Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-03-2022, 12:12 AM   #1
S13..240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
S13..240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 ka24de Code 76 help

So I have a 95 s14 with a code 76 (fuel injection system), I have tried looking at forums but not very many with the same code. I previously had a knock sensor and mass air flow sensor code but i replaced both then had gotten the fuel injection system code that wasn't there before. so any tips on what i should look at first or try replacing to fix the code. thank you
S13..240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #2
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
We have a small question thread for this very reason.
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=792
Old 06-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #3
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This isn't a 'small question' IMO. Potentially difficult diagnosis.

Start with the factory service manual. DTC 76 is on page EC-157. Specifically this code means the AFR is too far out of wack for the lambda (oxygen sensor feedback) to compensate for. It unfortunately doesn't specify too lean or too rich. How does it run? Smooth or rough? Smell like gas?

FSM gives a summary of potential causes:

- Intake air leak
- Bad front oxygen sensor
- Bad injector
- Exhaust leak (at the manifold)
- Fuel pressure problem (weak pump, bad regulator)
- Low fuel
- Bad MAF
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #4
S13..240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
This isn't a 'small question' IMO. Potentially difficult diagnosis.

Start with the factory service manual. DTC 76 is on page EC-157. Specifically this code means the AFR is too far out of wack for the lambda (oxygen sensor feedback) to compensate for. It unfortunately doesn't specify too lean or too rich. How does it run? Smooth or rough? Smell like gas?

FSM gives a summary of potential causes:

- Intake air leak
- Bad front oxygen sensor
- Bad injector
- Exhaust leak (at the manifold)
- Fuel pressure problem (weak pump, bad regulator)
- Low fuel
- Bad MAF
The car runs fine, holds a good idle and everything only thing is it has the timing chain tick from the top guide but other than that no issue. not really much smell of gas. I do believe there is an exhaust leak but not sure if it would cause it to throw the code. but as stated i did replace the maf for a maf code i had gotten then i had gotten the fuel injection system code.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:12 AM   #5
S13..240sx

so messed around with the car today, i put about 3 gallons of fuel into it hoping that could be the cause since it was really low but nothing changed. the weird thing is, as the car was idling just sitting the check engine would go away then come back for a few minutes and then just repeat. i turned off the car after a few minutes to check if it was the same code 76 and it was. leading to believe it's an intake leak or bad o2 possibly but will order some parts to try and get rid of it. if anyone has any suggestions or comment feel free to say

also the car runs fine it holds an idle around 900-1k when i had moved it seemed fine didn't do anything weird but just the cel going away and coming back again