Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
2007-2008 NBA Playoffs Thread

*NBA on NBC theme music playing*

The 2007-2008 NBA Playoffs are officially here. They start
on Saturday, April 19th.

Here are the official match ups for the 1st round:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Boston Celtics vs
(8) Atlanta Hawks

(2) Detroit Pistons vs
(7)Philadelphia 76ers

(3) Orlando Magic vs
(6) Toronto Raptors

(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs
(5) Washington Wizards

WESTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs
(8) Denver Nuggets

(2) New Orleans Hornets vs
(7) Dallas Mavericks

(3) San Antonio Spurs vs
(6) Phoenix Suns

(4) Utah Jazz vs
(5) Houston Rockets

These are strictly my opinions/predictions.

My predictions:

First Round-
Boston in 4
Detroit in 4
Orlando in 5
Cleveland in 6
Los Angeles in 5
Dallas in 6 (upset special)
San Antonio in 7
Utah in 6

Conference Semi-finals -
Boston in 6 (vs Cleveland)
Detroit in 5 (vs Orlando)
Los Angeles in 6 (vs Utah)
San Antonio in 6 (vs Dallas)

Conference Finals-
Boston in 6 (vs Detroit)
Los Angeles in 6 (vs San Antonio)

Finals

Los Angeles in 6

The only real upset I see is Dallas beating New Orleans
in the first round, due to the fact that the Hornets
have zero to little playoff experience. Dallas has been
on the big stage for quite awhile now.

I love the bracket. New Orleans, San Antonio, Phoenix, and
Dallas are all on the opposing bracket, so we only have to
face ONE of them if we reach the WCF.

DISCUSS! MAKE PREDICTIONS! See how right/wrong you were.
I think this year's playoffs will be the most exciting in awhile.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 04-17-2008 at 02:44 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
haha I love your intro! nba on nbc! who else is rockin it on their ringtone like me? my cousin heard my phone and started ROFLing and screaming it's game time!

oh boy, I'll make predictions when I'm out of school later. But what I wanna say now, every fucking series will be a GREAT series to watch maybe except for Magic and Raptors. They've gone downhill the past few weeks. My favorite playoff of all time thus far!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Schools gonna be out for summer, so I'll be able to enjoy this. I'll make some predictions later...after I finish studying! doh!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
playoffs are gonna be sweet...hah DnB or espn zone again?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandy Boosts View Post
haha I love your intro! nba on nbc! who else is rockin it on their ringtone like me? my cousin heard my phone and started ROFLing and screaming it's game time!

oh boy, I'll make predictions when I'm out of school later. But what I wanna say now, every fucking series will be a GREAT series to watch maybe except for Magic and Raptors. They've gone downhill the past few weeks. My favorite playoff of all time thus far!
I've definitely had it as my ringtone for a couple weeks now, everyone makes a point of asking what in the blue hell it is.
I am not about to lie, nothing coming into this season had me believing that the Lakers would be this good, Bynum's breakout helped to reverse that feeling. All in all, this has been a VERY entertaining season, with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard having great seasons as well.
My predictions are about in line with AkademikONE's, though I think the NBA Finals will be a grueling and fucking CLASSIC 7-gamer, with David Stern in his office beating off the whole time on a bed of Franklins

And I write too!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
yeah the injuries got me worried...but lakers pulled it off woot woot #1 baby
Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
My predictions are about in line with AkademikONE's, though I think the NBA Finals will be a grueling and fucking CLASSIC 7-gamer, with David Stern in his office beating off the whole time on a bed of Franklins
If the Lakers make it to the Finals, Bynum will most likely be back,
and I don't think they'll need all 7 to eliminate the Celtics.

I have that music on my Myspace page.
Damn, I love playoff time. As Kobe said after their
last game, "Laker fever is back."

Time to put up my Laker flag on my car.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3vmpM2FGzU[/ame]

Bring on the Nuggets!

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 04-17-2008 at 12:34 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
With a fully functioning Bynum on the squad, and as-yet untested chemistry notwithstanding, there is nothing between the Lakers and the trophy, until everyone makes their off-season panic maneuvers to try and catch up.

And I write too!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
though I think the NBA Finals will be a grueling and fucking CLASSIC 7-gamer, with David Stern in his office beating off the whole time on a bed of Franklins
lol... now that's a mental image... lot of good match ups... go Lakers!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

heck yea laker fever .... ive been having the fever lol
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ESPN is on schedule to finish building an ESPN
center across Staples Center, in 2009.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #12
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

place is gonna be so niceeeeeeeeee
Old 04-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Anyone know if they still show Laker playoff games at Citywalk?
On the big screen?
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
I'm a little worried that with all this build up, the playoffs could end up being a let down. It's just pretty hard for something to live up to such high expectations. As for upsets, it's hard to say that any are real upsets, but the only underdogs I see winning are Washington and Toronto. I can't wait though.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
well - i have to hand it to the Lakers, they have a good shot at taking it all. I'll still be rooting for the Suns, but we'll see.

If anything for this year and for the years to follow... please for the love of god, ANYBODY BUT THE BORING ASS SAN ANTONIO SPURMS.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #16
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
I'm a little worried that with all this build up, the playoffs could end up being a let down. It's just pretty hard for something to live up to such high expectations.
True, but even if they don't win it this year, it's not going to be
a "trade everyone and rebuild" kind of summer. We aren't even
supposed to be in this situation. If anything, this season was
already the success we needed. The next 4-5 years are the
important ones, as why Bynum was kept.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Wonder how Kwame is doing.... lol
Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
oooo wee!! i cant wait! LAKER FEVER!

haha,
spurs and suns. what a first round matchup
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

lmao so useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Wonder how Kwame is doing.... lol
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I still think its still up for grabs...its anybodys ball game in the west. Any of them are legit contenders in my book. East, only 2 teams really matter or have my respect. Celts have a better chance than the Pistons just cuz the pistons are starting to show their old legs. You guys noticed they slowed down alot, hell Rasheed aint even getting that much technicals anymore.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #21
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

lakers vs nuggets playoff game 1 sunday 12pm pacific time channel 7
Old 04-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #22
1quk240
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (21)
1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
SUNS ALL THE WAY!!! AND NEXT YEAR...ALL STAR GAME HERE IN PHOENIX AND ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
All you Lakers, Spurs fans
Old 04-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #23
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Welcome to the thread.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #24
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
here are my predictions taken from pick n roll on nba.com

Old 04-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quk240 View Post
SUNS ALL THE WAY!!! AND NEXT YEAR...ALL STAR GAME HERE IN PHOENIX AND ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
All you Lakers, Spurs fans
You've been paying attention, right?
Are you speaking like a fan or like someone who knows something about professional basketball?
The Suns will not make it out of the first round.

And I write too!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #26
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Judging by the way he talks, probably a bandwagon fan.

In other news:
-Knicks fire Isiah Thomas (about time)
-league ok's Sonics to move to Oklahoma City
Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
1quk240

1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough1quk240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You've been paying attention, right?
Are you speaking like a fan or like someone who knows something about professional basketball?
The Suns will not make it out of the first round.
yeah you must be listening to LA radio but if you have been paying attention the suns have won 3/4 during the regular season. I know its just the regular season but it still counts. And you must be a Shaq hater

[quote=AkademikONE;1979457]Judging by the way he talks, probably a bandwagon fan.

And i know just about as much if not more than anyone that watches basketball
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

^^^ I don't live in LA, never have and do not desire to. The fact of the matter here is that the Suns WILL have a problem getting through the Spurs, and will be so beat to shit IF they do, they'll play sacrificial lambs to whomever they get next.
I am not even addressing claims to know more about basketball than others. Shit, I know I know a lot, but I REFUSE to give myself so much credit.

And I write too!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #29
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
Goin out tonight, probably gonna get home late but I already got my alarm set at 9am.

Gotta shower n shit before the game starts or I won't be able to get up until 2 series are over
Old 04-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #30
1quk240

Quote:
^^^ I don't live in LA, never have and do not desire to. The fact of the matter here is that the Suns WILL have a problem getting through the Spurs, and will be so beat to shit IF they do, they'll play sacrificial lambs to whomever they get next.
I am not even addressing claims to know more about basketball than others. Shit, I know I know a lot, but I REFUSE to give myself so much credit.
I've got the suns in 6. It will be a really tough series but the way i look at it is, i think Dallas will thake out N.O. due to there inexperience. N.O. is a great team this year and I'm going on my prediction that if the Suns face Dallas they will win that series, also cuz if they(suns) face N.O. they will lose.
Closed Thread