Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #1741
Dabie305
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Dabie305 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
I BOW DOWN TO YOU SIR!!!! and in my town too!!
thank you sir. yeah you know me you worked with my bro in law glen! lol
Dabie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #1742
GtoRx7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
GtoRx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Oh cool. No harm meant. Thanks for the clarification... What coilovers let you fit 17x9+30's, if you don't mind?
These coilovers will, thought you would know that.hahah

Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #1743
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^I meant up front. Obviously 17x9+30 isn't hard to fit in the back...

And wtf happened to that thing?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #1744
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ it got megan'ed.
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #1745
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Megan Racing makes an optional 25mm extended front lower bracket that allows for really high offset wheels.

longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #1746
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
I has those, however last time i tried I couldnt get the old brackets off for the life of me, damn things are seized. any good tricks to removing them?
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #1747
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #1748
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
I has those, however last time i tried I couldnt get the old brackets off for the life of me, damn things are seized. any good tricks to removing them?
BFH and a clamp or vise of some sort.

Or

Leave the upper mount bolted in place and loosely bolted to the upright then tap on the bracket with a hammer a couple of times and it should knock it loose.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #1749
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
Megan Racing makes an optional 25mm extended front lower bracket that allows for really high offset wheels.
I've been eyeing those for a long time now. Longfellow, I'm hoping to use those with Megan Streets to mount 17x10+20 up front with 245/40 (or wider). Can you (or anyone else) give me an idea of what kind of fight I'm in for? Like, is there gonna be alot of inner fender rubbing, weird suspension geometry due to the extra 25mm brackets or other stuff to consider? S13, btw...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #1750
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
BFH and a clamp or vise of some sort.

Or

Leave the upper mount bolted in place and loosely bolted to the upright then tap on the bracket with a hammer a couple of times and it should knock it loose.
I'm having the same problem as Greddy2 but I'm just trying to lower the front not take off the bracket. I can get my height collar to move (last collar) but when I go to move the very top collar the damn coilover/shock doesn't move at all. I soaked it with PB blaster and then use a hammer to tap the spanner wrench but it doesn't move! Dammit.

Any thoughts guys?
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #1751
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I've been eyeing those for a long time now. Longfellow, I'm hoping to use those with Megan Streets to mount 17x10+20 up front with 245/40 (or wider). Can you (or anyone else) give me an idea of what kind of fight I'm in for? Like, is there gonna be alot of inner fender rubbing, weird suspension geometry due to the extra 25mm brackets or other stuff to consider? S13, btw...
You're going to rub pretty much everywhere. Firewall, inner fender, fender edge. Your alignment, tire size and ride height will determine how much. So just expect to do some serious bashing with a hammer. Also move your fender harness if you haven't already.

AFAIK the 25mm brackets dont affect suspension geometry since its not changing any of the inboard pick up points. The shock is still going to move up and down in the same manner as before. It might actually help the shock more because most mchperson strut cars place the shock at almost vertical angle instead of leaned over like it is on the 240.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #1752
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Also everyone with seized lower brackets, tap on the bracket in multiple places 10-20 times (especially around the upper edge since thats where the threads are) and it should be enough to loose it up. You dont have to bash it, but give it some solid knocks. Like you would to a jar with the lid stuck.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #1753
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
You're going to rub pretty much everywhere. Firewall, inner fender, fender edge. Your alignment, tire size and ride height will determine how much. So just expect to do some serious bashing with a hammer. Also move your fender harness if you haven't already.

AFAIK the 25mm brackets dont affect suspension geometry since its not changing any of the inboard pick up points. The shock is still going to move up and down in the same manner as before. It might actually help the shock more because most mchperson strut cars place the shock at almost vertical angle instead of leaned over like it is on the 240.
Ahhh... thanks alot. Very helpful. I'm aiming for about -2.5 camber in the front. So pretty much, just rip out the fender lining, grab a BFH and bash the hell out of any spots that rub. And the amount of rubbing would be determined by how low I'm trying to go. This seems to be about what I was expecting. I was just scared something unknown to me was gonna make it impossible.

Of course rolling fenders would be obvious, but instead of doing a pull... I'm curious as to what you guys think about spaced fenders on a street car... I got the idea from the Scorch Racing S15. Makes perfect sense to me for guys who hate vented, fiberglass fenders and who hate spending money... lol

Last edited by simmode1; 01-26-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #1754
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Better idea is to buy two OEM fenders, section them out and weld them on top creating an OEM metal wide front fender. I started working on it when I had the red S14 but ended up going back to a smaller tire so I didnt need to do it any longer.

17x9 +15 255-40 NT05 -2.5 camber 7.9* of caster

This is stock fenders

Its just tapped in place in the pictures, but you get the idea. It would give you roughly 20-25mm of extra room depending on how you fit them. You can "bend" the arch slightly to make them swell out a little more if you want.

Might end up doing this to my S13 if I can find cheap silvia fenders.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #1755
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Hey will 17x9f + 20 wheels require a fender pull on an s14, with no coilovers?

Last edited by madd ocx; 01-26-2011 at 08:17 PM..
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #1756
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

HouseElf is an unknown quantity at this point
just mounted these yesterday (rear only), the rims are 18x10.5 +35 with a 10mm (or 15mm) spacer. the tires are 265/40/18 mickey thomson street 2 radials. havent been able to drive on them yet but they have plenty of room, or so it seems lol. oh and i think the camber is about -.5

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #1757
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by madd ocx View Post
Hey will 17x9f + 20 wheels require a fender pull on an s14, with no coilovers?
Not a pull. Maybe a fender roll depending on how low you are.
If your not low, you really shouldnt need any fender work.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #1758
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Ok thanks for the info, I'm not that low anyway. My streets are not very nice here in nyc, lol..
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #1759
one_nissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
one_nissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Sup people, I'm trying to run on my s14 stock body with rolled fenders and pulled for intended agressive wheel sizings. 18x10 and 18x11 all 0 offset. I know I'm gonna have to probably stretch my tires but I don't want to run 225/35-40 for my fronts nor do I wanna run some silly stretched 245/35-40 tires. I have nothing against stretched tires, by all means I've done before, but this is the maximum tire rubber fitment thread and I need evryones thoughts and experience. I wanna run 255/35 fronts and 285/35 rears. What's do everyone think, do you guys think it will work. Thanks guys , Mike
one_nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #1760
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
Not on wheels with the offsets you specified.
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #1761
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Don't think those offsets will work with stock sheet metal. Probably need overfenders.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #1762
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_nissan View Post
Sup people, I'm trying to run on my s14 stock body with rolled fenders and pulled for intended agressive wheel sizings. 18x10 and 18x11 all 0 offset. I know I'm gonna have to probably stretch my tires but I don't want to run 225/35-40 for my fronts nor do I wanna run some silly stretched 245/35-40 tires. I have nothing against stretched tires, by all means I've done before, but this is the maximum tire rubber fitment thread and I need evryones thoughts and experience. I wanna run 255/35 fronts and 285/35 rears. What's do everyone think, do you guys think it will work. Thanks guys , Mike
Here is a 10.5+0 on my car with 285's

Just gonna have to man up and pull. I coulda gone wider if i wanted too. Lots of heat, a hammer and balls to ruin brand new paint.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #1763
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
9.5 -8 with a spacer to clear brakes and 245's just a roll and camber

Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #1764
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
9.5 -8 with a spacer to clear brakes and 245's just a roll and camber

i like your pink brakes
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #1765
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badicalradical View Post
i like your pink brakes
They are actually red with a sparkly clear coat

Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #1766
reed1285
Zilvia Member

reed1285 is an unknown quantity at this point
i ordered my wheels finally from sonic motoring...im gonna be running a 9.5 rear and 8.5 fronts.....what width tire will give me a small stretch? im not real low (running eibach sportlines with kyb struts) so i dont need a big stretch....i was thinking 245 on the 9.5's and 235 on the 8.5's?
reed1285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #1767
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1285 View Post
i ordered my wheels finally from sonic motoring...im gonna be running a 9.5 rear and 8.5 fronts.....what width tire will give me a small stretch? im not real low (running eibach sportlines with kyb struts) so i dont need a big stretch....i was thinking 245 on the 9.5's and 235 on the 8.5's?

"8.5"

&

stretch"

I hereby banish you from the MAXIMUM tire thread.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #1768
reed1285
Zilvia Member

reed1285 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
"8.5"

&

stretch"

I hereby banish you from the MAXIMUM tire thread.
Ok so I guess that was your way of saying no need to on the fronts...thanks for the input
reed1285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #1769
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
He means using the word "stretch" in the Maximum tire thread according to him bans you from it. Because there is no such thing as a stretched maximum tire lol. Unless you refer to the widest tire made (345/30?) having slight stretch on viper wheels.
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #1770
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Look, I've said it a million and ones time in this 60 page thread.

Step 1: go to the tire manufacturers web site
Step 2: find the reccomended wheel widths of the tire you want to run under "specs"
Step 3: If you actually belong posting in this thread, you'll choose the widest possible tire that is safe to run on whatever wheels you happen to have/are able to afford that day.

Here's the spec sheet for the Kumho XS, my favorite street tire for the time being.

Kumho Ecsta XS

According to it you can safely run a 255/40/17 (I presume you're running 17s cuz you never bothered to mention). You can also safely "stretch" (such an ugly word) a 225/45/17. Now if you want to hop on over to club roadster, or vortec (where I think you belong) I'm sure you'll find lots of happy kids stretching 185s from pep boys on all kinds of sweet 8.5" wide rimz, and telling you it'll be fine.

The 335/35/17 XS (according to the same chart) would be "stretched" but still safe on a 13" wide wheel.

Ironically I wouldn't have suggested your banishment had you asked about stretching that a tire on a 13" wide wheel. But you want to stretch a tire on a 8.5" wheel. My girlfriends jetta has wider wheels.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote