Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
realsr20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
realsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 sr20 OR s14 sr20

hey was up ! just wondering what opinion do you guys have over getting these engines into an s13?

s13 blacktop 3300

s14 blactop 4000

i know the differences between them so dont bag me just wondering what you guys thing i should go for.

thanks.....
realsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
ls1, close thread, delete account.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
realsr20
Leaky Injector

smh

not a track car but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
the last part is brilliant!
dongoesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
realsr20
Leaky Injector

zilvia.net sucks!

this web site sucks asss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongoesby View Post
the last part is brilliant!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
doesn't this thread go into the stupid questions ?

get what ever motor you want. then a wiring specalties harness to wire it in.
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
MacGyver9301
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MacGyver9301 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
choose whichever you want, less cost effective but you get cash back and can invest in new turbo for it, im gonna be doing a s13 redtop swap after i sell my s13 hatch
MacGyver9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
realsr20
Leaky Injector

big zee thanks.

macgyver. yeah i would go for redtop but first your would have to get cams into before upgrading turbo in my opinion... this is only my second build but first sr20 engine. have you had an sr20 b4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver9301 View Post
choose whichever you want, less cost effective but you get cash back and can invest in new turbo for it, im gonna be doing a s13 redtop swap after i sell my s13 hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post

Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
realsr20
Leaky Injector

big zee. honestly writing question on other threads like "stupid question thread" is a waste of my time. i tried writing questions on specific threads never get an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post

Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Honestly its people like you that make Zilvia suck asss as you wrote and your a waste of our time when this topic has been covered multiple times but are too lazy to actually look it up. You may have wrote a question and not got an answer sure, but if you really wanted the answer you would have kept asking in the same proper thread. Sometimes your question gets over looked easily just cause so many people have questions just like you so since your post and the next time you got on, theres already 3 new pages of questions and not everyone goes back to read. So before your so quick to judge on people not wanting to silver spoon feed you then do the research your self cause its your opinion on what goes in your car not ours. Your not here to impress us your here to build your car to your liking and ask advice in the proper channeling if you need help. If you know the differences between em you don't need our help, if you still do need our help why do you care what we think so much about what goes into your car? You want to impress, then do something thats not common and make a proper build thread. Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Zilvia if you do stay, if not go to NICO.... hope i don't get banned for saying the n word...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
lots of guys run bigger turbo's on oem cams.

I have a redtop, s15 turbo, and 264 cams to go in once I get some head studs, valve guides, and cam gears

the small questions thread is there exactly for this reason. you can ask it, it will be answered. in reality you shouldn't be asking this, you should just decide it. personally I would go with a S14 sr for the VTC, they produce more TQ also. but they cost more to buy and aftermarket is a bit more expensive.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

and realsr20, there has to be a local 240 forum you can join or are on that you can build to impress. And to ask such question's
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
realsr20
Leaky Injector

I feel the zilvia pride lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
Honestly its people like you that make Zilvia suck asss as you wrote and your a waste of our time when this topic has been covered multiple times but are too lazy to actually look it up. You may have wrote a question and not got an answer sure, but if you really wanted the answer you would have kept asking in the same proper thread. Sometimes your question gets over looked easily just cause so many people have questions just like you so since your post and the next time you got on, theres already 3 new pages of questions and not everyone goes back to read. So before your so quick to judge on people not wanting to silver spoon feed you then do the research your self cause its your opinion on what goes in your car not ours. Your not here to impress us your here to build your car to your liking and ask advice in the proper channeling if you need help. If you know the differences between em you don't need our help, if you still do need our help why do you care what we think so much about what goes into your car? You want to impress, then do something thats not common and make a proper build thread. Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Zilvia if you do stay, if not go to NICO.... hope i don't get banned for saying the n word...
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #14
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S14r has vct which improve powerband by 1k rpm. t28. better vc design.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
bova17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bova17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i like the s14 sr cause of the slant on the vc
bova17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Crondy is an unknown quantity at this point
i got an s14 sr cause i got a baller deal. zilvia's full of hate nothing to do here but read through all of it and skim through the bs. i am also interested in the pros and cons of buying an s13 over s14, there will always be the guy that wants the s13 and i want to hear what he has to say. if i can make more power right now in the long run with aftermarket parts on the s13 as opposed to the s14 for cheaper then why wouldn't i want to know that? i dont see any threads that specifically say things like this so these questions will keep coming up. STFU ZILVIA, IGNORE HIS IGNORANCE IF YOU DONT FUGGIN LIKE IT!
Crondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #17
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
ls1, delete account.
sr20detistheghey
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #18
two40guy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
two40guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
S14 has better flowing intake, and fancy cam timing. And t28. Did I like mine in my s13 absolutely, but it was built sr22det ftw. S14 is really only better if you plan on not doing anything since it comes stock with like 15 more HP. But at the end of the day your decision I loved mine fucking ripped. I now have a stock rb20 and dislike it. Would do anything to trade this car for my old one back
two40guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crondy View Post
i got an s14 sr cause i got a baller deal. zilvia's full of hate nothing to do here but read through all of it and skim through the bs.
Then go back to nicoclub shitbird...

Quote:
I am also interested in the pros and cons of buying an s13 over s14, there will always be the guy that wants the s13 and i want to hear what he has to say.
There is no pros or cons of picking one over the other, at the end of the day it's not a new crate motor, you don't know it's history, just because it came off of a boat and can start doesn't mean it will last or build decently once you put some power on it.

At the end of the day half of the stupid import tuner ricers like yourself who think the experienced people are haters don't even put enough money into a project before you realize you'll spend 10 years at fucking dairy queen flipping hamburgers and making milkshakes before you make any decent money to put into the car. At that point you'll realize you enjoy real life and pussy more than cars and sell it off for something you can drive day by day rather than a non maturing savings account (which is pretty much what a non running car someone is building is.)

Quote:
if i can make more power right now in the long run with aftermarket parts on the s13 as opposed to the s14 for cheaper then why wouldn't i want to know that?
That's the problem, for cheaper. The only thing cheaper about going s13 over s14 is the motor itself. At the end of the day building power costs the same on either depending on your goal. Neither one is going to ooze anything amazing like 50 more whp because it's newer.

It's an engine, they all die eventually.

Quote:
i dont see any threads that specifically say things like this so these questions will keep coming up. STFU ZILVIA, IGNORE HIS IGNORANCE IF YOU DONT FUGGIN LIKE IT!
Weird because I could swear the 8 years that I've been registered on this website I could've SWORN a thread on this website had this VERY information it it. http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/62607-sr20det-faq.html

But you've probably had your head so far up your ass looking at the tucked rim fitment thread, or the various build threads on this website that you never even realized that we had SUB FORUMS.

This is why we don't give new people a bone on this website because you're all young, dumb, broke as fuck, and lazy.

I've yet to meet a 19 year old who has a car worth a shit and actually knows how to work on it much less any other new or aspiring s-chassis owner who registers on this site asks a question like this and then figures it's okay to consult with us every time a decision has to be made about what to put on or in their cars.

So if you don't like it, go fuck off.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Then go back to nicoclub shitbird...

There is no pros or cons of picking one over the other, at the end of the day it's not a new crate motor, you don't know it's history, just because it came off of a boat and can start doesn't mean it will last or build decently once you put some power on it.

At the end of the day half of the stupid import tuner ricers like yourself who think the experienced people are haters don't even put enough money into a project before you realize you'll spend 10 years at fucking dairy queen flipping hamburgers and making milkshakes before you make any decent money to put into the car. At that point you'll realize you enjoy real life and pussy more than cars and sell it off for something you can drive day by day rather than a non maturing savings account (which is pretty much what a non running car someone is building is.)

That's the problem, for cheaper. The only thing cheaper about going s13 over s14 is the motor itself. At the end of the day building power costs the same on either depending on your goal. Neither one is going to ooze anything amazing like 50 more whp because it's newer.

It's an engine, they all die eventually.

Weird because I could swear the 8 years that I've been registered on this website I could've SWORN a thread on this website had this VERY information it it. http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/62607-sr20det-faq.html

But you've probably had your head so far up your ass looking at the tucked rim fitment thread, or the various build threads on this website that you never even realized that we had SUB FORUMS.

This is why we don't give new people a bone on this website because you're all young, dumb, broke as fuck, and lazy.

I've yet to meet a 19 year old who has a car worth a shit and actually knows how to work on it much less any other new or aspiring s-chassis owner who registers on this site asks a question like this and then figures it's okay to consult with us every time a decision has to be made about what to put on or in their cars.

So if you don't like it, go fuck off.
so you're a "veteran" and may assume you know my build history even at 19 years old? i think not. every single person is different, every single motor is different. any smart person would rebuild any motor for any build on their car. the pros and cons i am speaking of pertain to ANY OUTCOME of s13 and s14 sr, not what you get when you buy it. fucking time attack drifting drag racing, you're telling me that the vct isnt better for a certain type of driving? i didn't post that last one so that i could bitch at the next person to argue with the op, it was posted to MAYBE get some sense into you "guys". you're wasting your time even replying to ME, if you don't want to share your countless hours of searching and reading all over the internet then why the fuck would you share this long ass negative post about noobs?

and fyi, my first job is working for a multi million dollar company, HFI INC, as an ENGINEER. My mofuggin DAILY is being prepped for track this season. So don't fucking tell me where my life is going.

This thread was posted for opinions, now im almost 100% positive there are atleast 5 others that were started with the exact same heading, so what's the obvious answer? Dont post if you dont want to.

NICOCLUB is fucking FULL of usefull information.

AND YES, it fucking costs a shit ton of money to build a car, i thought i would have enough with my high ass starting salary but I STILL WANT MORE, so what do i do? BRING IN MORE FUCKING INCOME, its not hard to make money, its hard keeping the shit in your pocket.

AND the thread you posted has amazing info on it, except it's cluttered and does NOT allow any room for opinions.

Again, the INTENTION was to get the "HATERS" to stop posting when they see something they dont like. If a mod sees it and doesnt like it, delete the thread. You "guys" get all rowdy'd up when "noobs" get on the "FORUM" and post something so they can see real life applications for their goals.

this thread is not the same as this thread:
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/432964...ml#post4492037

jist; forums are only for opinions, share yours and gtfo or contribute some info. no point in saying fuck off because nobody will.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #21
nissanfreak317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
nissanfreak317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsr20 View Post
hey was up ! just wondering what opinion do you guys have over getting these engines into an s13?

s13 blacktop 3300

s14 blactop 4000

i know the differences between them so dont bag me just wondering what you guys thing i should go for.

thanks.....
Summary: Which engine should I get? (No info on application or actual questions pertaining to performance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlecan1 View Post
Hi my name is Shane im new to this forum. Looking for a little info. I have a 92 s13 and will be buying a sr next week and dont know what one to buy. I was thinking about the s14 sr but should i just go with the redtop
Summary: Which engine should I get? (No info on application or actual questions pertaining to performance)

I sure thought these two useless threads looked like the same thing.

Have decent pop-up front to trade with oem hood + vis racing carbon fiber hood if interested.
nissanfreak317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
@Crondy

Feel better? No ones cares how much money you make, that doesnt mean you deserve to get spoon fed. The OP asked a dumb question that he could have simply found the answer himself by researching and maybe just maybe he could have actually learned something other than getting people to choose for him.
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfreak317 View Post

I sure thought these two useless threads looked like the same thing.
first one is asking for an opinion and even supplied high ass prices asking about going into a hatch.

second one wants you to spoon feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs13 View Post
@Crondy

Feel better? No ones cares how much money you make, that doesnt mean you deserve to get spoon fed. The OP asked a dumb question that he could have simply found the answer himself by researching and maybe just maybe he could have actually learned something other than getting people to choose for him.
I've felt the same since i baked thanks. Om1kron or whatever assumed i had a minimum wage job so i corrected. i did not ask for information, i just stated it would be easier to actually post usefull information than have three or four people tell me im a noob.

JIST AGAIN, don't post for no reason maybe?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #24
blo0d
Zilvia Member

blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crondy View Post
i got an s14 sr cause i got a baller deal. zilvia's full of hate nothing to do here but read through all of it and skim through the bs. i am also interested in the pros and cons of buying an s13 over s14, there will always be the guy that wants the s13 and i want to hear what he has to say. if i can make more power right now in the long run with aftermarket parts on the s13 as opposed to the s14 for cheaper then why wouldn't i want to know that? i dont see any threads that specifically say things like this so these questions will keep coming up. STFU ZILVIA, IGNORE HIS IGNORANCE IF YOU DONT FUGGIN LIKE IT!
and thats the fuckkking point its been covered to fuckinnng deatth... delete youself too please
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #25
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Setting aside the fact that it has been gone over a lot, there are some differences.

Most have been stated: VCT (variable cam timing), T28 vs T25 turbo, etc. The other piece is that it is a better flowing head on the S14 vs the S13.

Now, taking that into consideration, it is completely dependent on what you plan to do. If you're going to do a full build, you will save money up front to buy the S13 which you could use to do machine work on the head and improve the valvetrain. If you really only want to do a couple power adders and drive it, I would go S14 (and did even though I did more upgrades). The VCT is often eliminated when swapping cams (but doesn't have to be) but, once again, personal choice.

I certainly wouldn't pay those prices, though. Unless it's installed.

Taking out the emotion from some of these posts there is some valuable information. What are your goals? What kind of driving? And don't forget about things you should be adding like I/C, clutch, exhaust, etc etc.
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo0d View Post
and thats the fuckkking point its been covered to fuckinnng deatth... delete youself too please
but the fuuuuccckkkkinnngggg point is wasting time telling newbs to fuck off. LET THE OPINIONS COME IN LIKE THEY ALREADY HAVE, because people want to fucking read that, and not "ban this mofo cause he posted like a dumbass"
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetfade View Post
Setting aside the fact that it has been gone over a lot, there are some differences.

Most have been stated: VCT (variable cam timing), T28 vs T25 turbo, etc. The other piece is that it is a better flowing head on the S14 vs the S13.

Now, taking that into consideration, it is completely dependent on what you plan to do. If you're going to do a full build, you will save money up front to buy the S13 which you could use to do machine work on the head and improve the valvetrain. If you really only want to do a couple power adders and drive it, I would go S14 (and did even though I did more upgrades). The VCT is often eliminated when swapping cams (but doesn't have to be) but, once again, personal choice.

I certainly wouldn't pay those prices, though. Unless it's installed.

Taking out the emotion from some of these posts there is some valuable information. What are your goals? What kind of driving? And don't forget about things you should be adding like I/C, clutch, exhaust, etc etc.
now that's better but op did state he knew differences.

opinions on vct deletion?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
Crondy
Zilvia Member

or is there a thread that i should be reading about vct?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
here we go again.......

You know the reason I hardly have any posts..... it's because I research before I ask ANYTHING, and you know what, I find my answers.....
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #30
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharonna View Post
here we go again.......

You know the reason I hardly have any posts..... it's because I research before I ask ANYTHING, and you know what, I find my answers.....
i strongly believe that ANYTHING you want to know is on the internet. But just because i ask a question, does that mean im not already actively trying to find an answer? of course not, but that's what is ASSUMED and that's all im trying to say. there's no need to post if you don't like what the thread is about. you can't change the thread title, and if mods don't delete then it's just another thread with a title that somebody wants to look at but cant get any good info out of.