Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #511
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow PUNCH I am really digging your car.
is that the "Mazworx Built Time Attack S13" and if so that shit is fucking DOPE.

very very sick.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #512
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post

Azenis 275/35/18 Fronts/315/30/18s Rears

Oh my fucking god!!!!!!!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #513
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Hahaha, I think half of Zilvia is drooling over Punch's car now. I know I'd like to see the finished product.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #514
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
lol stop jizzing over the screen guys (ew).

That is hot though
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #515
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post
wow PUNCH I am really digging your car.
is that the "Mazworx Built Time Attack S13" and if so that shit is fucking DOPE.

very very sick.
Well, GSracer and I have been fking around with this car for a long time and Jerry has been instrumental in its build. Once I decided I wanted a car built for Time Attacks, I sent it to Mazworx for the build from the ground up.

Another side profile pic, not the best, but once it's all done I'll take better pics

Last edited by punch; 06-08-2008 at 02:43 PM..
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #516
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
You should have a project build thread or something haha... im curious of whats done to your car, it kicks ass from this alone lol. I want to +1 rep you but my reps are used up for 24 hours
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #517
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
but alot of this shit is pretty hot as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
in other words riced out and lame, there is a thread for that its called extreme stretch thread and wheel fitment (which was hijacked by the same group). They give me and others shit for ever even coming there and mentioning anything.

This is for full use of a wheel's size thread... to put it simply...
Umm, I think i was complimenting. Yea.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #518
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
You should have a project build thread or something haha... im curious of whats done to your car, it kicks ass from this alone lol. I want to +1 rep you but my reps are used up for 24 hours
There were a few things that were fabricated that I think you guys will find interesting. Once completed, I'll post up.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #519
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ok, does anyone know if i can fit 18x7.5, and 18x9.5 wheels on an 89 coupe? the offsets are 38 front and 35 rear. the tires are 225/40/18, and 265/35/18. i plan on getting 50mm over rear fenders.. also it has a 1.8 inch drop.

wish me luck
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #520
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
ok, does anyone know if i can fit 18x7.5, and 18x9.5 wheels on an 89 coupe? the offsets are 38 front and 35 rear. the tires are 225/40/18, and 265/35/18. i plan on getting 50mm over rear fenders.. also it has a 1.8 inch drop.

wish me luck
That will fit terribly. Don't put overfenders on. Don't run 7.5" front wheels either. Thank me later.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #521
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
uh oh i already bought them......................shit. well i'll make it work somehow. i went with those tire sizes cause they weren't 300 a tire
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #522
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
picard.jpg

lol
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #523
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post

wish me luck
change the front for an 18x8.5 +25 or so w/ 245s.

i would neg rep you for such a terrible question in a great thread but it seems someone else has taken care of that.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #524
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Even 18x8.5 is lame. If you're going to add the weight of 18s, at least make them 9.5 or wider.

The only reason to switch to 18s is to take advantage of the larger selection of wider tires with lower sidewall ratios than 17s.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #525
WhatsADSM

WhatsADSM is on a distinguished road
Just got done putting my new shoes on. They are:

18x8.5 +25 Rota Torques up front
18x9.5 +20 Rota Torque-Rs out back

Tires are:
245/40/18 Nitto 555s up front
285/35/18 Nitto 555Rs out back. (Sizes are very limited for DRs , and yes I DO need something about this big )

I actually initially ordered the +28 offset for the back, but they discontinued it and only had the option for +20, and I LOVED the rims so I decided to give it a shot.

Overall it turned out pretty good, but if I had to do it all over again I would look for something like a +35 in the back if I wanted to keep the 285s, otherwise I would go with +30 in the back if I could find some 275s I liked.

Here are the pics:

(The paint was REALLY cheap that was put on by the previous owner, hence the cracking, the original paint underneath actually pulled just fine with no cracks. :hammer: )
WhatsADSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #526
a_ahmed
BANNED

^You need those 285s in the fronts Actually 285/30/18 would be sex 315 in rear

Just kiddin' it looks frickin awesome, bot honestly too much stagger, run 265/35/18 in front instead of 245/40/18 Still that 285/35/18 looks... amazing!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #527
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
^ 245 40 18 is plenty big for the front..... if he has understeer issues with 245's then hes got bigger issues.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #528
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
i know it's not maximum fitment but it aint whore status either, besides this thread feels more like home for me.

i run 235/40 17 front and 255/40 17 on the rear right now...thinking about going wider...but for that i'm gonna need new wheels, i run kinda shitty offsets right now, so i cant go that much wider on the front, otherwise the tires will rub on the coils. but in order to get different offset wheels i need to check brake clearance and maybe even overfenders...

on the rear i could fit a 265 or maybe even a 275, dunno...

wheel specs: enkei rpf1 8.5x17 front 9.5x17 rear.

i only have a crappy pic of the rears, i'm gonna get some new ones if requested.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #529
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
^ 245 40 18 is plenty big for the front..... if he has understeer issues with 245's then hes got bigger issues.
More rubber = more total available grip. Look at aceinhole's set-up, 285's front 315's rear. His car is very successful in autocross man. You also have to consider that with wide rears and not so wide fronts the front will tend to break grip first (understeer) at least when off the throttle. It is my belief that, unless you have a lot of power, you should not stagger your tires as the total available grip will be equal on both ends of the car.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #530
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
i know it's not maximum fitment but it aint whore status either, besides this thread feels more like home for me.

i run 235/40 17 front and 255/40 17 on the rear right now...thinking about going wider...but for that i'm gonna need new wheels, i run kinda shitty offsets right now, so i cant go that much wider on the front, otherwise the tires will rub on the coils. but in order to get different offset wheels i need to check brake clearance and maybe even overfenders...

i only have a crappy pic of the rears, i'm gonna get some new ones if requested.
You can squeeze 255 fronts and 275 rears on those wheels, you will just have to get some long wheel studs and spacers to make it clear the coils. The tires won't bulge that bad either. What is the offset on your wheels? I would personally make those wheels work rather than replacing them as rpf1's are very good wheels.

EDIT: I had 245's on my 8"wheels and they were pretty much bricks, just a bit of bulge. The tire sizes I suggested should fit pretty much exactly the same on your wheels, just a bit of bulge.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #531
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

I'm running the same width rims as you under stock body, but 18" rims instead. And I run a 245/275 stagger and it fits fine, just a roll in the rear.

It really depends on what your offsets are. I have 18x8.5 +30 with a 5 mil spacer and 18x9.5 +25.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #532
WhatsADSM

WhatsADSM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
More rubber = more total available grip. Look at aceinhole's set-up, 285's front 315's rear. His car is very successful in autocross man. You also have to consider that with wide rears and not so wide fronts the front will tend to break grip first (understeer) at least when off the throttle. It is my belief that, unless you have a lot of power, you should not stagger your tires as the total available grip will be equal on both ends of the car.
I could have probably gotten away with some 255s up front but at the time I was unsure of how much space was available. Although now after seeing it, once I roll the fronts just to get rid of the lip on the fender I could probably fit 255s up there anyways.

And for what it is worth, I also would not stagger if I didn't have to. But honesty I have already stated that I have what I would consider "a lot of power" at least for a 240. This is why A) the tires rears are so big and B) they are DRs.

Haven't been dyno'd on pump gas but I would suspect 20psi would yield probably 2x the power most 240s roll around with... The car is a single converted RB26.
WhatsADSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #533
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
i have spacers lying around, 8mm per side. i just didn't get around to put them on yet.

offset is 30 front 38 rear.

on the rears i'm pretty happy on how they sit, all i need to do is roll the fenders and i'm good to go.

however, on the fronts i have to put the spacers on and see how everything fits, and then go from there.

i'm also thinking about what tire i should run, i would love to try the azenis 615, seems like the best bang for the buck, unfortunately they're not available on the german market and i don't know if they will ever be.

about understeering, i can confirm that a staggered setup tends to understeer off-throttle.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #534
a_ahmed
BANNED

Hey Firestorm sweet car Post more pics NO worries Also RPF1s are GOLD... I wish I bought them. I bought 17x9 mb competitions as they were cheap otherwise my next purchase most likely are rpf1s
Old 06-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #535
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
sell the mb's to some random toronto rice boy and get rpf1

you can sell those mb's for a good chunk of change in toronto

i know i sold rota d2 for 1100cdn lol
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #536
a_ahmed
BANNED

On that note I think you are right... LOL... good point. Everything is JDM tyte in CADM land. I bet I could get like 2000ish almost on wheels and tires both brand new (not driven on yet, taking car apart)... and then get some rpf1s 17x9 + falken rt615 again (or hell maybe direzza star spec.. apparently these are a good new tire both track/autox/daily).
Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #537
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
those wide fenders are so nice.....that's it done right, instead of extreme pulls

Last edited by JRas; 06-13-2008 at 12:52 AM..
JRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #538
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Very happy with my fitment, with a simple fender role

18x8.5 +32 235/40/18

18x9.5 +36 265/35/18

mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #539
nwmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
sell the mb's to some random toronto rice boy and get rpf1

you can sell those mb's for a good chunk of change in toronto

i know i sold rota d2 for 1100cdn lol
thanks...heh.
nwmrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #540
golfer17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
golfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to golfer17
YOUR CHASSIS: s14,

WHEELS: Work Emotion CR-Kai, 17x8 +25-f, 17x9 +38-r

TIRES: yokohama avs es100 235/40/17-f, dunlop direzza 255/40/17-r

MISC DETAILS: approx. 350whp, j30 diff. approx. 3100lbs with driver. these tires will hook the power in first gear but only on the best of roads and usually only on a good, hot day. the traction in cool to cold weather is terrible, but they really do well when the temp is above 80 or so and the roads have been heated by the sun.

I have 275/40/17 avon m-tech's and 245/40/17 falken fk450's waiting to go on, and by my measurements the rears should easily fit and the fronts will be as close as i want to get. the suspension is currently tein s-techs and tokico blue struts, but I also have stance gr+ coilovers waiting to go on that I am hoping will give even more tire clearance for future wheel and tire choices.

PURPOSE OF CAR: street, all-around performance

PICTURES: www.cardomain.com/id/golfer17