Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Subaru BRZ = 240sx Successor

Looks like we have a solid successor to the 240sx chassis in 10 years when they come down on price.

2012 MAX ORIDO D1GP NEW MACHINE TOYOTA V8 86 SHAKEDOWN - YouTube

Yes Please!!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Zilmatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not really a successor just cause its a entry level JDM RWD car...
Zilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
240sx successor?? did you forget the ae86 lol
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well Toyota / Subaru chassis. I wish Nissan would answer the call.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow.. another v8 high HP drift machine based on an anemic factory car..

what's next, a v8 powered RWD fiat 500?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Nissan will revive the Silvia if the BRZ/FR-S does well. I can almost guarentee it. I've been telling all my friends who own Subarus / Toyotas to trade in their current car for one when they release...
Old 04-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

^ Possibly if the economy and market for these kinda cars get better.... hopefully they wont fuck it up like what mazda did with the rx-8
Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Why does everyone go Gaga over the BRZ and not the FRS? Subaru has done well their their marketing.

A true "240sx" successor would be a car that sells extremely well (in large volumes) but then a few years latter prices drop to the floor. I don't see the FRZ selling in great volumes or even sustaining multiple generations (I hope they do however).

The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.

FRZ is $25k, while its a great car, is it $15k greater than my Z? Is it worth $500 a month to me? Not really, and most 240sx owners are bigger broke asses then even me.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I feel sorry for this car already, its had its heard ripped out, given a fat ass, and now the Devil of all Drifters is going to tear it a new asshole and smash its body into every bit of concrete it comes near... This is how we feel about your car Subaru!
Oh and the EVO is still better... naner naner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
what's next, a v8 powered RWD fiat 500?
Or a GTR powered Juke... yeah!!! Nissan does kick ass!!
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Too bad it is ugly.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I can sort of see it...Comparing technically it's very similar to the 240sx more than the z33.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you know there is more to life than the 240sx.
who cares what the sucessor is, just appreciate the car for what it is.

a lot of 240 owners (on this site at least) aren't just broke, they're never happy with any new car, always have something to whine about.
It's absolutely depressing to come on here and see threads like this.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
No the stupid v8 America bullshit has hit the mother land..no! At least revive the 2j ..Its been proven..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
No the stupid v8 America bullshit has hit the mother land..no! At least revive the 2j ..Its been proven..
Yes, cause V8s are not.

I'm sure that V8 weighs less and makes more power than most 2Js, all the while not suffering form turbo lag and heat issues. That is why V8s are dominating in professional drifting.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
sr20comic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
sr20comic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Its been announced that Nissan is developing an s16 concept. It's happening
sr20comic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

^ It hasnt been announced its just a rumor.... I wouldnt count on it
Old 04-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
^^ seriously... It's hard for me to get even a wiggle down there from this, cus after all it's just another v8 powered drift missile, would be way cooler if they had just upgraded on the existing platform or swapped for a 6 cylinder turbo

As for the car itself, I hope they do well, can't see why they wouldn't aside from the shitty economy and rising gas prices, but hey hopefully there are enough spoiled rich high school and college kids, young professionals, and avid Subaru enthusiasts... As far as the FRS I can already see the Honda boys and scion boys fucking it all up and making them all lame
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #19
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yes, cause V8s are not.

I'm sure that V8 weighs less and makes more power than most 2Js, all the while not suffering form turbo lag and heat issues. That is why V8s are dominating in professional drifting.
Reason why their domination is bc everyone's using them...popularity in numbers thats all...
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
RB25 ZENKI
Leaky Injector

RB25 ZENKI is an unknown quantity at this point
is it just me or is the brz ugly as hell! and how can it be its "successor"? the s chassis is and always will be one of the best cars to drift.
RB25 ZENKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Reason why their domination is bc everyone's using them...popularity in numbers thats all...
Things are popular for a reason. V8s are popular because they are inexpensive, compact, simple and make shit tons of power. They also make that power right off idle, meaning when you lift off the gas and hit the throttle again there is no turbo lag. This is crucial when trying to do tandems and keep a perfect line.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Things are popular for a reason. V8s are popular because they are inexpensive, compact, simple and make shit tons of power. They also make that power right off idle, meaning when you lift off the gas and hit the throttle again there is no turbo lag. This is crucial when trying to do tandems and keep a perfect line.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Pushrods, Apple Pie, and Brunettes.

What else do ya need in life.

Ok, maybe Monster Trucks.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.

FRZ is $25k, while its a great car, is it $15k greater than my Z? Is it worth $500 a month to me? Not really, and most 240sx owners are bigger broke asses then even me.
This. All of it. It's like Nissan realized most of us would just rip out the backseats anyway & saved us the trouble. Oh, you still want backseats? G35 Coupe. Oh, you're getting more mature but still wanna get your hoon on? G35 Sedan 6mt. Their performance specs are all reasonably enough close enough to make me happy.

At this point, I couldn't care less about a 240sx successor. Now, a successor to the Silvia? That's a different story. The Genesis is the closest right now. It would be great if it lost a lot of weight when the next gen comes out. I might consider straying when the 2013+ Genesis coupe 2.0T gets cheaper.

Until the new FR-S/BRZ is offered with some factory boost , it's not even on my bang for your buck radar. And no, I do not want a TRD supercharger...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Too bad it is ugly.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
what a sweet ride, i'd totally take one of those over a z33 and ten grand in my pocket
Old 04-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
NIssan has to cut this juke-r crap and just make a new silvia. At least that 86 has a toyota v8, that actually sounds better than the typical LS. But yeah I cant wait for someone to throw a 2j in there.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #27
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
revive the 2jz? I think they tried with the sc300 but it was NA. Also the IS300 & GS300 which are also NA and weigh a shit ton.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #28
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
revive the 2jz? I think they tried with the sc300 but it was NA. Also the IS300 & GS300 which are also NA and weigh a shit ton.
the sc300 started production before the mkiv supra
Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
Catch240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Catch240 is on the path to ruinCatch240 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Pushrods, Apple Pie, and Brunettes.

Ok, maybe Monster Trucks.
truth...

I agree that the 350z = 240sx successor...shit ton of them out there and you can get one for 10k.
Catch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Solid Pivots, Cherry Pie, and Red Heads

Ok, maybe Trophy Trucks.
Corrected this for you...
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote