Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up Nissan GTR Thread

IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO LEGAL REQUEST - RJF

2008 Nissan GT-R unveiled on cover of Motor Trend

Posted Oct 16th 2007 9:12AM by Alex Nunez
Filed under: Coupes, Sports/GTs, Japan, Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan
Motor trend December 2008Today is October 16, but Motor Authority reports that the December issue of Motor Trend has begun arriving in some subscribers' mailboxes. What those readers will find on the cover is the first unmasked photo of the 2008 Nissan GT-R. According to MT's headline, the GT-R boasts a 0-60 of 3.5 seconds, an 11.7-second quarter mile, a 192 mph top speed, and a sub-$80K price. Motor Authority had no additional info, but we expect to see that explode onto the web in the immediate future as other outlets sitting on long-lead info react to the Motor Trend release. As for the car, it looks good to us. It essentially retains the GT-R Proto's appearance minus the Alice Cooper makeup under the headlamps. We'll wait for the information/photo avalanche to comment further, as we'd like to hear the final engine specs, too. Stay tuned for more. As you know already, we'll be in Japan next week to see the big reveal in person.

We're curious to know if any readers have actually received their copy of the December issue of Motor Trend, as Motor Authority doesn't make it clear if it actually has a copy in hand. The cover you see to the right is not a scan, but appears to be an image made from an actual PDF that Motor Trend staff would use to proof read the issue. In the enlarged version you can still see the cut markers where the page would be trimmed by the printer. We're not sure where Motor Authority got the image, but have already emailed Angus MacKenzie at MT to find out what's up.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Bot needs to sleep sometime
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
The Bot needs to sleep sometime
Ok, well tell, him he can nap on this one. I got it.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hi-res cover.

http://www.motorauthority.com/images..._cover_dec.jpg
Old 10-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearlessj View Post
Hi-res cover.

Thanks.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Pretty much was expecting it to look like that (even though that is not an official pic). I want to see specs and other bits once it makes its official debut.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
nice celica headlights.....

well the front end used to look decent till this crap.

hopefully they didnt butcher the rest of the car....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Nice find exitspeed. Can't wait to get this issue in the mail. Did the front bumper get designed by the same guy who did the X front bumper?

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
nice celica headlights.....

well the front end used to look decent till this crap.

hopefully they didnt butcher the rest of the car....
z and g both look like that too

If i had 80 i would have put my order in already

nice car
Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I don't care what anyone says The Hi res pics look pretty dope. I am sure its going to look even nicer in person. Those 0-60 specs put it right league with a Turbo Carrera as well and thats a pretty phenomenal 1/4 mile. I think the car is going beyond some peoples expectations and living up to others.

I do concur with Steve if I had a spare 80 right now my order would be in.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder who leaked the cover. Maybe someone at the printer or maybe even inside MT. Huge trouble if the person(s) get caught, but who cares we get to see it early.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
It's like a Celica and a Mitsubishi had gay sex and then the aborted fetus came out and was called GT-R.

Still... 3.5 seconds.... fuck.... I'd drive that any day. Corvette Killer? That's a Ferrari Fucker.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews

Yeah, I can see it.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Scott your just hating because you secretly want one and don't have the cash.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post

Still... 3.5 seconds.... fuck.... I'd drive that any day. Corvette Killer? That's a Ferrari Fucker.
my car does that on drs
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

First thing I thought about when I saw this was:

I want to masturbate now. But I'm at work. Darn.

Celica never popped into me head at all.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
Zilvia FREAK!

What worries me is why doesn't it say under $70k? No I am not trying to start another war. Just really curious because I thought it was going to be around $68k...

Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #18
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
First thing I thought about when I saw this was:

I want to masturbate now. But I'm at work. Darn.

Celica never popped into me head at all.
Nor mine, I see Aston Martin front end and Jag Front end combined with 350z. Only people who can't afford expensive cars see Celica LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
What worries me is why doesn't it say under $70k? No I am not trying to start another war. Just really curious because I thought it was going to be around $68k...
A, it says under $80k.

B, guess you were wrong.

But no seriously, maybe they are referring to the 3.5 second one being that price. Maybe the lower performing GTR's are in the $68 k range.

Also, you have to remember, up until now, everything was nothing more then speculation.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #20
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
A, it says under $80k.

B, guess you were wrong.

But no seriously, maybe they are referring to the 3.5 second one being that price. Maybe the lower performing GTR's are in the $68 k range.

Also, you have to remember, up until now, everything was nothing more then speculation.
I know it says under $80k, I was wondering why it didn't say under $70k, which would mean it's going to sell for the speculated $68k price. Which it obviously is not.

Now if this is the evo version and it is going for less than $80k that would be nice.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #21
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
I have to get rich before this thing comes out... hmmm....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
Zilvia FREAK!

^Robbing a bank works if you don't get caught. lol

Maybe the base is $78k with those times and the evo has even better times now that would be sick.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #23
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
^Robbing a bank works if you don't get caught. lol

Maybe the base is $78k with those times and the evo has even better times now that would be sick.
We'll have all of these answers in just 10 short days.

Oh and now that this pic has been leaked I give it til the end of the week for Official Shots from Nissan.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I happened to like the Alice Cooper make up under the headlamps. Billion Dollar Babies
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #25
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
i'm sure the motor/tech is kick ass. imo the body looks like crap.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #26
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
sigh.... even if i had FIFTY thousand I'd STILL have a hard time affording it..... come on lotto!!
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #27
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiI40sx View Post
sigh.... even if i had FIFTY thousand I'd STILL have a hard time affording it..... come on lotto!!
Actually 50g's as a down payment and payments shouldnt be too bad. Its a badass mutherfcuker I dont care what anyone says. Although Im not to happy about the exterior, I can see this car being one of the better looking cars in a few years. I cant wait to see this car in person.

I bet its ganna have dealer markup like a mofo.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
I happened to like the Alice Cooper make up under the headlamps. Billion Dollar Babies
I agree, I liked the "alice cooper" styling. the surfacing under the headlights just looks awkward. but oh well, i'm sure a whole bunch of them won't stay stock for long.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #29
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
sigh. i need to get rich before they release a V-Spec Z-tuned version with . that should give me 5~ years
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #30
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
That's pretty amazing if it's true.

NiZzAn PoWaZ y0!
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote