I've actually looked there but they only have the part number for the entire bracket and not for the two small rubber grommets...
Google "hood bumper." It works.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #18133
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
So random issue I am having, I have my car back together, basically rebuilt the whole front suspension, new inner/outer tie rods, new LCA's (new inner bushings and balljoints), adjustable tension rods.

When the car is stopped, and the wheel is turned in either direction, the steering wheel and wheels sort of shimmy, I don't recall this happening before, am I looking at a bad rack? I've never had to replace or diagnose a rack and pinion so I'm not sure if this is a typical symptom.

Alignment is done, with the exception of having my caster angle adjusted (will be completed today), but I don't imagine this could cause my problem, could it?
Do that and report back if your wheels still wobble.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #18134
jaxshawn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
jaxshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just got my holset today but can't find any info from the numbers on the plate

Assy. 4035961
Serial. H050201466
Customer 2853198
Model hx35

It's a non wastegate t3 twin scroll flange, v-band downpipe

7blade cold side
12 blade hot side

19L4 cast into hotside
jaxshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #18135
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
So for awhile now I keep getting a mix of ecu codes on my 1991 and its either 13 which is maf (im cleaning it today) or 34 which is my knocksensor.

While idling today, I change my safc view settings and displayed the knocksensor and It just stayed on 0, i just got the car and im not sure if he even hooked up the safc knock wire but is there any way to check my knocksensor? I multimeter tested the wire and got good numbers so next thing im guessing is get a new one for 30 bucks. Or go to a scrap yard and get one off another 240 or even an altima or 300zx
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #18136
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
So for awhile now I keep getting a mix of ecu codes on my 1991 and its either 13 which is maf (im cleaning it today) or 34 which is my knocksensor.

While idling today, I change my safc view settings and displayed the knocksensor and It just stayed on 0, i just got the car and im not sure if he even hooked up the safc knock wire but is there any way to check my knocksensor? I multimeter tested the wire and got good numbers so next thing im guessing is get a new one for 30 bucks. Or go to a scrap yard and get one off another 240 or even an altima or 300zx
buy a new knock sensor... old school nissan knock sensors suck and break easily. if your knock sensor reading is staying on zero, its trash. the sensor should always hear engine noise, its only when it reaches a certain percentage that it retards timing to prevent knock.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #18137
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Capped of connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Quoting for attention before I just make a new thread. Seriously, someone with an '89 or '90 just go look in your fu***** engine bay please.
I just checked my 89 coupe with power windows and mirrors ( thats what power options mean right?), and it doesn't have that capped off connector, car was stock too so the connector must not be present on 89-90 models. That capped of connector is present on my 92 with power options, so it must be as you said

I don't know if that helped but at least i validated that its not there

Last edited by kashira kureijii; 04-16-2015 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: off was spelled wrong
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #18138
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
thanks for the reply, i've actually looked there but they only have the part number for the entire bracket and not for the two small rubber grommets...

65823-28e00

UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 AM   #18139
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
65823-28e00

Nailed it!

Thanks allot!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #18140
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
65823-28e00

Semper Fi, Devil Dog.

That's the same part number I just got from nissanpartszone.com
Old 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #18141
jollyroger927
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jollyroger927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone know of a company that makes a rep of a BN type 3 front bumper for a 180sx??

http://www.bn-sports.co.jp/2door/ima...x_t3_front.jpg
jollyroger927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #18142
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xw7W1gcwZK8"

1st NVCS
2nd rocker arm off
3rd lifters
4th Knocking
Old 04-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #18143
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger927 View Post
Does anyone know of a company that makes a rep of a BN type 3 front bumper for a 180sx??

http://www.bn-sports.co.jp/2door/ima...x_t3_front.jpg
Having own a legit BN Sports aero, you'd be better off contacting GTR garage or vendor and go legit. It's tough and can take daily abuse without a problem.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #18144
jollyroger927
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jollyroger927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Having own a legit BN Sports aero, you'd be better off contacting GTR garage or vendor and go legit. It's tough and can take daily abuse without a problem.
I have BN side skirts, fitment is great but I cracked them already.

Just trying to get my hands on a front bumper fast before paint but I cant seem to find any reps.
jollyroger927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #18145
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Can someone help me with a part number or where to find a replacement for the pin and clip that retains the clutch pedal to the clutch master cylinder? Or is it ok to use some hardware store part for that? Anyone have experience with finding what to use for it?
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #18146
jaxshawn
Zilvia Member

jaxshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Just use hardware
jaxshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #18147
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
Can someone help me with a part number or where to find a replacement for the pin and clip that retains the clutch pedal to the clutch master cylinder? Or is it ok to use some hardware store part for that? Anyone have experience with finding what to use for it?

Hardware+2

http://www.courtesyparts.com/0092310...-p-137913.html
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #18148
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
1992 240sx with S14 SR20DET swap.

What's all wrong with this? I assume I'm missing a seal at that bearing? U joint also seems to be slinging grease. Anything else I'm missing? I also haven't checked/changed the trans oil yet but wouldn't be surprised if it was a 'little' low...
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #18149
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
1992 240sx with S14 SR20DET swap.

[IMG]
What's all wrong with this? I assume I'm missing a seal at that bearing? U joint also seems to be slinging grease. Anything else I'm missing? I also haven't checked/changed the trans oil yet but wouldn't be surprised if it was a 'little' low...
Was your car an auto before? ABS Equipped? What rear diff?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #18150
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the CAS the same on the s13,s14,s15 SR?
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote