Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #151
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
Looking at this build would make me NOT want a gtr body. Everything flows so well.
Thanks!. I think the sides and the rear valance both flow well with the body lines on the car. the only thing I dont like is that in profile, the lip hangs so much lower than the skirts. However with the 18's it makes the car look lower than it actually is.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #152
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Really enjoyed this thread so far. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #153
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

I'm disappointed I was unaware of this photo. It's cool, text it to me when you see this. Sincerely, a secret lover.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #154
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
That S15 is so right.
Thanks Oth!
Old 05-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #155
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
This past weekend I installed some swaybar endlinks to replace the old broken ones. Moog S chassis endlinks are Beefy. I replaced the rubber bushings with the ones I had lying around from the energy suspension kit.

After that I got around getting the alignment to the point where I can drive the car without completely destroying the tires.

When I was working on the front I made sure both coilovers and adjustable arms were the same length. Still the car sat all funny. So I took the coilovers out and determined that whomever had to coilovers before me and had one "replaced" on of the R32 ones with one from an S Chassis and switched the top hats.

The result is one upper control arm has to be .5" longer and one coilover has to be 1.00 longer for the car to sit the same on both sides. Awesome.

despite all that, I got the car together and took it for a little nervous drive around the block. No issues aside from a low idle some belt squeal and a little rubbing from the pads on the rotors.

Please excuse the front ride height for the above mentioned reasons.

With all these little issues, I didnt feel comfortable driving it to a pals bbq. Martino look me with him in the S15. I was pretty bummed I couldn't drive there but I had a great day of BBQ's and cruising around.

-Jordie
Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #156
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

The nice weather is coming quick. Not too much to update as I have been super busy getting everything ready for the wedding on July 30th (which I will be driving to)

Had some friends by this weekend to knock some things off the list. We were all set to go the alignment and get the suspension all set up. Rolled the fenders to fit the wheels. We needed to add a bit of camber to get everything to fit perfect but Maxed out, the ISIS RUCAS only gave us 1 degree of adjustment. Awesome. Maybe I was sold S14 ones by accident or they are just really poorly designed.

I also added a cross bar to my cage for obvious reasons.

I know there were dreams of a rear seat delete but after driving around without an interior I realized I cannot deal with the noise. Maybe further down the line I will work on something but for now the seats provide the noise insulation I need.

The list is getting real short now, just a few things needed

-New RUCAS which actually allow for adjustment.
-Set Timing on the motor
-Before setting the timing, install aerocatch latches as my hood release cable broke.
-Install new highflow cat and get it Etested

I love how the car looks now. The full interior really makes the car feel complete

Some fine tuning of the suspension and it will be perfect

Till next time

-Jordie
Old 06-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #157
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Looks awesome. Height/stance and front lip bring it together for me.

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #158
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Are you catless right now? Because of the Grey Market (80's reference numbers) you might just pass as is.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #159
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Are you catless right now? Because of the Grey Market (80's reference numbers) you might just pass as is.
Although he could pass, but is it worth that 300$ ticket though?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #160
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Although he could pass, but is it worth that 300$ ticket though?
...True...

I was just asking since he could still get the e-test completed, and then sort out the cat (get the car on the road sooner).

Old 06-24-2016, 07:35 AM   #161
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I have registered it as greymarket with driveclean. I do have a cat but to not have the stock cat overheat sensor anymore and a couple of the studs need to be cut and drilled out. Not a big deal, just a pain I dont want to deal with.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:13 AM   #162
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Fixed a bunch of little things on the weekend.

-Replaced old Chinese front upper control arms with some Nismo ones I scooped from an importer.
-Bled coolant
-replaced valvecover gaskets
-adjusted the clutch

Drove around the block (a few times) to make sure everything was good. No awkward noises or clunking so it was Etest time.

Despite the super low idle, it passed with flying colours.

Sorry for the crappy photos. I just needed to prove to everyone its out and about and not on a trailer haha

Plates today!

-Jordie
Old 06-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #163
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Awesome news cool guy! I bet you're over the moon!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #164
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Awesome news cool guy! I bet you're over the moon!
Dude you have no Idea. Im just driving around with a big idiot grin on my face.

First couple of drives were a great success. The car definitely needs an alignment. I had a bit of vibration on my quick highway pull but I believe the cause of that are the tires fighting each other.

Quick run up to the unit under its own power for the first time since 2011

Reunited together on the road at last.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #165
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Little update

I drove the car to work for the first time on Monday. It felt awesome to be behind the wheel again after so long.

So i have just been working out all the small issues as they come up. Remember that vibration at highway speeds? I found the culprit, Luckily when pulling out of the unit.

I have never seen anything like this before. Back to stock Z32 rotors and upgraded pads for me. Im super lucky this didn't fail at highway speeds.

I got an alignment and the car drives beautiful now. The Zestinos are super sticky and the car corners awesome.

However I have an issue which I have read is common on S and R chassis cars. The issue being my passenger side wheel protrudes about 3/4" further than the driver side

Drivers Side (RHD)

Passengers Side

Nothing is bent, cracked or broken and The car drives amazing. My bet is that the alignment is square suspension wise but the body is not square to the alignment (if that makes sense) I have booked in with the alignment shop for Friday to see if we can figure it out.

The last issue I have is breakup at 4000RPM. it feels like the car hits a wall. Im going to check the coils, MAFS and plugs. Im sure the gas that has been sitting in the tank for 6+ months isnt helping at all either.

All small issues which will get sorted out soon enough.

90s Vibes all round

-Jordie
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #166
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yore cru tha bst cru.
flxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

-Jordie
Old 07-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #167
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

What a busy week last week.

Did some measuring and head scratching and realized that the rear quarter was pulled out slightly more on one side than the other causing my one wheel to poke more than the other. I pulled the fender a bit and now the rear fits great.

As for the misfire / hesitation @4K we tried everything. MAFS, Coils, Plugs, grounds, exhaust and everything in between. After 2 nights of scrambling, We then turned our attention to the fuel system and the culprit ended out being the inline -6an fuel filter.

Car runs great now.

Squad.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #168
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Next time don't buy Honda parts so I don't have to spend a week diagnosing every part of your car. K thnx
Old 07-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #169
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Next time don't buy Honda parts so I don't have to spend a week diagnosing every part of your car. K thnx
Thats what family is for
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #170
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Thats what family is for
Oh you have no idea lol. Wait until he posts why I was stressing out about him finishing his car last week.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #171
Cortius017
Leaky Injector

Cortius017 is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the best build threads I've ever read. Something is so refreshing abou this build its awesome. Keep it up its looks amazing!
Cortius017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #172
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
Love seeing this car. 90's fashion, eurobeat, and some open roads, Id be happy as all get out.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #173
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Oh you have no idea lol. Wait until he posts why I was stressing out about him finishing his car last week.
Yea about that. A local publication had contacted Martino to do a mini video / writeup about 90's japanese cars and needed my car and his for the shoot this past sunday. Fair enough. Sunday morning came and we met at 8 am and set off.

We cruised around to "kill time" as the people we were meeting were behind schedule. No bother we grabbed a good breakfast and hit the road. It was roughly 200km to the track

I was a little worried as it was the furthest i had driven the car since it was put back together. I kept falling off the Martinos bumper as I dont have a 6spd . got a text saying we needed to speed up and get there so it was hammer down.

Got to the track turned the corner and ....... SURPRISE...

(sorry for the video screenshot)

Thats right. There was no photoshoot, no "documentary" instead it was a surprise Stag & Doe / Bachelor skidpad party all rolled into one which. Martino , Fiancee and Friend Tim had been planning for months.

I had no Idea.

Everyone was there. It all made sense now, all the posts looking for tires, race gas and how everyone was at the shop rushing and stressing to get everyones car back together. Not one person slipped up and mentioned it which was amazing.

We had a great turnout of about 20 cars (each car was a single colour and included all body panels ) and 50+ people family friends and their friends and 1 doggo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As Martino and I were "killing time" it was really to give everyone a head start and drive down to the track. Thats right drive. 90% of the cars were street driven to the track

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Let the fun begin.

Not to be left out or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Yore cru tha bst cru.
Yea they damn sure are. Thanks for the Awesome day everyone
Old 07-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #174
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

I enjoyed lieing to you and making up obscene excuses for the past 3 months.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #175
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Is that rotor shattered?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #176
chank
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
chank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats badass, you have some amazing people in your life!
chank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #177
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Is that rotor shattered?
Almost. The top hat portion is pushed out so much that the rotor is touching the caliper bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chank View Post
thats badass, you have some amazing people in your life!
It was amazing. we plan on doing more skidpad days now as they are so chill. You use less tires, gas and dont have to worry about all the $300 missile cars.

Just a couple more shots from the event

Been super busy getting stuff ready for the wedding which is two weeks away now. Lots of the little issues have been worked out. but I do need to address some things.

Ive been driving the car around a bit the past couple weeks. I need to do some heat management around the hot side of the motor. i've ordered some sleeve to better protect the wiring and catch can lines.

I also plan on making a heat shield for the top of the manifold. The cast manifold that is on the motor right now has had the heat shield mounting holes "shaved" so I cant use the factory mounting locations.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:44 AM   #178
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, that is amazing. You have the best friends and family, that is so awesome haha. Car looks great man!
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #179
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm jealous man. Those are the type of people everyone should have in their lives.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #180
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome that your friends and family did that for you. This thread makes me desperately want an r32 gtr again. Id put it off for a while seeing as they had just become legal stateside just over a year ago. But now thanks to this awesome build thread i may have to revisit that idea.