Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

Post away regarding the 2010-2011 NBA Season.

Regarding the TMac rumors to LA:

Before his injury, he was an offensive beast. Like it or not, he was almost a mirror-image of Kobe’s game.
His defense is suspect, but if LA can get him for the veteran’s minimum, why not? It’s a cheap insurance policy.

Limit his role suited for his current health. He is INSTANT OFFENSE, something that is desperately needed
from our bench. 20 minutes a game would be good for him, as he doesn’t have to expend too much energy
as he always needed to. He can create his own shot, has a nice 3-point shot, is athletic, and can run the
point at times.

His knees and ankle have given him problems in the past, but take a look at Grant Hill- same type of
injuries, yet he’s playing great.

Tracy McGrady to the Lakers is a no-brainer, especially for what the Lakers can get him for. Ron Artest
has also called on him to join the Lakers, as they were teammates back in Houston. McGrady has also
stated before that the player he would definitely want to play with is Jelly Bean.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 06-21-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
What about securing Phil Jackson, don't you think that is going to effect things? I don't see how you give the coach that just won a championship for you a pay cut. How will you accommodate T-macs pay?

In regards to Grant Hill, I think Phoenix has the best medical staff in the league because everytime some injured/damaged goods player goes over there they come out like they had a sip from the fountain of youth!

Anyways, you know all we care about is where LeBron is going fool! j/k

Alright, I'll just throw this one out there for disuccusion.

Considering that Boston was a relatively weak team, that was not supposed to even make it far into the playoffs if at all, but yet beat the supposed two best teams in the east and then gave the best team in the west a run for its money: what does this say about the current state of the NBA?

Like I said before, I'm down for some crazy ass trades, moves by coaches and players and free agents. I hope everything gets mixed up to see if this league can be given a kick in the ass. Because if we are honest with ourselves, on scale of 1-10 its at like a 6.5 with bursts of 7.5 here and there.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
What about securing Phil Jackson, don't you think that is going to effect things? I don't see how you give the coach that just won a championship for you a pay cut. How will you accommodate T-macs pay?
Paying Phil won't be a problem, as it will seem he will take a paycut (he did donate his $2million bonus to charity).
Magic also said he'd give Buss money if he needs to, to keep Phil.

If TMac were to come here, he'd have to accept the veteran's minimum, as I stated. He's made plenty of
money already throughout his career. He was the highest paid NBA athlete last season, and I'm confident that
winning a ring is a priority now. For the Laker's side, it would be a cheap insurance policy.

Quote:
Alright, I'll just throw this one out there for disuccusion.

Considering that Boston was a relatively weak team, that was not supposed to even make it far into the playoffs if at all, but yet beat the supposed two best teams in the east and then gave the best team in the west a run for its money: what does this say about the current state of the NBA?
Boston turned up the defense in the playoffs. It was like they reverted back to their 2008 self and it got
them all the way to the Finals. I called Boston was going to make the Finals in the last thread, but fell
short on my prediction of LA in 6.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Paying Phil wont be a problem. Hell, if they really needed the money they could ask every Laker fan to paypal them 10 bucks and i'm sure it would get done. haha. What it really boils down to is Phil's health and whether or not he can and or wants to endure another season.

Also, I like this idea of T-Mac for the vet minimum to further solidify our bench. However, what we really need is another starter quality point guard. Jordan Farmar is not it. In the last 3 seasons, we really haven't seen any significant growth. Kirk Heinrich? Yes Please. And as long as we're on the subject, I used to be all for shipping out Sasha too, but he really stepped up in these playoffs and seems to have gotten back to his old self. So he should stay.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 06-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

The money is not the problem with Phil returning, it's his health. He wasn't even at the parade
today, he was at his doctor's appointment. He'll make his decision this week or next week, I
believe.

Farmar is NOT returning. He wants a bigger paycheck and more playing time somewhere else.
The PG's I want LA to consider are Raymond Felton, Javaris Crittenton, Earl Watson, and
Steve Blake.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Strider
Zilvia Junkie

Strider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Paying Phil wont be a problem. Hell, if they really needed the money they could ask every Laker fan to paypal them 10 bucks and i'm sure it would get done. haha. What it really boils down to is Phil's health and whether or not he can and or wants to endure another season.

Also, I like this idea of T-Mac for the vet minimum to further solidify our bench. However, what we really need is another starter quality point guard. Jordan Farmar is not it. In the last 3 seasons, we really haven't seen any significant growth. Kirk Heinrich? Yes Please. And as long as we're on the subject, I used to be all for shipping out Sasha too, but he really stepped up in these playoffs and seems to have gotten back to his old self. So he should stay.
OMG! I've been calling for that trade for some time now. With Derek Rose in Chicago running the show Hinrich is been relegated to minor minutes and he definitely doesn't deserve that. He's a long athletic guard who can create his own shots, play defense and shoot the three ball. PERFECT if you ask me.

Also, I agree with you on keeping Sasha. I guess his back and ankle injury was really bugging him more than he let on because he was horrible last season and the beginning of this one. I'm glad he sat out and finally gave everything that much needed rest.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #7
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
The money is not the problem with Phil returning, it's his health. He wasn't even at the parade
today, he was at his doctor's appointment. He'll make his decision this week or next week, I believe. .
What does he have left to prove or do? I'm starting to think that he's leaning towards retirement.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
gzer750
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
gzer750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
AkademikONE take a chill pill and enjoy the time off. the team is good the way it is. stop putting things in your head.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
question is, where is LeBron GOING?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Strider
Zilvia Junkie

Strider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Garage View Post
question is, where is LeBron GOING?
Who cares! I could care less where Lebron goes.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
lebron's going nowhere.

wade is going nowhere.

the story is bosh and amar'e. it's obvious both don't like where they are at. i wish nobody would come to the knicks, (i'm looking at you lebron, joe johnson, etc) so that we can retain david lee.

xquizitditz
Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
lebron come to ny!!! ny is cooler than cleveland..
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i hope david lee is gone with his inflated stats by d'antoni system.

lebron better go to ny and bring his friends too; wade, bosh, stoudemire and ray allen.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer750 View Post
AkademikONE take a chill pill and enjoy the time off. the team is good the way it is. stop putting things in your head.
If you had any basketball knowledge at all, you'd know that championship teams try to get better
and not sit around. If the Lakers stood pat this off-season, their 3-peat chances are slim. Please
come back with something to contribute or stay the fuck away from the thread.

This is a FORUM, things are DISCUSSED here. Me and the others are DISCUSSING.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
xtreme_s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
xtreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xtreme_s14
Quote:
You want to put a little wager that LA will be making moves? If they're so good the way they are, they won't
make any moves this off-season.
If Lakers are going to make any adjustments, 2010-2011 season is definitely the season to do it. With the abundant amount of free agents and likelihood of them going to another team, this would be the perfect opportunity to find a well balanced chemistry between teammates; as all other teams will be too. There's so many improvements that Lakers could do, but I'd be on the computer for about an hour listing all of them.

As far as getting a new Laker PG, I totally agree, but disagree at the same time. The "trifecta" is great as is (Fisher, Kobe, and Gasol), but having an actual PG to facilitate rather than Kobe would take a load off of Kobe's shoulders. I still believe Shannon Brown could be great as a PG. (If he improved his midrange game, play/decision making skills)
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #16
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme_s14 View Post
If Lakers are going to make any adjustments, 2010-2011 season is definitely the season to do it. With the abundant amount of free agents and likelihood of them going to another team, this would be the perfect opportunity to find a well balanced chemistry between teammates; as all other teams will be too. There's so many improvements that Lakers could do, but I'd be on the computer for about an hour listing all of them.

As far as getting a new Laker PG, I totally agree, but disagree at the same time. The "trifecta" is great as is (Fisher, Kobe, and Gasol), but having an actual PG to facilitate rather than Kobe would take a load off of Kobe's shoulders. I still believe Shannon Brown could be great as a PG. (If he improved his midrange game, play/decision making skills)
No, the Lakers are good enough as they are, you should take a chill pill and enjoy the time off lol...

I agree, the amount of available free agents during this off-season will cause plenty of talk and
negotiations. The thing with Brown is he is not a great defender. Our biggest weakness is defense
at the PG position. They need a defensive minded PG, and I like Raymond Felton and Steve Blake.
Hinrich would be the perfect fit, but he'll be hard to obtain because of his contract. Raja Bell is now
being rumored to be wanting to go to LA.

Rumored players: TMac, Mike Miller, Javaris Crittenton, Raja Bell
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #17
gzer750
Zilvia Member

go take more pics next to chick hearn with your receding hairline.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
gzer750
Zilvia Member

if it aint broke, dont fix it.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
go take more pics next to chick hearn with your receding hairline.
Oh haaaaaay. *waves*
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
if it aint broke, dont fix it.
The only reason LA is able to stay on top is because they are always making changes to improve the team. There are obvious problems with the team right now that have been noted throughout the season.

Those are not going to go away because they won a championship.

If they didn't do something to fix there holes others will capitalize on it next year, especially considering they're in the West.

BTW, I hate LA. But I also respect the enemy.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #21
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

The Lakers are in hot pursuit of Raja Bell. I want him on the team. The dude can defend and has a nice
3-pt shot. Artest and Bell can concentrate on the defense while Kobe remains a roamer, and can save
his energy on the offensive end.

Quote:
The Lakers are interested in signing free agent forward Raja Bell, according to a team source.
Source: Los Angeles Lakers interested in Raja Bell - ESPN Los Angeles

Quote:
The only reason LA is able to stay on top is because they are always making changes to improve the team. There are obvious problems with the team right now that have been noted throughout the season.

Those are not going to go away because they won a championship.

If they didn't do something to fix there holes others will capitalize on it next year, especially considering they're in the West.

BTW, I hate LA. But I also respect the enemy.
Exactly. Championship teams ALWAYS try to get better.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #22
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
any other news regarding something besides the lakers?
maggette to the bucks today.
they could've used him against the hawks..
wouldve come in handy
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #23
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
If you had any basketball knowledge at all, you'd know that championship teams try to get better
and not sit around. If the Lakers stood pat this off-season, their 3-peat chances are slim. Please
come back with something to contribute or stay the fuck away from the thread.

This is a FORUM, things are DISCUSSED here. Me and the others are DISCUSSING.
thats true in almost any sport, not just basketball. Anyways, new PG, beef up the bench and we're going for a 3peat

-Jorge
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #24
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
any other news regarding something besides the lakers?
maggette to the bucks today.
they could've used him against the hawks..
wouldve come in handy
How?
Maggette is all offense and no defense. His presence would severely cripple the development of Brandon Jennings due to the amount of time he generally has the ball in his own hands.
Maggette is not a winner, he's like Vince Carter with even less unearned respect

And I write too!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #25
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Draft tonight.

Does anyone care? lol

Free Agency has overshadowed this one
Old 06-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
sorry laker fans, hinrich ain't coming to you...yet.

AP source: Bulls agree to send Hinrich to Wizards - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

xquizitditz
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
How?
Maggette is all offense and no defense. His presence would severely cripple the development of Brandon Jennings due to the amount of time he generally has the ball in his own hands.
Maggette is not a winner, he's like Vince Carter with even less unearned respect
nope it wouldnt.
steph curry was developing just fine.

i hope miami trades beasley
-disappointed fan.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:57 AM   #28
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Don't worry, Beasley is going to be outta here quicker than Elian, lol.

Did you guys see this news?

Miami Heat trade Daequan Cook, 18th pick to Oklahoma City Thunder - ESPN

The Heat now has cap room for 3 MAX contracts.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 AM   #29
Gnnr
Post Whore!

We just drafted this big, beefy center (on the right)

Dexter Pittmann 6'10 290lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCZryTYGp6E

Can't wait to see how he turns out for us
Old 06-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #30
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^^ thats definitely a solid pick up for miami.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Closed Thread