Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #31
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
man i leave this place for 8 hours and this shit pops up?!

how many fixie threads have there been already 3-4???
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
fixed gear bikes come with four walls.
and adobe slabs.
you know, for your girls.
solid frame and the blood i bleed from no brakes
with skinny jeans and by my hipster spouse
i only want a proper bike
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #33
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftSLowHomIe!! View Post
So i've been lookin to get one so i can ride to work, i live like 15-20 min away but not sure to buy/build my own.i was wondering if any of you guys have one and did u build it or purchased it. oh yea post pics of ur Bike. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
waiting for duffm4n to chime in
i went over to Junky Rusty Bikes in long beach, the place was SUPER small, and really busy, so customer service was more of a "here you go, move along" sorta deal...but i did get a nice deal on a SE Draft ($200 complete) and upgraded a few things...wheels/tires, cut down the bars, white oury grips, macneil fat capital seat w/white volume seat post

gonna change out the 1 piece cranks for a sugino messenger 3 piece crankset and maybe some 1" riser bars

here's my bike so far

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^^^

"props" for not having Baskin Robbins colorway.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #35
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
maby its just me but they seem a little metro
Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #36
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
i went over to Junky Rusty Bikes in long beach, the place was SUPER small, and really busy, so customer service was more of a "here you go, move along" sorta deal...but i did get a nice deal on a SE Draft ($200 complete) and upgraded a few things...wheels/tires, cut down the bars, white oury grips, macneil fat capital seat w/white volume seat post

gonna change out the 1 piece cranks for a sugino messenger 3 piece crankset and maybe some 1" riser bars

here's my bike so far
Looks dope where was this place at, can u give me the address thanks
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
^^^^

"props" for not having Baskin Robbins colorway.
+10 style points for using the term "colorway"...im proud of my little hypebeast brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
maby its just me but they seem a little metro
its just you...im far from metro, or hipster...i just think its fun, and a GREAT form of exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftSLowHomIe!! View Post
Looks dope where was this place at, can u give me the address thanks
here's their myspace...they're on Cherry

MySpace.com - JUNKY RUSTY BIKES 4 SALE!! - 34 - Male - NORTH LONG BEACH, California - www.myspace.com/junkyrustybikes

i think the guy's name was Jeff

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #38
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
duff im not saying you but im sorry the people i have seen ride them

they act like hardcore metro dorks
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #39
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
duff im not saying you but im sorry the people i have seen ride them

they act like hardcore metro dorks
yeah i know...its just the image thats come with it lately...i find it more fun to just ride by yourself and not fall into the "image" of riding a fixed gear

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #40
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
BMX bikes aren't cool anymore? =[
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #41
lflkajfj12123

yeah they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34U3-CutuU
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #42
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGLNPJ9VCE

I don't even want my bike anymore...
Old 06-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #43
Oki180

Trader Rating: (0)
Oki180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oki180
I'd say if you're not sure about a fixed gear bike, then just build a rear wheel with a flip flop hub and rock the free wheel on one side and fixed on the other. Thats what I did.... truth be told I got real tired of the fixed gear side much quicker than I did with the free wheel. It was a pretty sweet setup on an old derosa frame that I had converted by a shop to a single speed drops.

Its pretty flat out here in Oklahoma. So I was running a 48x14... and just using it to get around town once in a while.

so depending on where you live.... setup will usually determine how much you enjoy your ride.
Oki180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #44
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
+10 style points for using the term "colorway"...im proud of my little hypebeast brian

its just you...im far from metro, or hipster...i just think its fun, and a GREAT form of exercise

here's their myspace...they're on Cherry

MySpace.com - JUNKY RUSTY BIKES 4 SALE!! - 34 - Male - NORTH LONG BEACH, California - www.myspace.com/junkyrustybikes

i think the guy's name was Jeff
hey thanks for the info Duff much appriciated
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
glad u made this thread cause i didnt wanna look like the dufus who did, in that regard, im buying one next week, gas is too expensive lolo
kilo tt?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #46
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

kilo-tt is a good route to start off with as well, i woulda got that, if i wasnt such a fan of SE (plus $200 for a complete single speed is super cheap)

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
kilo-tt is a good route to start off with as well, i woulda got that, if i wasnt such a fan of SE (plus $200 for a complete single speed is super cheap)
Im gonna go check em out this weekend might be able to pick one up like duff's
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #48
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
as much as i hate these bikes... i don't think there's a bike shop on the trendy douche street downtown. i could totally make bank out of a tiny retail space.
fuck you
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #49
SochBAT
Post Whore!

have them run welded diffs.

I mean sprockets.

Isn't a fixed gear essentially equivalent to a welded diff?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #50
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

yeah pretty much...no freewheel

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #51
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Plan to 'fix' my transmission. 4th gear only.

No brakes.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #52
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
meh.. it seems everyone i know is into fixed gears now, i have no idea why. it is the cool hipster thing to have now though. the only person i know that had one and actually put it to good use was my buddy Anthony, who is a bike messenger in SF, that is until he got hit by a truck.. now he rides a bmx. i hope this trend fades away soon.

this is Anthonys story, pretty crazy.. the guy is super cool.
not sure how to embed video from vimeo so here is the link
http://vimeo.com/4801541
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #53
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post

Imagine strapping your feet to the differential, it's pretty much the same concept.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #54
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
what is the appeal of these bikes? is there any benefit to fixed gear? or is it just to impress other hipsters and pick-up on dudes?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #55
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
or is it just to impress other hipsters and pick-up on dudes?
Yeah, pretty much...

People will say "oh, its great excercise!" Yeah, riding ANY bike is good exercise.

Hooray for silly trends!
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #56
west$lide
Leaky Injector

west$lide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to west$lide
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
gears exist for a reason. fixed gear bikes are bullshit. the end
fixed gear bikes exist for a reason too. they are trainer bikes for roadies. riding a fixed gear is way more challenging and teaches you how to truely pedal and ride a bike efficiently. so when you ride a roadie you are the sh*t!! I rock one and I am no hipster.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #57
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Yeah, pretty much...

People will say "oh, its great excercise!" Yeah, riding ANY bike is good exercise.

Hooray for silly trends!
try riding one for 10+ miles then come back and give your opinion...these are way more of a workout when compared to any other bike that you can freewheel

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #58
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i honestly cant believe how trendy fixies have become. i don't mind the people who have been riding fixies for hella days and use them as transportation. along with keeping the look of the bike real simple. but it seems all of the trendy hipster teeny boppers just want to slap on hyphy colors, hella stickers, and rape their parents wallets just to be cool. why is it all of a sudden everyone wants to ride fixed gears? the true fixie owners i know hate cars and do everything they can to keep the planet clean. its funny seeing a fixie on the roof of a car with a straight piped exhaust and a built motor.

on another note one of my close friends told me a funny story ( he's a hypebeast trendy kid too). he was riding a fixie down a hill with a friend. claimed it had brakes but they didnt work well. as he was riding down the hill at insane speeds, he notices a car pulling out of a driveway. he had two options which were to either ram the car backing out or smash into a parked car. what does he do? he heads straight for the parked car, smashes the tail light and gets launched off the bike. destroyed the tail light and part of the bike, along with getting scraped up real good. it basically looked like he was intentionally trying to hurt himself.lol. first and last time he's riding a fixie. ( these were San Francisco hills)
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #59
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
All of my friends who ride fixed bikes do tricks on them. The hipster and the 'true' fixie riders seem look down on that.
Bicycles are serious business.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #60
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
have them run welded diffs.

I mean sprockets.

it's more like a welded.... clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Plan to 'fix' my transmission. 4th gear only.

No brakes.
bro you gotta get third. way better for around town. and carry a spare unwelded tranny in your trunk. flip flop s13.

Quote:
try riding one for 10+ miles then come back and give your opinion...these are way more of a workout when compared to any other bike that you can freewheel
oh, that sounds like exactly what i want to "get around town" on. that sounds great for "throwin' the laptop in mah bag and goin to the coffee bar that isn't starbucks but has free wifi". that sounds great for "commutin'".

my whole point is people buy them for one reason and then make up a thousand reasons why they did it. if everybody would just admit it's only to look cool, there'd be no issue

ultra hypocrite moment in 3, 2, 1

i own a singlespeed mountain bike. not a fixie, but a singlespeed. i converted it myself. i have a decent y-frame that i trail ride, but i wanted something to beat the shit out of around my neighborhood for exercise, without mangling my good bike. and yes, it is great exercise