Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #361
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i got some solutions for you

1) get a big fucking barrel that can be filled with rain water. shit, you're in the east coast... just leave that fucker outside and it'll be filled the next day. keep it covered so that it doesnt get mosquitoed. bonus: its distilled water too!

2) get some spare 12v batteries, solar panels and an inverter. you can hook up the basics with this shit: lights, rotary dremel type tools, solder station... the basic bare essentials

3) if you're feeling fancy, get a small generator for when you need extra electrical juice (small welder?)

man if i was you, i wouldve thrown the towel in AGES ago. one of my friends is a tech at audi/vw in LA, i still hear his words when he says "i cant wrench on the ground like a monkey after working with the lift, air tools, etc"

also, dont you have any friends with shops? look at wayne, he's gixer jordan's nut-swinger... every shop needs a helper that occasionally uses the facilities.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #362
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice update obee... looks like the SC is finally making some progress.

Never thought i'd say this, but ixfxi is right, you gotta do something about your working circumstances dude... as we get older, our bodies don't take the beating as well.

I'm sure you're feeling it now
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #363
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Never thought i'd say this, but ixfxi is right, you gotta do something about your working circumstances dude... as we get older, our bodies don't take the beating as well.
thats because ive been there. at one time, i was stupid enough to live in Los Angeles, but not just in Los Angeles... a part of LA that is was over-crowded (as if its not all over-crowded). Anyway, at the time I thought I was fortunate enough to have a parking space (non covered but off street) AND a single car garage that was totally inadequate to park a normal sized vehicle inside of. Maybe a mini cooper or Smart car, but thats about it.. it was way too narrow. The garage did not have any water or electricity, and to make things worse it was facing the street so any and everyone could see what the fuck you are up to (or what special parts you have stashed away).

Over the years, I have learned various hard lessons:
1) If you want to enjoy your car hobby, you need space. You cannot do things on the street (Eric Castro style), let alone off-street. You need a covered work area that is protected from the elements. You need water, power, and various other essentials.

2) If you live in LA or any other metropolitan city, you're fucked. Space is at too high a premium, your neighbors are all non-car loving assholes (probably fake ass actors) and they wont enjoy the sound of you working on your car, revving a motor, etc. You're better off moving out of the city, even if its just a tiny bit. More space for your buck.

3) A car you work on cannot be used daily. You'de be an idiot to try to do that. And trust me, i tried.. I am guilty of being an idiot. Its gets old real quick when modifications just arent done right. Note, this gets increasingly difficult as you have a girlfriend, or later wife. When you're single who gives a fuck, you can put an engine in your bedroom and all your friends will think you're cool. Try that when you're married and you'll be divorced real quick.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #364
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i got some solutions for you

1) get a big fucking barrel that can be filled with rain water. shit, you're in the east coast... just leave that fucker outside and it'll be filled the next day. keep it covered so that it doesnt get mosquitoed. bonus: its distilled water too!

2) get some spare 12v batteries, solar panels and an inverter. you can hook up the basics with this shit: lights, rotary dremel type tools, solder station... the basic bare essentials

3) if you're feeling fancy, get a small generator for when you need extra electrical juice (small welder?)

man if i was you, i wouldve thrown the towel in AGES ago. one of my friends is a tech at audi/vw in LA, i still hear his words when he says "i cant wrench on the ground like a monkey after working with the lift, air tools, etc"

also, dont you have any friends with shops? look at wayne, he's gixer jordan's nut-swinger... every shop needs a helper that occasionally uses the facilities.

I looked into a generator, but two things stopped me. 1. Its in an apartment complex and the times I would be working would be late into the night. I wouldn't do that to my neighbors with all that noise. 2. The agreement I signed forbade any electricity being hooked up to the garage.

Really and truly I need to move. My lease is up in August and Im going to move to a place where I can really get some work done. These garages are so small that I have a corner of my living room stacked to the ceiling with tires, wheels, bumpers, GT wang, and new parts waiting to go onto this thing. Every time I bring a bird home she spends 30 min. asking me about that pile when all I want is some hugs.

As for a shop. I hate mooching. I can pay for my own shrimp. But even more than that. There are very few places you can trust. After 12 years of tinkering and dealing with shops I have learned one thing:

Do it yourself or don't do it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
nice update obee... looks like the SC is finally making some progress.

I'm sure you're feeling it now
It's kinda scary man. I'm only 28 but yeah I feel it. I swore after the RB swap I was never building a car again unless I had a lift and air tools. Here I am again. I just hate quitting.

Just pray for me dudes! I'm going to try and get it in this weekend. And this thing can't look East Coast Cruddy.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #365
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Good example of determination people...take notes

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #366
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #367
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
.......Try that when you're married and you'll be divorced real quick.
This ^

I've been married for 13 years now and let me tell you!! My wife does not like car parts in the house haha

Surprisingly, though, she DOES like my 240, so that's good.

Keep it up man, sooner or later you'll get into that happy place
Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #368
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I looked into a generator, but two things stopped me. 1. Its in an apartment complex and the times I would be working would be late into the night. I wouldn't do that to my neighbors with all that noise. 2. The agreement I signed forbade any electricity being hooked up to the garage.

Really and truly I need to move. My lease is up in August and Im going to move to a place where I can really get some work done. These garages are so small that I have a corner of my living room stacked to the ceiling with tires, wheels, bumpers, GT wang, and new parts waiting to go onto this thing. Every time I bring a bird home she spends 30 min. asking me about that pile when all I want is some hugs.

As for a shop. I hate mooching. I can pay for my own shrimp. But even more than that. There are very few places you can trust. After 12 years of tinkering and dealing with shops I have learned one thing:

Do it yourself or don't do it at all.

It's kinda scary man. I'm only 28 but yeah I feel it. I swore after the RB swap I was never building a car again unless I had a lift and air tools. Here I am again. I just hate quitting.

Just pray for me dudes! I'm going to try and get it in this weekend. And this thing can't look East Coast Cruddy.
all very inspirational and whatever but

Every time I bring a bird home she spends 30 min. asking me about that pile when all I want is some hugs.
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #369
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Your parts collection has hit 9000.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #370
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this thread is awesome and i look forward to hopefully seeing one of your SC's around this summer.
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #371
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Flip this 180 degrees for it to say Toyota.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #372
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 07:49 AM..
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #373
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Superman found some kryptonite amongst all the mould in there did he?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #374
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
this thread is like the east-coast version of wayne's (omikron) thread, its crazy
Except this one has more work getting accomplished, not just taking apart the wire harness for the 17th time

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #375
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

LOL I don't get the thread title.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #376
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^ werd... i was like wait hold up obee made a new thread 0_o

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #377
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
yeah i'm lost
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #378
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #379
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
OB.

That picture make me laugh.

Cars look rad.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #380
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #381
Darren
Zilvia Addict

I bet that felt good, bit of a milestone there
Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #382
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes please to ecbbbb!
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #383
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Working on a car on the street fucking sucks. I know there are like 5 issues with my car right now but nothing can make me get under there while it's still raining/cold out. Even on a hot sunny day I'm still very hesitant to go outside and get under that shit.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #384
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #385
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I don't get what this is?
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #386
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #387
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What up D. I haven't seen you in forever. Did everything get resolved with your car(s)?
Yeah, haven't been out in a bit. Cars got resolved-ish. Next time I see you, I'll have to tell you the rest.

Keep up the good work bro.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #388
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
too much street drifting thread will be closed?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #389
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
I have origin/vertex front fenders you should buy from me. I don't want them
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #390
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Man. I do want to do that but I know I would just destroy them. How much? My current fenders are pretty not great too.

How much do you want for them? They would look good with the vent and wing.