Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #8701
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS14 View Post
what does every one use to clean their steering wheels? i have a vertex wheel with white and yellow stitching. when i had my car towed to my tuner the driver grab it with his dirty gloves before i realized it :/
I use a carpet cleaner for Vertex stitching

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #8702
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Set the car on fire.... That should fix the dirt
whats wrong with wanting to keep my parts clean?
DanielS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #8703
GoodShow

Trader Rating: (0)
GoodShow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I apologize for the lack of high res photos as these are taken with the iphone and the lightening wasn't optimal, but I love this thread, and the interior is one of the favorite parts of my car.

Lots of little things have been done, not too much is original s14 anymore. I just got tired of the same combos that everyone uses for their interiors, didnt want ti to feel cheap or have the curtains match the bedsheets like some little kids power ranger themed bedroom.

e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g has been recovered. The carpet is a custom made setup that uses thick loop old school carpet, and all the panels have been recovered. Yes even the panel under the steering column, gauges are speedhut as done by the great Toby Broadfield, cage was designed for added structure and to help me get out of the seats ( before the build I thought these seats were unobtainium as they were discoed before this build, now they are available for special order) the interior work was done by Ramon and MArk at Frazier Auto Upholstery in Anaheim. All hand stitched, removed the airbags, and the dash has been recovered, the radio is a retro sound unit that you design yourself, the cigarette lighter now has usb and aux hook ups, and the radio functions exactly like they did in the old days, analog. Anyway, my interior would have looked like this even without the boss kit. I will post more photos when I get a friend with a dslr to shoot it.
GoodShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #8704
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I use a carpet cleaner for Vertex stitching
cool man ill pick some up and give it a go. i think I'm going to get rid of it for a 350mm wheel so i want to clean it up a bit before posting it.
DanielS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #8705
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodShow View Post
Lots of little things have been done, not too much is original s14 anymore. I just got tired of the same combos that everyone uses for their interiors, didnt want ti to feel cheap or have the curtains match the bedsheets like some little kids power ranger themed bedroom.
Do you have to wear a HANS device every time you drive the car?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #8706
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
I apologize for the lack of high res photos as these are taken with the iphone and the lightening wasn't optimal, but I love this thread, and the interior is one of the favorite parts of my car.
10/10 would bang. Wow. The attention to details seals this thing for me! Awesome.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:27 AM   #8707
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Do you have to wear a HANS device every time you drive the car?
I ask guys that drive muscle cars and cars older than 1972 all the time, even original owners of the cars, they always say who is Han?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #8708
jduke
Zilvia Member

jduke is an unknown quantity at this point
My 90 180
jduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #8709
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:43 AM   #8710
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

bought 1 side to see how it looks, shit looks and feels awesome, gonna try and
Get ahold of the driverside. Not bad for $35
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #8711
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan180sxer View Post
[img]https://i.imgsafe.org/d5ba055ae4.jpe

bought 1 side to see how it looks, shit looks and feels awesome, gonna try and
Get ahold of the driverside. Not bad for $35
How much after shipping and fees?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:17 AM   #8712
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I ask guys that drive muscle cars and cars older than 1972 all the time, even original owners of the cars, they always say who is Han?
Head and neck restraint

and I bet those older muscle cars don't have bling-y cages with an x bar right at head level behind the seat. The attention to detail is great and I like the 70s racing theme, but man, please do make it a little safer.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #8713
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
How much after shipping and fees?
$15+$20shipping=$35

I live in jland
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #8714
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Those are s15 seats?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #8715
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan180sxer View Post
$15+$20shipping=$35

I live in jland

Damn, i paid like $580 for my spec s pair....., kinda puts the JDM markup in perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:16 PM   #8716
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g has been recovered. The carpet is a custom made setup that uses thick loop old school carpet, and all the panels have been recovered. Yes even the panel under the steering column, gauges are speedhut as done by the great Toby Broadfield, cage was designed for added structure and to help me get out of the seats ( before the build I thought these seats were unobtainium as they were discoed before this build, now they are available for special order) the interior work was done by Ramon and MArk at Frazier Auto Upholstery in Anaheim. All hand stitched, removed the airbags, and the dash has been recovered, the radio is a retro sound unit that you design yourself, the cigarette lighter now has usb and aux hook ups, and the radio functions exactly like they did in the old days, analog. Anyway, my interior would have looked like this even without the boss kit. I will post more photos when I get a friend with a dslr to shoot it.
That is ridiculous! My favorite interior of all time. Could you please post more pics of your stitched dash? I have fucked mine up twice, and I'm clueless at this point how to do the sides that meet up with the door panels.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:46 AM   #8717
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Fuck 35$ s15 seats?
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #8718
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
I asked about authenticity of a bride brix in the small questions thread. If anybody would be able to check, I would be greatly appreciative.

Link: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=662
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #8719
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post
I asked about authenticity of a bride brix in the small questions thread. If anybody would be able to check, I would be greatly appreciative.

Link: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=662
I don't think there aren't any knock off versions of the Brix seats so you can be pretty confident that it's real. Most knockoffs are of the newer Bride seat models.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #8720
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 06-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #8721
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
I don't think there aren't any knock off versions of the Brix seats so you can be pretty confident that it's real. Most knockoffs are of the newer Bride seat models.
Thanks for the reply! To bad the owner didn't show the damage or said anything till I made the trip out there.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #8722
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can someone explain the difference between non-SRS and SRS steering wheel hubs? Im trying to pick up either a works or spalsh but the the differences in price are confusing the hell out of me.

And, what else needs to be done to make the hub a fully good replacement meaning no issues w/ turn cancel, horn or air bag lights. Ive looked into it but my confusion still stands
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #8723
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS14 View Post
what does every one use to clean their steering wheels? i have a vertex wheel with white and yellow stitching. when i had my car towed to my tuner the driver grab it with his dirty gloves before i realized it :/
I use the Tide stain remover pen. I daily drive with my wheel and I am TERRIBLE about working on the car and going for a test drive with greasy nasty hands.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #8724
rotbrap

rotbrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Can someone explain the difference between non-SRS and SRS steering wheel hubs? Im trying to pick up either a works or spalsh but the the differences in price are confusing the hell out of me.

And, what else needs to be done to make the hub a fully good replacement meaning no issues w/ turn cancel, horn or air bag lights. Ive looked into it but my confusion still stands

The non-SRS does not include a resistor for the air bag. Although I could not find an SRS hub being sold.

I just installed a splash hub with my momo wheel a couple weeks ago. You will have to make a tab that hits the wheel when you turn(for the horn). Also I had to run a new wire(ground for the horn) to a threaded hole in the hub because my momo horn retainer ring would not fit into the splash hub.

Alight the hub to the turn signal cancel and should be no issues.
rotbrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #8725
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
so far, my round 2 group buy seats have held up ok since i got them in 2009/10. they faded pretty bad and ripped along the bottom bolsters. not sure if i want to re-cover them or just get different style buckets off YAJ sometime.

another project i want to do is add front bolt in bars, door bars, and a couple more in the rear of the car to my bolt in roll bar.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #8726
GoodShow

GoodShow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
That is ridiculous! My favorite interior of all time. Could you please post more pics of your stitched dash? I have fucked mine up twice, and I'm clueless at this point how to do the sides that meet up with the door panels.
Sure when I get a better camera around me. I realize to a lot of people it looks super unsafe, but someone who is 6/4 to 6/5 in height doesn't really have a lot of options for seats with head rest that actually work all that great anyway. I am working on a head rest unit for the rear cross bar, and the bars do not come anywhere near my head. I mean, maybe if my ass jumped out of the seat and went backwards I would hit the cross bar. But this is why I opted for a half cage.

Also, car isn't driving much as I am waiting for the production Tomei Ka24de cams to come in , so currently the car isn't mobile. But that is the price you pay when working with manufacturers to bring new parts to the market.

So in the down time I am making additions, as well as changing a couple things up.
GoodShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #8727
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
so far, my round 2 group buy seats have held up ok since i got them in 2009/10. they faded pretty bad and ripped along the bottom bolsters. not sure if i want to re-cover them or just get different style buckets off YAJ sometime.

I like the Arizona Tea floor mats haha

much want
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #8728
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #8729
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #8730
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
I found some chrome door handles (Infiniti J30 and certain fourth gen Maxima models) at a yard. Installed but then discovered the S14 black plastic trim piece won't fit correctly around it. Now it's back to the yard to grab the trim pieces or I'll need to modify the S14 trim to fit. Sigh, it never ends.

dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote