Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #61
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The more i look at it, the more i see a RWD RSX and Solora
Old 03-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #62
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
korean..........
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #63
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
the new max doesnt look so bad in these pics
Old 03-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #64
shade
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
shade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It would look a lot better with a different bumper. Bumper kills it the most. I'd also shave off that hideous antenna on top of the car.

Anyone know the starting price tag on this car?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #65
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
There's a Genesis thread. I'm merging this into it.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #66
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
http://thegenesiscoupe.com/

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #67
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
hell i will probably buy the lightweight t4 edition. Unless Nissan does what i hope they do and release a s16. :: hell ya. i think its absolutely gorgeous.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #68
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
did a 5 minute chop of it on my P45R's..

looks decent i think.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #69
icemhan_21
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
icemhan_21 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

looks decent i think.

shit man it looks good!
icemhan_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #70
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

looks decent i think.
That's the best shot I've seen of it so far.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #71
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
from edmunds.com:

NEW YORK — It's no secret that the movie Fast and Furious 4 is already confirmed for production and that the new Nissan GT-R will have a starring role. But as the production powerhouse sets about gathering other vehicles, sources at Hyundai told Inside Line today at the 2008 New York Auto Show that Universal came to Hyundai asking for its new rear-wheel-drive Genesis Coupe to be part of the action.

Although Fast and Furious 4 isn't scheduled for release until the summer of 2009, Hyundai has already committed to providing a red turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder Genesis Coupe SE to the mix.

Returning cast members include Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.

but yeah. i dig it.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #72
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i like everything about the car but the front bumper. i would probably buy one.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #73
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Hyundai responds to the S. Korea guy complaining about the Sedan.

From Autoblog:

yundai Motor America was caught off guard by this video and contacted us with their concern. According to them, the U.S.-spec version of the Genesis sedan and the South Korean version are markedly different, with the Yank-ified version tuned much more for a sporty driving experience. The South Korean market, we're told, favors a different kind of large luxury sedan, one that's softer, more luxurious, and to be blunt, more Buick-like.

So we asked Hyundai, "What's so different about the U.S.-spec version?" While they couldn't divulge all the details, we were told that the U.S. version with have a 31% higher spring rate in the front and 13% higher in the rear. In fact, they say the entire suspension will feature many different components geared more towards dynamic driving, including different springs, shocks and tires. Will it live up to Hyundai's promise of a premium sports sedan? We'll let you know after we drive the U.S.-spec Genesis, a car which this South Korean journalist might enjoy a hell of a lot more than the one he drove.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #74
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Meh its decent but its still a Hyundai, hyundai has come along way ill give them that, had a Hyundai back in the day biggest POS ever. But they kinda scream disposable cars to me. Like a Kia or Saturn. I like those guys who try to stunt in the Saturn Skys, all you did was buy a pretty tupperware bowl, its still a Saturn. Now we are going to have to deal with the next generation of "SRT-4 attitude" type guys when they release the turbo version because not only do you purchase a car but you get a bonus ego that the salesman through in with the car because he hyped it up so much. How are the re-sale values on Hyundais these days? And as far as the warranty, do they carry over when they change ownership?
SinisterSntra91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #75
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Meh its decent but its still a Hyundai, hyundai has come along way ill give them that, had a Hyundai back in the day biggest POS ever. But they kinda scream disposable cars to me. Like a Kia or Saturn. I like those guys who try to stunt in the Saturn Skys, all you did was buy a pretty tupperware bowl, its still a Saturn. Now we are going to have to deal with the next generation of "SRT-4 attitude" type guys when they release the turbo version because not only do you purchase a car but you get a bonus ego that the salesman through in with the car because he hyped it up so much. How are the re-sale values on Hyundais these days? And as far as the warranty, do they carry over when they change ownership?
Wow, the amount of ignorance in this statement is disturbing.

LOL.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #76
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

LOL.
Not really its an opinion its not factual its my opinion and I am entitled to it, you may not agree with it, just because you dont agree with it, it does not make it ignorant. To be ignorant is to lack education or knowledge, I have experience with all the cars listed above to form such an opinion. So thank you for your input.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #77
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Not really its an opinion its not factual its my opinion and I am entitled to it, you may not agree with it, just because you dont agree with it, it does not make it ignorant. To be ignorant is to lack education or knowledge, I have experience with all the cars listed above to form such an opinion. So thank you for your input.
That's what I mean. You're lack of knowledge about topic makes your opinion ignorant. You are entitled to it, of course. That doesn't make your statement any less ignorant.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #78
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
That's what I mean. You're lack of knowledge about topic makes your opinion ignorant. You are entitled to it, of course. That doesn't make your statement any less ignorant.
Cool man you opinion makes it officially ignorant thanks for clearing that up, next time I have an opinion ill run it by you before I post it up, o wise one.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #79
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Cool man you opinion makes it officially ignorant thanks for clearing that up, next time I have an opinion ill run it by you before I post it up, o wise one.
Good idea. Then when your done acting all butt hurt, go read up on whats going on in the industry with Hyundai and Saturn as you obviously have no clue. Your original opinions are warranted, but they are no longer accurate about either brand.

I won't defend Kia quit yet despite some current strides.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #80
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
ihave never owned a brand new car. this may be the first!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #81
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yeah, im definetly thinking about getting it.

unless nissan can come thru with the new silvia/240sx for the same price or cheaper.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #82
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Moar pics

muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #83
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

LOL.
There is some truth to what he is saying though. There's no doubt this will be the next SRT-4, and whats worse is that its RWD. But what can you do, we did ask for this. A cheap RWD turbo coupe. But its good for the market thats for sure, hopefully this will push other automakers to do the same...
Old 03-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #84
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
There is some truth to what he is saying though. There's no doubt this will be the next SRT-4, and whats worse is that its RWD. But what can you do, we did ask for this. A cheap RWD turbo coupe. But its good for the market thats for sure, hopefully this will push other automakers to do the same...
How is it going to be the next FWD turbo econo sedan from Chrysler?

But, seriously I get his reference about the SRT4, but it's somewhat stereotypical. "All SRT4 owners have inflated ego's cause they have a turbo car".

I dunno, maybe I was just in a bad mood yesterday and felt like debating. Nothing personal.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #85
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I guess its different in your area, but where I'm at- all the ricers jumped into an SRT-4 when it came out.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #86
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I guess its different in your area, but where I'm at- all the ricers jumped into an SRT-4 when it came out.
I only knew two people personally that had SRT4's. One happens to be one of my best buds (bamaboy on here), and the other is a guy who I went to school with that is one of the best drivers I've ever met. I don't go hanging out at car shows and shit like that so the ricers I tend to avoid.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #87
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
How is it going to be the next FWD turbo econo sedan from Chrysler?

But, seriously I get his reference about the SRT4, but it's somewhat stereotypical. "All SRT4 owners have inflated ego's cause they have a turbo car".

I dunno, maybe I was just in a bad mood yesterday and felt like debating. Nothing personal.
Please dont put words in my mouth, never once did I say ALL SRT-4 owners have that ego, its just alot of them do. I have raced a couple and spanked them in my Sentra and they leave all pissed, hell some of them arent willing to talk to you after the race. Ill give props where props are do. Its no different then alot of the Mustang owners whos egos I love crushing. But to say they are all like that is in fact stereotypical which is something I am not trying to do.

In a nut shell the power output and price of the vehicle are not enough for me to want to buy the car. Knowing that a car is not an investment and it only depreciates in value, I can make a hell of alot more power out of my S14 or Sentra for a 1/4 of the price and not have a car payment hanging over my head every month, plus insurance is way cheaper. Knowing that I cant bring myself to buy newer vehicles or be impressed by high dollar ones. I guess its bang for your buck in this case there is not enough bang.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #88
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

In a nut shell the power output and price of the vehicle are not enough for me to want to buy the car. Knowing that a car is not an investment and it only depreciates in value, I can make a hell of alot more power out of my S14 or Sentra for a 1/4 of the price and not have a car payment hanging over my head every month, plus insurance is way cheaper. Knowing that I cant bring myself to buy newer vehicles or be impressed by high dollar ones. I guess its bang for your buck in this case there is not enough bang.
There's not questions about the fact you can mod an older car cheaper and get more gains. The fact here is that Hyundai built a new 240 before Nissan did ( before anyone did really) and like you said, you have to give props were props are due. They deserve some serious props.

Now we watch Nissan and Toyota play catch up to Hyundai.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #89
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Quote:
There's not questions about the fact you can mod an older car cheaper and get more gains. The fact here is that Hyundai built a new 240 before Nissan did ( before anyone did really) and like you said, you have to give props were props are due. They deserve some serious props.

Now we watch Nissan and Toyota create a better product thats better looking and has what everyone really wants; less weight.
I agree that Hyundai was the first to create the cheap rwd coupe we've all wanted but just because its the first doesnt mean it will be the best. I would give up hp for weight savings any day and thats why I chose to wait a little longer for Toyotas new coupe more than nissans or the new tib.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 AM   #90
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
I agree that Hyundai was the first to create the cheap rwd coupe we've all wanted but just because its the first doesnt mean it will be the best. I would give up hp for weight savings any day and thats why I chose to wait a little longer for Toyotas new coupe more than nissans or the new tib.
It is the best. Because it's the ONLY. (other then the 1 series but it's not really in the same segment)

But I agree it would not be my first choice if Nissan and Toyota had competing cars.