Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #211
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm glad to hear that Origin still kits well... I've dealt with DMAX in the past, and their kits fit well. Their hoods seemed to be hit and miss. And speaking of hoods, anyone here order a Origin hood as of late? If so where you happy with the purchase?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #212
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My Origin hood fits great.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:25 PM   #213
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 09-19-2016, 03:59 AM   #214
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Davizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Davizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:00 AM   #215
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Old 09-19-2016, 04:01 AM   #216
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Old 09-19-2016, 04:37 AM   #217
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Guys, this is not a thread to spam with random pictures of aero equipped cars.
This thread is for posting your experience with fitting aero to a car. If you don't have a constructive post, please refrain from posting.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #218
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Well in that case (this is my own car)

Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #219
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Sooooooo how does it fit? Trimming required? Were the panels warped much?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:47 AM   #220
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm glad to hear that Origin still kits well... I've dealt with DMAX in the past, and their kits fit well. Their hoods seemed to be hit and miss. And speaking of hoods, anyone here order a Origin hood as of late? If so where you happy with the purchase?

Agree 1000% with your dmax kit statement. I've dealt with so many bullshit aero companies from chaser to duraflex and I finally was fed up and just bought dmax. No trimming, no heating up to flex it to fit my car. I literally had it all mocked up and mounted within 20 mins.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #221
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Sooooooo how does it fit? Trimming required? Were the panels warped much?

I must say, Vertex really doesn't dissapoint me.
The fitment on the front is amazing, everything connects really really well on eachother.
Skirts and rear bumper fits really well to, only thing they could have done a bit better is the rear fender fitment.
The upper part of the fender (which lays on top of the original fender) the part between the trunklid and the rearlights, coulda have a little bit of a better fitment.
But hey, you wont hear me complaining about it, if i hear that A-brands like Rocket Bunny have a shit fitment.
With Vertex you get a 95% quallity worth your money fitment.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #222
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Agree 1000% with your dmax kit statement. I've dealt with so many bullshit aero companies from chaser to duraflex and I finally was fed up and just bought dmax. No trimming, no heating up to flex it to fit my car. I literally had it all mocked up and mounted within 20 mins.
I can't speak to how their actual kits fit, but my DMAX fenders fit like ass. Line the fenders up to the hood and then the door gap is too small. Line the fenders up to the door and the trailing edge of the fender hits the A-pillar. Line the A-pillar up and nothing else matches. Get everything 90% and the back of the fender doesn't bow out enough so every time I try to open the door it grabs the fender. Right now I have a block of wood between the actual car and the fender pushing it out enough so I can open the door.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #223
JustCallMeTakumi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JustCallMeTakumi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have had the Bn rep front bumper from Vis for a while now. Fitment was good, but not great. It's a little wider on one side where it lines up with the fender, but also I have oem fenders and one side got in a crash. I pulled and hammered the fender back to stock and it actually looks like it wasn't in a crash besides for one dent above the wheel but I believe that is why it looks to be wider in that area. Where it wraps around the fenders is good on both sides. I haven't trimmed it at all or heated it up, but if I did around that area I believe that it would be perfect fitment.

I also had an AIT uras rep rear bumper that was terrible and I would have snapped the bumper if I even tried to make it fit around the quarter panels. It would have required a ton of work to look half ass so I sold it. I don't think the person that bought it ever even took the time to try making it work.

Right now I have another uras rep bumper or could be a origin aggressive, but I'm not sure who makes it. I was told it was vis, but vis comes with black gel like duraflex and this one is white. Might even be authentic, I'm not really sure, but it fits 95% perfect with no cutting or heat and is brand new. I am selling it because I was told it was a bn and bought it at night so I was disappointed to find out it was another uras so I'm selling it, but I was very pleased with the quality. It is super stiff though so I think I would crack it VERY quickly without some heat treatment to loosen it up.

My sideskirts are also unknown and were white gel originally, they are bn rep and are super thin and flimsy, but very flexible because of it and the fitment is ok. They crack very easily but needed no heat or trimming at all to make fit good.

Currently in the market for a bn rep rear bumper for a hatch and have been reading this thread for a year or so. I don't want to spend much because it is only temporary and to match the rest of my kit so I was looking at vis which I have had a decent experience with or duraflex which I only hear bad things about, but my friend's bumper from them fits pretty damn good. I will be buying the real bn kit in the upcoming year, but I need a bumper to throw on to match for now and was wondering if there are any recent experiences with Vis and ED from their Bn mold???
JustCallMeTakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #224
xataustin

Trader Rating: (0)
xataustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old thread bumparino - Has anyone had experience buying from VIS recently? Specifically the "G speed" GP sports rep kit?? From what I can tell the photos on the website are the 'old mold' photos.. so I'm wondering what's up with the kit. May just call and see whats up.
xataustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #225
Beas
Zilvia Member

Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
just put Origin type 3s front and rear fenders on my s14. got them from TF works.

Rears- ok, had to trim the edges and the gas door required a lot of trimming to be able to open

Fronts- dog shit. so warped and poor fitting. took me forever to get them to line up somewhat decent. surfaces are all wavy too.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #226
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas View Post
just put Origin type 3s front and rear fenders on my s14. got them from TF works.

Rears- ok, had to trim the edges and the gas door required a lot of trimming to be able to open

Fronts- dog shit. so warped and poor fitting. took me forever to get them to line up somewhat decent. surfaces are all wavy too.
In for pics, I havent installed mine yet, hopefully in the next few weeks
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #227
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
VS aero overs fit like dick
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:07 AM   #228
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty good fitment I suppose. VIS Racing B-Speed Bumper x DMax 40MM Fender

Ignore 4x4
Old 07-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #229
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
I second the pics! I have been tossing around the idea of getting a set of these for my s14. Don't mind doing some fitment tweaks obviously since no aftermarket body pieces really fit "perfect". But after hearing this I might just stick with my D-Max 40mm fronts and Origin Type 1 50mm (i think) rears instead seeing as they didn't require much to get proper fitment.Hmmmmmm decisions lol.

Main reason Im looking to switch it up is because I think the person that sold me the rears, actually sold me 30mm and not 50mm. It seems all the 50mm rears have a much larger lip in the gas door area then mine do. Anyone mind measuring their 50mm fenders in that area and letting me know so I can confirm this on my end?
Cameron
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #230
Beas
Zilvia Member

Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfiend View Post
I second the pics!
Cameron
So, they don't look too bad from the outside. the mounting points and everything u cant see is whats horrible. I ended up just riveting them on along the top edge. you can see a little bit of waves along the top. also the fitment around the corner light is pretty bad.
[IMG]origin 1 by chris beasley, on Flickr[/IMG]

Don't mind her, check out the fitment around the corner lights. the driver side doesn't curve down like it should to fit the body line. sticks up. These fenders aren't too bad, I guess it just depends on how picky you are.
[IMG]c08 by chris beasley, on Flickr[/IMG]
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #231
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Damn yeah that is a little worse then I was thinking they would be. I had to do a good amount of work around the corner lights on my D-Max fenders also but I was able to get them set pretty good. Definitely not feeling the drastic difference in gap in such at the hood line. Looks like Im gonna be sticking to the 40mm 50mm setup I have now. That is if I even have 50mm rears. If they turn out to be 30mm then Ill be swapping them out.

Hard to look past that good looking butt lol!!!!
Cameron
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #232
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
mmm... butt

anyways ill contribute
Duraflex G corp style fits like a glove. i was very impressed
Untitled by joshg51, on Flickr
Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #233
s13love-green
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
s13love-green is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Question

.... cool stuff

Last edited by s13love-green; 07-28-2017 at 10:36 PM..
s13love-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:13 AM   #234
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I need side skirts and rear valences for a JDM kouki bumper. OR if someone has a US passenger side URAS rear valence available, I am missing one lol. I have a GP sports G Sonic One front bumper and Stage 21 hood.

I am contemplating getting some navan rep side skirts from forcewerkz, and i'm at a loss about the rear valences...maybe I won't rock any for a bit. Anyways, any input on forcewerkz current quality, and are there any other not super aggressive side skirts/rear valences available that wont take forever to ship? I don't mind spending $ on quality. Haven't bought s-chassis aero in a while and i'm a bit out of the loop.

BTW it's knoop's old car

Old 08-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #235
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i am planning on getting URAS kouki rear valances into production within the next 6 months.... have a set of them sitting in my pile of "to do".

if you can wait on the skirts, i have Navan skirts hitting production very soon that will have a built in bracket so you can properly attach the sides below the door seam using double sided tape (no one else offers this). this tab will prevent them from moving and keep them properly affixed on the car (especially when your foot hits the skirt on the way in/out of the vehicle).

keep one thing in mind about the URAS valances, theyre a lot more aggressive than the OE valances and will probably sit lower than the Navan skirts.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #236
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OriginLab 2009/2015/2017

Bumpers fit OK. Skirts are either tad long or short. Overs usually require trimming to make them seem straight. Fenders are hit or miss. Spoilers tend to be a tad small and thus require a bit of patience when fitting. Never messed with their hoods. Even the fresh batch of their Type3 rear overs for s13 coupe. First run of them and they werent exactly straight and required minor trimming.
-Overall weight was good and it can take hits pretty damn well. Bounce back is nice too.
-Sometime wavy, sometimes decent...it will definitely need sanding.

ChargeSpeed 2009

-Only messed with their rear bumper but fitment was pretty damn good.
- Weight was respectable. Took some good hits and bounced back. Backed it into a foam barrier and was still in one piece...although I had to break it to carry it home since it wouldn't hold up to the drive.
-Decent finish. Not wavy, but still needed a bit of sanding

Rocket Bunny 2010/2013/2015

-Pre-Origin manufacture/distribution of V1 aero. S13/S14 fit like factory first time. No trimming no messing around. Fenders were also spot on.
-Post-Origin manufacture/distribution.....fits just like Origin.....it all just seems lazy. Will not buy any of the V1 kits again.
-V2 and Boss kit are back to spot on fitment first time. Thank you Greddy merge and distribution.
-Initially was worried about how lightweight the parts were. Could lift the rear bumper with a single finger. It takes a beating and bounces back ready for more. Still very impressed as I have been running this on my S13 for the past 6yrs and aside from a tire wall beating, have not needed to replace or repair a single panel...although its time now.
-Not wavy. Nice and pretty smooth. Minor sanding.

SpiritRei 2016
-Only fitted their s13 roof spoiler, but it was spot on. Lightweight. Clean and smooth.

Car Modify Wonder 2017

-Just finished installing the S13 coupe aero and front fenders and am just as impressed as I was installing two hatchback kits. One just bumpers and skirts and one with GT 50mm front and rear overs plus bunch of the canards, oh and the Lotus hood. Every last panel fit just like factory.
-It's the little things that make this kit stand out. Rivet nuts already installed on bumpers perfectly located of course. Most holes have been pre-drilled with small bits for lining everything up. Overs have dimples for the rivets and those dimples have centering points for a drill bit. Amazing.
-Weight is respectable. Seems well made, but won't know until after a couple events and bumps. This is what I'm currently switching over to from my V1 Rocket Bunny.
-Finish is beyond smooth. Doubtful minor if any sanding would be needed to ensure a clean paint finish.

On with the reps

AIT 2008

-Still one of the worst panels I've ever fitted to an s-chassis. Yes it could take a beating and the shape and look was good, but not worth the hassle.
-Weight....hefty.
-Finish was awful. Wavy as crap.

ChaserAero/AeroKits.net 2008
-Have only dealt with their hoods. Fit isn't perfect, decently light, fairly wavy, good skeleton. Folded one against a wall at 30 and it popped right back to shape. Drove it home on the highway that night. Have bought two. Only wish they were easier to deal with. Not even sure they are even around although the website is still up.

VIS Racing 2016

-Their Rocket Bunny V1 rep aero fits better than Origin but not by much. Not impressed, but its rep so w/e.
-Weight was up there. No comment as to the sturdiness or ability to take hits as it was not installed on my own car and its not drifted.
-Wavy wavy. Much sanding.

That's eveything I've ever touched or helped install or top to bottom installed.

Last edited by S13project; 08-08-2017 at 11:02 PM..
S13project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #237
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
AIT

-Still one of the worst panels I've ever fitted to an s-chassis. Yes it could take a beating and the shape and look was good, but not worth the hassle.
-Weight....hefty.
-Finish was awful. Wavy as crap.

Ima have to disagree with your AIT comment. I have a full kit from them including quarter panels and everything fit spot on with minimal hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 08-07-2017 at 09:16 AM..
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #238
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
Ima have to disagree with your AIT comment. I have a full kit from them including quarter panels and everything fit spot on with minimal hassle

Panels I had were back in 2007. Yours more recent? Hope so as that would show they are getting better, which is good news for everybody.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #239
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
Panels I had were back in 2007. Yours more recent? Hope so as that would show they are getting better, which is good news for everybody.

Yea I just got them last year ... I have to say the quality was really good and fitment was spot on.. just my experience

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #240
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i am planning on getting URAS kouki rear valances into production within the next 6 months.... have a set of them sitting in my pile of "to do".

if you can wait on the skirts, i have Navan skirts hitting production very soon that will have a built in bracket so you can properly attach the sides below the door seam using double sided tape (no one else offers this). this tab will prevent them from moving and keep them properly affixed on the car (especially when your foot hits the skirt on the way in/out of the vehicle).

keep one thing in mind about the URAS valances, theyre a lot more aggressive than the OE valances and will probably sit lower than the Navan skirts.
It'd mostly be a bandaid to get the Navan reps, wouldn't be permanent. Idk, maybe i'll just let it ride for now.