Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #121
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
When are the new alpine units suppose to come in?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #122
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstatus View Post
When are the new alpine units suppose to come in?
They will be trickling in throughout the next three months. I already have the CDE-133BT, CDE-136BT and the CDE-134HD in stock. I was waiting for a couple more models to be released before I started a new vendor for sale thread. But feel free to PM if you want to buy one of those models.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #123
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Sorry, I have no idea... never looked into it.

You do realize I gave up my secret a couple posts back.... even free of charge

Yes I do and for that I thank you. Secret secrets are no fun unless they are for everyone.
killer skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #124
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
You do realize I gave up my secret a couple posts back.... even free of charge
lol i spent about 3 hours searching for it (found it aswell), should of just waited

for the wears wally fans out there it was on the blog in an answer to a comment on one of the s13 gauge clusters :P
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #125
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
toby
in your engine bay you used normal "bondo" over the bare metal areas correct?
what did you use or recommend using over areas that still have paint but are just sanded down?

thanks.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #126
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
lol i spent about 3 hours searching for it (found it aswell), should of just waited

for the wears wally fans out there it was on the blog in an answer to a comment on one of the s13 gauge clusters :P
I'm impressed!... hell, I didn't even know where I posted it. For that I will give you 20% off any one single item I carry if you ever need to buy something from me. Custom work does not apply though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titopr06 View Post
toby
in your engine bay you used normal "bondo" over the bare metal areas correct?
what did you use or recommend using over areas that still have paint but are just sanded down?

thanks.
Yes, I used filler over the bare metal.

You don't need anything over the areas that are painted. You would simply primer it with everything else.

Or do you have a dent or something that you need to fill? If so then you would want to sand the area down to bare metal then apply the filler to bare metal.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #127
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
thanks toby.

its a small dent that i need to fill. ill just sand down to metal and go from there.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #128
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by titopr06 View Post
thanks toby.

its a small dent that i need to fill. ill just sand down to metal and go from there.
Yep, just remember you don't want filler touching paint. So once you sand down the filler you should have a ring of bare metal around the filler. Once your filler, metal and original paint are all feathered together up to 320 grit, you will apply etch primer to the bare metal. It's obviously ok to get the etch primer onto the filler and surrounding original paint. Just make sure any surface that the etch primer goes onto is prepped up to 320 grit and/or red scuff pad.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #129
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have a question for you Mr Braofield.......

What is your opinion of this?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #130
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I have a question for you Mr Braofield.......

What is your opinion of this?
Hey Scott, I'm not sure if you meant to spell my last name wrong, but it's hilarious of you did. Kyle, Damon and I get a laugh out of how many people spell my name wrong and get my first name wrong to-boot. So in emails between us we are always purposely spelling my name wrong: Tony Bradford, Toby Bradfield, Toby Bordfeild, Mr Braofield.... you get the idea

So on to your question,

I'm actually going to place a lot of importance on how the intake setup appears visually in my bay. I think the intake can make or break the bay's overall vibe. It's actually the only reason I went with a tucked radiator... gives me around 2-3 more inches of forward clearance for the intake. I will most likely do something simple like what you have just to get the car on the street and enjoy it hopefully this year. I will then switch it over to a full XRP clamshell setup at the throttle body.... because why not! I also have another idea up my sleeve to go along with the clamshell portion of it... but I don't want to indulge into that until I can test fit and see what it looks like.

But yeah, I think what you got going looks perfectly acceptable for what you have to work with. It's not like you really have many options with that monster radiator:
  • Quality silicone elbow... Check!
  • Mandrel bent aluminum piping... Check!
  • T-bolts... Check!
You are good to go.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #131
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
When you were running your gt30 turbo what mods if any did you do to the turbo. I remember u telling me that you ran an Aem wide band taped it to the top of the manifold, is this correct.

Hey i totaly forgot, how much for some top mount turbo lines?

Last edited by lewisfk; 03-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: turbo lines
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #132
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Lol sorry Toby. Damn iPad autocorrects to the dumbest words. Apparently it didn't like your name and I didn't spell check. I was more or less wondering if you liked the valve cover color of choice with the scheme of the car.

I would ultimately love to tube the front end, move radiator forward and lower and run a straight intake over the radiator. You gain the most power and I think they look awesome. Clamshell intake? I didn't know they came in 4"! I would like to do something like that on my next "version".
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #133
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'm really not familiar with alarms so i thought i would come here and ask if this is worth it

its a some random alarm system that a local place that has for 69 installed

i found it online for around 40 by itself

Car Stereo Installation in Wilmington California Monster Car Stereo.

or what are some better options for car security?

i live in socal and too many cars are being reported stolen
Old 03-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #134
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
When you were running your gt30 turbo what mods if any did you do to the turbo. I remember u telling me that you ran an Aem wide band taped it to the top of the manifold, is this correct.

Hey i totaly forgot, how much for some top mount turbo lines?
I did didn't do any mods except for polish the compressor housing. I'm not sure what you are referring to on the whole AEM thing!?! The only thing I had tapped into the manifold was an EGT probe for my Defi gauge.

As for turbo lines, do you mean you want to assemble them yourself from XRP product? You would need to give me a list of XRP fittings you want(part #'s), the hose you want... type, size and length(part #'s) and then I can shoot you a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Lol sorry Toby. Damn iPad autocorrects to the dumbest words. Apparently it didn't like your name and I didn't spell check. I was more or less wondering if you liked the valve cover color of choice with the scheme of the car.

I would ultimately love to tube the front end, move radiator forward and lower and run a straight intake over the radiator. You gain the most power and I think they look awesome. Clamshell intake? I didn't know they came in 4"! I would like to do something like that on my next "version".
I got you... I saw you had already posted up the valve covers on some other thread or maybe your build thread a week or so ago, so I assumed you were referring to the intake since that's the first I have seen of it. Yes, color scheme looks good! I'm glad you took my advice on the white valve covers and no green accents. Like I have said before, white is always a color choice for my covers... although I have a killer color idea on the back burner.

Yes, XRP makes the clamshell in the following: -8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 48, 56 and 64.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #135
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
I'm really not familiar with alarms so i thought i would come here and ask if this is worth it

its a some random alarm system that a local place that has for 69 installed

i found it online for around 40 by itself

Car Stereo Installation in Wilmington California Monster Car Stereo.

or what are some better options for car security?

i live in socal and too many cars are being reported stolen

Wow, that's some really cheap garbage. There's just no way they can do that for $69 installed even with how cheap the unit is. There has to be some sort of catch or hidden charges. Or they are just banking on you being a return customer. It looks like they mostly carry REALLY cheap no name brands. However, I see in one of their pictures they have some Viper product. Call them up and ask how much a Viper 3303V is and how much to install it in your car. Get a final price out the door. Places like this and even Best Buy like to give you a "basic" install price when you ask how much for install. Of course the basic install doesn't really apply to any vehicles out there so there's always additional/hidden charges when you come to pick the vehicle up. Do they have a lifetime warranty on their install? Ask as many questions as possible. Don't get caught up in if their installers are MECP certified... doesn't mean anything in the end. I have seen plenty of MECP certified installers that were horrible and plenty of non-MECP certified installers that were masters at their job. For what it's worth, I am not MECP certified.

Otherwise I'm going to highly recommend buying a product from me!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #136
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Wow, that's some really cheap garbage. There's just no way they can do that for $69 installed even with how cheap the unit is. There has to be some sort of catch or hidden charges. Or they are just banking on you being a return customer. It looks like they mostly carry REALLY cheap no name brands. However, I see in one of their pictures they have some Viper product. Call them up and ask how much a Viper 3303V is and how much to install it in your car. Get a final price out the door. Places like this and even Best Buy like to give you a "basic" install price when you ask how much for install. Of course the basic install doesn't really apply to any vehicles out there so there's always additional/hidden charges when you come to pick the vehicle up. Do they have a lifetime warranty on their install? Ask as many questions as possible. Don't get caught up in if their installers are MECP certified... doesn't mean anything in the end. I have seen plenty of MECP certified installers that were horrible and plenty of non-MECP certified installers that were masters at their job. For what it's worth, I am not MECP certified.

Otherwise I'm going to highly recommend buying a product from me!
i would come to you but your like on the other side of the world !

looks like tonight is going to consists of a lot of research lol
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #137
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
i would come to you but your like on the other side of the world !

looks like tonight is going to consists of a lot of research lol
I wasn't implying you come to me and buy the stuff. I was implying you buy the stuff from me and I ship it to you

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #138
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Broadfield, should I bag my Nissan pickup, or get some nice wheels for the 240?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #139
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertheless View Post
Broadfield, should I bag my Nissan pickup, or get some nice wheels for the 240?
Is this a trick question!?!

I would need to see good pictures of both in order to make the call.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #140
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Ok Mr. Broadfield:

I have my S14 SR20DET leftover from when my car was totalled in Oct 2010, so this question follows suit with that.

Should I pick up a 95, turn it into a kouki and be able to pass smog, or pick up a 97-98 and figure out how I will pass smog? The smog resources are available, but I'm looking at the long road here. What do you think?

This is located in Las Vegas obviously, and we aren't as fucked as California.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #141
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Is this a trick question!?!

I would need to see good pictures of both in order to make the call.
240 will be Flakey champagne gold next month

Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #142
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
broadfield,

if i were to port this box where at on it would the port be at best and how big diameter on the hole?

thanks
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #143
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
Ok Mr. Broadfield:

I have my S14 SR20DET leftover from when my car was totalled in Oct 2010, so this question follows suit with that.

Should I pick up a 95, turn it into a kouki and be able to pass smog, or pick up a 97-98 and figure out how I will pass smog? The smog resources are available, but I'm looking at the long road here. What do you think?

This is located in Las Vegas obviously, and we aren't as fucked as California.
What is smog? But seriously, we have nothing like that here, so I'm not the guy to ask. But from a vehicle standpoint I would buy the newer Kouki. It will have less wear and tear, less mileage and so on... and it will already have the front end that you want in the end anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertheless View Post
240 will be Flakey champagne gold next month
Christ, what do you want me to say!?!

If it was me, I would ditch the 240 completely and put an SR in the truck... and bag it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
broadfield,

if i were to port this box where at on it would the port be at best and how big diameter on the hole?

thanks
DO NOT put a port in that box. It was never meant to be a ported box, which means its internal volume is not enough to become a "good" ported box. You would need to build a new box that is the correct volume, correct port length and correct port diameter. All of those go hand-in-hand.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 03-21-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #144
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I'm impressed!... hell, I didn't even know where I posted it. For that I will give you 20% off any one single item I carry if you ever need to buy something from me. Custom work does not apply though.
why thank you, I may well take you up on that offer
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #145
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

i got another question before i buy an alarm

i narrowed it down to the two cheapest alarms i could find

i just need it to make some noise when someone touches it.

and i plan on pretty much doing what my man right here did

Simple car alarm install - YouTube

here is the one in the video
Amazon.com: Crimestopper SP-101 Deluxe 1-Way Alarm and Keyless Entry System: Automotive

here is my question is it the same basic concept with this one?
Amazon.com: XO Vision DX370 Universal Car Alarm System with Two 4-Button Remotes: Car Electronics
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #146
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
i got another question before i buy an alarm

i narrowed it down to the two cheapest alarms i could find

i just need it to make some noise when someone touches it.
Please read post # 78

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/4...ml#post4545237

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #147
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

understood. kind of forgot you got a business, thanks though man!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #148
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
understood. kind of forgot you got a business, thanks though man!
Yeah, my sig kind of gives it away

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #149
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

where do you usually find your harley turn signals for you custom clusters (feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #150
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
broadfield what kind of sub box is perfect for s13 coupe?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote