Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Rey of Spots is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rey of Spots
2008-2009 NBA Season Thread

Since AkademikONE got pinked, I'll start his annual NBA thread.

The NBA season starts this Tuesday.

Discuss!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
LAKERS are gonna be the 09 champions!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
We'll see how Odom responds to coming off the bench. I think it's the right basketball move, but if he pouts it could backfire.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

They've been playing great with him coming off the bench. Starting 5 should be, and I think
will be Bynum, Gasol, Radmanovich, Bryant, and Fisher.

This will be Farmar's breakout year, and I see him starting next season, or even as soon as
sometime this season. Ariza will have a great year too. Kobe will be Kobe. We'll see how
Bynum's knee holds up.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i need to get tickets for a hornets/lakers game. im just there to watch CP3 ha.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
lakers are looking good this season. that was a close one with kobe getting the hyper extended knee at last weeks game. now he is healthy.

with miami having wade healthy again, they might get to the playoffs. we'll see
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

Make your predictions!

Title: Lakers over Celtics

Most Valuable Player: Lebron James

Coach of the Year: Nate McMillan (Portland)

Defensive Player of the Year: Kevin Garnett

Rookie of the Year: OJ Mayo

Sixth Man of the Year: Lamar Odom

Most Improved Player: Trevor Ariza

Last edited by Rey of Spots; 10-27-2008 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Lakers vs. Celtics: Lakers in 5
MVP: Kobe Bryant
Coach of the Year: Rick Adelman (Rockets)
Defensive Player of the Year: Kevin Garnett
Rookie of the Year: Greg Oden
Sixth Man: Lamar Odom
Most Improved Player: Rodney Stuckey
Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
We'll see how Odom responds to coming off the bench. I think it's the right basketball move, but if he pouts it could backfire.
I am not quite sure if we agree or disagree here... Sure, he will bitch at being 6th-ish man, which will be a blow to his ego, but when he comes off the bench and shits on EVERY second unit in the league, he may be more inclined to appreciate and make something of it.
As a Lakers fan, I think it is a good look personally.

I will hold off on the predictions (except for the forthcoming), what with the deluge of surprises from last year. I am expecting a good season, but when LeBron doesn't get the Cavaliers back to the finals, then he will be splitsville as soon as possible. Same rules apply to Dwyane Wade's suicidal playing style in Miami, he can't do that shit for a whole career with no real results.

Another good thing about the season being back, Lynwood Jenkins:
FiyaStarter.com - Linwood Jenkins

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
J90lude
Zilvia Junkie

J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude
The Suns and Mavs are gonna start the season off rite again XD
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by J90lude View Post
The Suns and Mavs are gonna start the season off rite again XD
I SWEAR, I hope you're joking.
The Suns' window is closing, considering that Shaq is well past his prime, and Steve Nash is getting there. The Mavericks left their lone chance on the table when they choked against the Heat, Jason Kidd is also getting to the end of his career, gone are the days where J. Kidd and Steve Nash were the best points in the league, it is Chris Paul and Deron Williams now.

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
I think with the current lineup, the Celtics have one more title in them, before they all get too old and need to revamp.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
I think with the current lineup, the Celtics have one more title in them, before they all get too old and need to revamp.
One must understand the fits that they were given all the way through the playoffs... There has been a full offseason of watching video and preparing from all angles, they're in position to be TRIED now, whereas no one may have been QUITE ready for them last year.
They could become complacent and get owned badly, comparable to what happened to so many champions before them.
I am waiting to see what happens.

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I am not quite sure if we agree or disagree here... Sure, he will bitch at being 6th-ish man, which will be a blow to his ego, but when he comes off the bench and shits on EVERY second unit in the league, he may be more inclined to appreciate and make something of it.
As a Lakers fan, I think it is a good look personally.

I will hold off on the predictions (except for the forthcoming), what with the deluge of surprises from last year. I am expecting a good season, but when LeBron doesn't get the Cavaliers back to the finals, then he will be splitsville as soon as possible. Same rules apply to Dwyane Wade's suicidal playing style in Miami, he can't do that shit for a whole career with no real results.

Another good thing about the season being back, Lynwood Jenkins:
FiyaStarter.com - Linwood Jenkins
From a basketball standpoint, Odom off the bench is great. It allows the Lakers to put a better defender or better shooter at the starting 3 to complement Gasol and Bynum; it gives them a ball handler off the bench to run the second unit. Makes perfect sense.

Odom, however, does not have the strongest mental makeup in the game. He's saying all the right things now, great, but if he pouts and it affects his play, then it's time to do something (i.e. send his expiring deal elsewhere).
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
From a basketball standpoint, Odom off the bench is great. It allows the Lakers to put a better defender or better shooter at the starting 3 to complement Gasol and Bynum; it gives them a ball handler off the bench to run the second unit. Makes perfect sense.

Odom, however, does not have the strongest mental makeup in the game. He's saying all the right things now, great, but if he pouts and it affects his play, then it's time to do something (i.e. send his expiring deal elsewhere).
Okay, then we agree.
It looks GREAT on paper and in potential, the only variable is his maturity about the whole situation.

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

You guys seem to forget that Phil Jackson is the master of coaching
players into their respective roles. Remember Rodman? Phil coached him
into the specific role he was good at, which was rebounding and defending.
I am not worried one bit about Odom coming off the bench.

CLE/BOS?
MIL/CHI?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey of Spots View Post
You guys seem to forget that Phil Jackson is the master of coaching
players into their respective roles. Remember Rodman? Phil coached him
into the specific role he was good at, which was rebounding and defending.
I am not worried one bit about Odom coming off the bench.

CLE/BOS?
MIL/CHI?
It was not that huge a deal with Rodman, have you forgotten that he was an important part of the Pistons teams that the Bulls had such fits with?
He couldn't make Shaq give a fuck about conditioning. I stand by what I say, Lamar Odom's maturity will drive his output, which will directly effect his expendability.

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
trade him to the knicks!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
trade him to the knicks!!!
For who?
Are you fucking HIGH?!!?

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

Watching the Celtic's ceremony pisses me the fuck off. The Celtics
will not, I repeat, will not repeat as the NBA Champion. -Romeo

I agree. Makes me want to throw my remote at my TV. Go Lakers!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
For who?
Are you fucking HIGH?!!?
for curry of course! or once we trade curry for al harrington. we can trade him.

what is odom's salary?

even lebron wants to join the knicks once his contract is done on 2010. come join the party!!!

cmon down odom with d'antoni's system you dont have to play D baby!!!

tomorrow knicks vs heat.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

ANDROMEDA NET # Featured Channels Webplayer

Streaming video!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #23
OptionZero
Post Whore!

The Blazers look like they're having trouble getting the ball into the post and scoring overall.

Young kids with expectatations = no execution
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #24
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Oden looks slow and lost.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Condition's probably an issue for a guy who was still getting up to basketball speed this preseason.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #26
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
sucks ... it looks like he tweaked his ankle or something in the 1st quarter...

on the other hand, lakers are looking AWESOMe!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
blazers is a young team. oden needs more conditioning.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #28
Rey of Spots
Zilvia Member

Oden just can't catch a break. I feel bad for the dude.

Good win by the Lakers. If this defense was any sign of things
to come... watch out. Watching Kobe take over in the 2nd half
was beautiful to watch.

1-0
Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #29
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
charle's claims to be in a group that consists of bill gates, shakespeare, nostradamus

damn, he said one more but I can't remember

damn cavs

otherwise good opener by the lakers
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #30
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

easyyy win by the lakeshow

man i thought the cavs were gonna come back and win it... hahah

did anyone even watch the bulls/bucks game? LOL
Closed Thread