Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #61
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
This Just In

ESPN reporting that Phil Jackson has announced he WILL return to coach the Lakers
Nice 3 peat lol jk...hey you never know but
This season is going to be really interesting new young players can't wait for the season to begin, I wounder where Lebron is going!!!!!!!!

Clippers? lol

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #62
Strider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Strider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was hoping Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay went to the Clippers then they would have had a solid starting 5. Imagine, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay, Blake Griffen and Chris Kaman! Omg! That team would be so tough!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #63
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
I was hoping Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay went to the Clippers then they would have had a solid starting 5. Imagine, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay, Blake Griffen and Chris Kaman! Omg! That team would be so tough!
No it wouldn't because 3 out of the 5 will end up getting hurt.

Joe Johnson is getting the max contract from Atlanta. So most likely he's staying there.

Rudy Gay to the Clippers sounds more believable.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #64
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Rudy Gay is staying with the Grizzlies.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #65
Strider
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
Rudy Gay is staying with the Grizzlies.
Yah, I just read that too. There goes my hopes! I was really hoping we picked up some FA this off season.

Still trying to figure out why Richard Jefferson opted out.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #66
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Yah, I just read that too. There goes my hopes! I was really hoping we picked up some FA this off season.

Still trying to figure out why Richard Jefferson opted out.
my theory:
are the spurs really gonna win a championship?? if their window was closing for the past two or so years then by now i think its closed shut .
and jefferson isnt the player he once was..he's in decline and his with his team out of the hunt what else is left for him to do?
with that in my i think he's jumping ship, cuz didnt he skip out on 15 million?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #67
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
richard jefferson is still pretty badass, but i do believe spurs are done for a while..wassup with Manu G.?

-Jorge
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #68
Strider
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
my theory:
are the spurs really gonna win a championship?? if their window was closing for the past two or so years then by now i think its closed shut .
and jefferson isnt the player he once was..he's in decline and his with his team out of the hunt what else is left for him to do?
with that in my i think he's jumping ship, cuz didnt he skip out on 15 million?
Yes, he's leaving a lot on the table that's why no one understands exactly what he is doing. Some people speculate that he's doing this just to jump ship to a contender and some believe he's doing this to help out the Spurs. By that I mean, he renegotiates his contract for something lower so they can add new pieces. We'll just have to wait and see though.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #69
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
From Chris Bosh's official twitter

"Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing..."

Oy, this isn't good for my health.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #70
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Michael Wilbon says it best so far:
washingtonpost.com

And I write too!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #71
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #72
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Pierce staying with the celtics.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #73
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
LeBron has said that he will make his decision by Monday. I heard it on ESPN. I'm glad he's making his decision
soon because I don't wanna hear about it anymore.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #74
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
LeBron has said that he will make his decision by Monday. I heard it on ESPN. I'm glad he's making his decision
now they're saying that might not be true, but the bulls want an answer ASAP. the LeBron drama continues...

-knicks to offer 5 years 100 mil to amar'e????????????

didn't they learn their lesson with allan houston and health issues??

xquizitditz
Old 07-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #75
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

so amar'e is not returning to phx.
they signed hakim warrick & re-signed frye.

celtics pursuing david lee.
i think they need him to stay relevant/contenders.
they need young guys.
since rasheed wallace retired they have more money to play with..
Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #76
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
now they're saying that might not be true, but the bulls want an answer ASAP. the LeBron drama continues...

-knicks to offer 5 years 100 mil to amar'e????????????

didn't they learn their lesson with allan houston and health issues??
The Knicks are the only ones in a desperate situation (well, Clippers and Cavs too) so they are looking the other way when on his health. But it is being said that the Suns had provisions in the new contract regarding Stoudemire's health as an insurance for them, and I guess he didn't like that. Negotiations ended on a bitter note on Tuesday.

If they do get him (its still all buzz right now) I'd say bravo to them, atleast they produced somebody for their fanbase that they have been teasing for 2 years!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #77
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
The Lakers have signed PG Steve Blake to a 4-year deal worth roughly $16mil. Blake’s a career 39% 3pt shooter, which the Lakers desperately needed. Look at it this way though, they repeated with no legit 3pt shooter. Now they have one…

They gave Mike Miller ‘til midnight last night and he didn’t say anything. The Lakers sign Blake today. They don’t play around.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #78
Gnnr
Post Whore!

If Wade, Bosh and Lebron are truly buddy buddies these is how I view the following scenarios.

If Wade left to Chicago and was joined by LBJ, they would basically be putting their buddy Bosh out to hang....which is messed up if they're truly "buddies", especially on Wades part for being two faced with Bosh (see pic above) and the Heat organization (and fans).

If Wade left to Chicago and was joined by Bosh, same thing. LBJ would be left out to pasture. There's no where LBJ could go that could compete with that. Since Chicago does not have money for 3 max contracts they can't just invite LBJ to come along like in the Miami dream scenario.

It would work out well for all three if Wade and Bosh where together in Miami and LeBron decided to go to Chicago and possibly get joined by another top FA. But if Bosh and Wade teamed up in Miami, I think that would put the pressure on LeBron to come as he would not want to have to go up against that duo in the ECF playoffs (if you can't beat 'em join 'em?).

The two giving the most misdirection are Bosh and Wade. They are doing a good job of toying with the media and everyone watching. LBJ seems to be the only civil one in the whole ordeal in that respect, what a surprise.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #79
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Lets shift our focus to another FA for a moment.

Ray Allen.

I really like this guys style of playing. He is a solid player and shooter. Great at the foul line. Can anyone figure out what happened at then end there in the playoffs (Boston hate aside)? Is it age, fatigue, was he just really really off???

When he broke the record of 3-points in a playoff game, at that moment, wouldn't you have wanted him on your team? I think some teams may make him a very attractive offer and he may not go back to Boston, depending how things line up in this off season.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #80
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Lets shift our focus to another FA for a moment.

Ray Allen.

I really like this guys style of playing. He is a solid player and shooter. Great at the foul line. Can anyone figure out what happened at then end there in the playoffs (Boston hate aside)? Is it age, fatigue, was he just really really off???

When he broke the record of 3-points in a playoff game, at that moment, wouldn't you have wanted him on your team? I think some teams may make him a very attractive offer and he may not go back to Boston, depending how things line up in this off season.
A combination of age, fatigue and miles on the chassis, as mentioned in one of these basketball threads here this week.
Ray Allen blew a LOT of his years in Seattle with no chance of winning, and spent his twilight years in Boston. That record night was the example of how damn near everyone can have that one night, that night was his.
He has had surgery on at least one of, if not both of his ankles. He can't exactly create his own shot anymore -- instead needs to be run off of a bunch of screens -- and the time he spent in Seattle being a scorer and not a winner has upped his pricetag considerably. When compared to other options without an expiration date that is so close, he is less desirable unless on a team that has a system and only needs a shooter. Defense and such will be an issue, keeping one of these young bucks in front of him.

And I write too!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #81
non-stop rps13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
non-stop rps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to non-stop rps13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
hahaha true! Lakers 3 peat again with the odds against them as usual.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #82
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
miami is persuing AI. he should hold on until the big 3 makes decision. his only chance to win a championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIjA6H7u70
the man is woking hard. he ain't done , yet!

nyk getting amare on a max. sigh, looks like another season gone.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #83
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

apparently chicago is daring lebron to "fill michael jordan's shoes"
why would you throw the legacy of the GOAT around like that?
i know they really want lebron but challenging him to be like mike?
thats not classy.
wade pointed it out first, chicago shows no loyalty to its former players.
now if lebron does go there he'll b in jordan's shadow.

i still think he's staying in cleveland.
now they got byron scott, someone who will COACH and not be buddies with lebron
if they can keep & add the right pieces they can win a title.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #84
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Personally, I think LBJ should give Cleveland a year or 2. Sign for a max deal for that amount of time to give Cleveland another shot for a title. Hell, bring Shaq and Jameson for another shot too. K, maybe not Shaq, but atleast bring another decent Center that is more mobile than a fucking log.

Maybe just maybe Byron Scott can coach them to a title...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #85
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Got my issues today:

Old 07-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #86
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
miami is persuing AI. he should hold on until the big 3 makes decision. his only chance to win a championship.
Where did you read that? Last I checked those where just rumors started by fans that wanted to see him back.

Dirk Nowitzki agrees to 4yr deal with Mavs

Sources: Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks agree to four-year deal - ESPN Dallas

Quote:
The deal, sources said, is worth at least $80 million and includes a no-trade clause, with Nowitzki making good on a longstanding offer to Cuban to take less than the maximum $96.2 million he could have received over the next four seasons in exchange for assurances that the Mavericks will use that financial flexibility to ramp up their efforts to acquire a top-tier sidekick.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #87
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

right right...

Memphis Grizzlies chase Allen Iverson but think Miami Heat lead race - ESPN

Allen Iverson Is The "Answer" For The Miami Heat | Bleacher Report

On the Beat: Miami Heat

SLAM ONLINE | Report: Miami Enters the Iverson Derby

Allen Iverson, Miami*Heat make for good match - Chris Mannix - SI.com

these fans spread like aids.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #88
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Thanks for the links. Very doubtful its going to happen though. I don't see how he would fit well unless he swallows his ego/pride...its a gamble with his history, just look at his last few stints.

After seeing the ESPN 30 for 30 on Iverson I've come to understand him better though and sympathize with what he's had to endure. It seems like he means well but sometimes he becomes his own worst enemy at times. Sometimes he is just a victim of the media. I wish him well though.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #89
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Thanks for the links. Very doubtful its going to happen though. I don't see how he would fit well unless he swallows his ego/pride...its a gamble with his history, just look at his last few stints.
Let us not forget that as a manager of egos, Pat Riley is among the best, with 5 rings in LA himself (more on why that matters soon).
With anyone in this fold, they WILL be in line or heads will roll, they should know that before they come in the door. Iverson might pull the "retirement" thing again if things don't go his way... His Reebok deal is a lifetime one that pays him 5mil every year that he is in the league, I think he is hanging around more for that than any big contract or even a championship.
If he could piggyback on one at the veteran's minimum AND get a ring?
Quote:
After seeing the ESPN 30 for 30 on Iverson I've come to understand him better though and sympathize with what he's had to endure. It seems like he means well but sometimes he becomes his own worst enemy at times. Sometimes he is just a victim of the media. I wish him well though.
Stephen A. opined that Iverson's issues comes from the fact that his hangers on are basically just enablers that do not question him.
And we all know how on the hook Screamin' A has always been for AI.

Now, back to Riley...
If The Heat land more than one of these free agents, you can kill Erik Spoelstra's ass goodbye as coach. As hard-nosed as Riley is as a coach and effective at it, he is an asshole and a ring-hound. It was fucked up the way he used the media to get Van Gundy off his bench just in time to win a championship with Van Gundy's players.
Erik Spoelstra is NOT Van Gundy, so he is a dead man walking.

And I write too!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #90
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Defense and such will be an issue, keeping one of these young bucks in front of him.
I thought he did good defending Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Let us not forget that as a manager of egos, Pat Riley is among the best, with 5 rings in LA himself (more on why that matters soon)
I don't mean ego as in getting along, I mean that he has to know coming in that he wont be the primary man and will be in a secondary roll, not starting. If he's down for that I have no problem with it.

FA Update
Joe Johnson is going to stay with the Hawks. $119mil is hard to pass up.

With all this superstar money being tossed at non-super status players, I think a lockout is inevitable.

NBA free agency: Looming lockout playing big role - ESPN