Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #601
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry but I'm going to have to argue with you on that one.

IMO this was their best intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e701QHyCr0o
Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #602
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After watching the rain gameplay, I must say the attention to detail is very impressive.

YouTube - GT5 Eiger Nordwand rain gameplay
Old 11-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #603
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
GT1 intro still has a soft spot in my heart
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #604
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anyone getting the collectors edition ?
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #605
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Good thing I just repaired my PS3....definitely gonna cop this with Black Ops.
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #606
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I hate the fact that they stated that it will be released sometime before Christmas, and then leave us hanging!?!?!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #607
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
I'm predicting Nov. 30th!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #608
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
1/1/11 is my prediction
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #609
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I hate the fact that they stated that it will be released sometime before Christmas, and then leave us hanging!?!?!
Me too. I'm a very plan heavy individual and this pisses me off.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #610
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
rumor to release this month..
Gran Turismo 5 – Release Closing In » VirtualR – Sim Racing News
They should drop it in time for xmas, than they can release a GT ps3 package

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IXAWhC1-Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJfZDe0B8g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaT-Ij8ajVg

would be nice if they allowed custom skinning
Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #611
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
God why did you have to post those videos?!?!?!?! Why did I have to look?!?!?!?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #612
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Damn bastard just had to skip over half of the available Nissan vehicles :|
Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #613
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Forza 2 and 3 are good games, but the quality and level of detail just in the menus is simply amazing.

I remembered something today about what I love so much about the GT series vs Forza.

I love starting our with little to no money and buying a cheap car. And it being a challenge to win money and races, and saving up to buy a better car. You then get a car that you love and want to stick with it for as many series as it can enter. Then you get to a point where you have to start using other cars and you are kinda bummed because you love that car you just put a ton of miles on.

And also winning race series and being completely surprised at what car you were going to win. The silouette shows up, slowly spinning, the music is playing, and then the lights turn on and you are like "YES! I totally wanted that car!". In Forza 3 all the cars were viewable from the word go so there were no surprises.

Also the music in GT games has always been top notch. Anytime I hear "Are you gonna go my way" and a dozen other songs all I can think about is buying tires, adjusting my suspension, and buying parts.

God I love GT.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #614
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Can't wait to race with you guys online in my s-chassis!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #615
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Forza 2 and 3 are good games, but the quality and level of detail just in the menus is simply amazing.

I remembered something today about what I love so much about the GT series vs Forza.

I love starting our with little to no money and buying a cheap car. And it being a challenge to win money and races, and saving up to buy a better car. You then get a car that you love and want to stick with it for as many series as it can enter. Then you get to a point where you have to start using other cars and you are kinda bummed because you love that car you just put a ton of miles on.

And also winning race series and being completely surprised at what car you were going to win. The silouette shows up, slowly spinning, the music is playing, and then the lights turn on and you are like "YES! I totally wanted that car!". In Forza 3 all the cars were viewable from the word go so there were no surprises.

Also the music in GT games has always been top notch. Anytime I hear "Are you gonna go my way" and a dozen other songs all I can think about is buying tires, adjusting my suspension, and buying parts.

God I love GT.
Oh i agree. I like the menu jazzy music, Makes this game soo classy. Yeah with the older gt games, I liked to keep racing just to collect cars. I like how the used car lot always has different cars.

What would be cool would be if the used cars had various random tune parts on them, that would be cool.

GT1 was the only one i played to death though, gt3 was cool, had great tire physics *for driving etc*, GT4 got repetitive for me. Guess i wasnt a fan of doing all those small euro economy car races.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #616
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
watching those videos made me more sad....

WHEN CAN WE HAVE IT !!!!!????
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #617
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Did you guys also notice they brought back the "Racing Modification" from the GT2 game? That was one of the coolest features, I loved seeing something bland turned into a full race car.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #618
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

God I love GT.
Well stated! I totally agree! The funny thing about your post was that I've had the very same experiences (as I'm sure other members here) with the GT series.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #619
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so realease is nov 24 th

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date is November 24 | TheHDRoom

edit : does anyone know about another steering wheel that has a clutch other than g25/27?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #620
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Fuck yes! My day is made!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #621
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Mmmmm, so ridiculously soon. I can almost taste it.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #622
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
so realease is nov 24 th

edit : does anyone know about another steering wheel that has a clutch other than g25/27?
Christmas is comin' early!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #623
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The official list of cars and tracks.

The Cars, Tracks of Gran Turismo 5

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #624
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
dated so conveniently on a 4 day weekend. YES. let me see some PSN names please. exitspeed and HyperTek, especially you guys since both of you seem to show a legitimate passion for the series as i do haha.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #625
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Thank god!

I'm already feeling better (I'm home sick)...
Old 11-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #626
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
oooh pre-order time
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #627
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
so realease is nov 24 th

Fanatec Porsche wheels, suppose to be the bomb works on ps3 pc and xbox360
FANATEC

Complete car list
http://www.virtualr.net/downloads/GT5_CarList.pdf
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #628
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Just in time for my birthday!!!! (26th). Time to buy PS3.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #629
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i just cried a little bit
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #630
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
dated so conveniently on a 4 day weekend. YES. let me see some PSN names please. exitspeed and HyperTek, especially you guys since both of you seem to show a legitimate passion for the series as i do haha.
As soon as I get my PS3 and get it set up. No one better have picked Exitspeed or I'ma be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Thank god!

I'm already feeling better (I'm home sick)...
This is a video of me this morning when I found out.