Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
sr22det twin scroll gt3076r .82 build

Well its been a while since I have had my car running almost a year. But back on track getting the car together.

I don't have an actual HP goal, mostly going for some gnarly mid range and power from 4000-8000 rpm.

Probably wont get to a Dyno tell next spring. But here is the setup so far.

Sr20 redtop 90 mm bore Mazworx block
Head has a new 3 angle valve job
264 came
Knife edged and polished exhaust side.

Isis intake- after I sold my greddy to pay bills last winter.

Fuel plans 96 lb msd and jw fuelrail Edited*
dual walboro inline both hard wired for no voltage drop should be able to flow 400lph vs the 500lph if they were parallel but makes for plenty of fuel and a easier set up.

Planing on a Enthalpy reflash on my tune I have right now with a race fuel tune and a normal fuel tune. People will say, go stand alone, but that will have to wait until I can find a reliable person in the NW to tune it for me and I would need to be able to get it to them.

Got a first Gen full race twin scroll manifold

And atp .82 twin scroll housing on the way. A lot of people run the .78 but it seems to choke out around 7500 and my extra displacement plus wanting to take it to 8000 makes the .82 perfect I think. Should reach full boost by 4000 easily.

I have had a few different setups decided to make use of the built block I have and not running another t2 turbo.

Last edited by idahotuner; 10-05-2011 at 11:37 PM..
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Don't even waste your money on DW injectors. ID injectors are fairly cheap and are some of the best ones on the market right now. Go top feed for your goals, screw sidefeed.

Edit your post too, in some places it looks like you were drunk typing this.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Don't even waste your money on DW injectors. ID injectors are fairly cheap and are some of the best ones on the market right now. Go top feed for your goals, screw sidefeed.

Edit your post too, in some places it looks like you were drunk typing this.
lol i typed it out on my android it like to auto correct and jump around on me.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well i didnt notice before but jim wolf sells drop resistors and injectors besides the fuel rail kit.so looks like that will be a cheaper route all together for a injector upgrade.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
If you want voltage to stay constant for fuel pumps, you can run a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump. You won't need to turn it up though. Essentially it is a system that maintains voltage and can even raise the voltage to the pumps to increase output.

Also, when you run that high of volume on a high impedence injector I have heard that they often run rich at idle and are harder to tune than low impedence injectors on a standalone. Just what I have heard though. +1 for Injector Dynamics.

Glad to see you are back in the game, as a fellow NW'er. Granted, I am in Washington but nevertheless. Ray @ GarageAutohero has had more than one Formula D driver's car in his care, and I am lucky to live and work near his shop. How he does tuning though is still a mystery to me as he doesn't have a dyno in his shop. And, he's pretty far from you...
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

i think the hard wire kits will work just fine and it basically just a new relay with a trigger wire. probably going to go with some 96lb injectors from jim wolf, got to give him a call tomorrow.

the only thing i havent figured out really yet is how i will plum the hot pipe, it will be easier when i get the manifold and turbine housing this week, also thinking about moving my BOV to the elbow coming out of my intercooler on the cold side.

got to get some hangers re welded on my exhaust and bolt that up.
but really dont need many parts now to get it running,
the fuel injector stuff
and i have a full race turbo outlet sitting here i just need to cut the 4 bolt off and have a v band flange welded on it
a 44mm v band waste gate and dump tube
and turbo lines.
then a reflash

few things i need also.
s15 lsd w/ out put shafts to re place the one i sold
and brick head lights complete with plugs and corner lights to finish my front end,
Old 09-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #7
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
JGY sells a fuel rail that supposedly works with top feed injectors and you can also pick whether you want stock style fuel connection, which I love because I don't feel like replacing my brand new nismo fpr. Haven't read any reviews on it but it looks nice...
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #8
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah the jim wolf looks about the same, i have tried to avoid dealing with JGY as i havent heard the greatest things about them, all i need is a inlet and outlet bung on my fuel rail as i have a remote FPR would like to do an electronic fuel pressure gauge, but guess the one under the hood will work fornow.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #9
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

i was looking at the jwt one before, but according to enjuku's website, they dont work with aftermarket intake manifolds...
Old 09-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Guess I will have to call and find out. I bolted my stock fuel rail to my greddy manifold no problem so it seems like it might just be a problem for the s14 Sr's but there are kits online that are cheep ad work with different manifolds. I mean all it is, is a drilled piece of aluminum not much that can fail.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

called just a little bit of bending should get the JWT fuel rail to work. going to order 96 lb injectors and get all the other fuel stuff from jim wolf
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

got a 44mm tial waste gate
external walboro 255
and mazworx dump tube today.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #13
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

added a link to the parts i need so i can get it running before snow hits
Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well bought a bunch of random parts i need, inter cooler piping stuff to fab a hot pipe and relocate my bov, and make a intake pipe for the turbo, plus some 96lb msd injectors
talking to full-race to get a downpipe made for it to work,
suppose i should be hitting martin up for my tune
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

got my intake pipe for my turbo it will put my maf and air filter down away from any engine heat, and i got my new bov flange so i can get that mounted down in the bumper also
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

just curious, did you ever get the chance to take your previous setup to a drag strip?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

No the dragstrip wasnt open when I had my last setup running at its best
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

today ordered head lights, clear corners, and clear headlight lenses
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

and for your veiwing pleasure my new pipe lol
Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

i look high but i am not, got my drug free card to prove it, lo land i am going have that hot pipe welded up so it will be two sections and one straight coupler
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

and test mounted the waste gate and dump tube it will dump out right under the drivers feet lol you feeling those good vibrations.
and s15 hlsd came today with output shafts injectors should be here tomorrow
Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #22
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
You'll love the HLSD. I have one in my S14 and it rips. You can feel the power transfer from side to side.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah I had one already, I just had to sell it to pay bills. And I wasn't going to go back to an open different with as much power as I am planning. So had to get a second one.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #24
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

second fuel pump and hardwire stuff i picked up today
Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #25
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

differential gasket and seals came today, so i really should be out there installing them. also fuel injectors came, i must say i am disappointed with the JWT fuel rail. its method of connecting to the manifold leave alot to be desired, def not worth what they charge. trying to get the injectors to seat straight and the holes in the rail dont line up with any bolt hole on the manifold. i will make some custom brackets and then get it to work, but kinda sucks
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #26
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Well got some more stuff in the mail. Cs clear corner, and clear covers, and cs fuel rail adapter. Head lights should be here tomorrow. Then I will have a shit ton of wiring ahead of me.

Hard wire both fuel pumps, wire injector plus and resistors, wire in wideband, wire in head lights. But at the same time elk hunting season started yesterday and I am hunting down some bulls I got pics of on my trail cam. So hopefully I get one soon so I can focus on building the car.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

raise your ride height on your coilovers and give chase...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #28
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well the hunt is still on, saw a bull moose at about 10 yards, but not the bull elk i am looking for.

in other news i got my head lights today

and pulled of the stock lenses and stuck the circuit sport ones on, i need to seal them though still, and paint the tops black like the factory ones. the picture looks funny cause the angle i think. goint tent out the corner lights.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #29
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

wow, what happened to your intercooler?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #30
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah..... about that my dad was lowering my car to move it cause it was in his way. And I wasn't around didn't know he needed blocks of wood under the tires to lower it down on. Well while he was lowering it the Jack broke and it slammed the hole car down . And that was where the Jack handle was