Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
MiamiZ33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MiamiZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
I'd go with a flywheel from sitemap toyotav8 toyota lexus manual transmission adaptors toyotav8 dude is super cool and doesn't bullshit you like Brett Collins. You can run whatever sr or ka clutch disk you want, and whatever 3sgte pressure plate you want with their flywheel. Brett just wants to sell you as much crap as possible, but not give you info on how to replace it in the future. He acts like it's custom, but it's not... oh yeah, and mounts are the same between the 13 and 14 chassis. I can sell you legit mounts that aren't out of square if you're interested.
One thing I think it odd, is NOBODY sells headers with their kits. Granted, I understand it's a tight fit, etc etc, but after spending a bunch of money on a mount kit, you still have to fab your own headers? I mean, if the LS guys can get sexy headers to fit, why can't the 1UZ guys get a long-tube header to fit cleanly and elegantly? Is it a size/space thing? Is the LS engine that much narrower than a 1uz? Is it because 1UZ's are poorman's V8 swaps?
MiamiZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
zenkiset
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
zenkiset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
I'd go with a flywheel from sitemap toyotav8 toyota lexus manual transmission adaptors toyotav8 dude is super cool and doesn't bullshit you like Brett Collins. You can run whatever sr or ka clutch disk you want, and whatever 3sgte pressure plate you want with their flywheel. Brett just wants to sell you as much crap as possible, but not give you info on how to replace it in the future. He acts like it's custom, but it's not... oh yeah, and mounts are the same between the 13 and 14 chassis. I can sell you legit mounts that aren't out of square if you're interested.
so is this the flywheel you are recommending? Modified 3SGTE Flywheel

and pm me with info on the mounts please. brand, etc., and your price shipped to 42501.
zenkiset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiZ33 View Post
One thing I think it odd, is NOBODY sells headers with their kits. Granted, I understand it's a tight fit, etc etc, but after spending a bunch of money on a mount kit, you still have to fab your own headers? I mean, if the LS guys can get sexy headers to fit, why can't the 1UZ guys get a long-tube header to fit cleanly and elegantly? Is it a size/space thing? Is the LS engine that much narrower than a 1uz? Is it because 1UZ's are poorman's V8 swaps?

Im going to utilize a modified steering shaft from the concept8 5.0sbf swap kit in order to use the stock or 2uz headers. Will report back. . In 3 months.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
MiamiZ33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MiamiZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Im going to utilize a modified steering shaft from the concept8 5.0sbf swap kit in order to use the stock or 2uz headers. Will report back. . In 3 months.
Tell me more... I can't seem to find any info online about Concept-8 steering shafts..
MiamiZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
zenkiset
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
zenkiset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^ same here. any other supporting proof that this will work? any links to where one can be obtained?
zenkiset is offline   Reply With Quote