Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #31
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch240 View Post
truth...

I agree that the 350z = 240sx successor...shit ton of them out there and you can get one for 10k.
pretty sure the Z is the 300Z's successor
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #32
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
What is a 300Z?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #33
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
get off the drift craze. just about everything is anythings successor. lmao
Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
get off the drift craze. just about everything is anythings successor. lmao
Seriously I dunno anyone in their right mind that would go out and buy a brand new car and do something as stupid as drifting with it. Such a pointless way to fuck up a nice car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #35
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlz View Post
NIssan has to cut this juke-r crap and just make a new silvia.
As a correction, Nissan had nothing to do with the Juke-R and was actually against it. Company in Aussy land did everything to both Juke-Rs.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #36
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
As a correction, Nissan had nothing to do with the Juke-R and was actually against it. Company in Aussy land did everything to both Juke-Rs.
As a correction to the correction...Nissan of JAPAN had nothing to do with it. Nissan of Europe and RML Group crafted the vehicle. Just sayin
Old 04-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #37
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I thought it was absolutely hilarious that the Juke-R actually weighed MORE than the actually donor GTR... #lolpointlessfail
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #38
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
In terms of a car model name, yes.

If you look at the car's purpose and price, inexpensive performance car, it is very similar to a 240sx.

I believe new 240sx's were selling in the low to mid $20,000 in the 90s. If you adjust a growing economy and inflation, that is $30-35,000 in today's dollar. Z's have held their value much better after 10 years than a 240sx, but if you consider what your getting, a Z is a much better performer to a 240sx as well.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #39
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.
^^
This is absolutely true, I'm looking for one myself right now.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The Aston Martin V12 Vantage is the 240SX successor.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
nissan is releasing the new nissan s16 late this year, friend works for nissan, and theyve been told about it.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #42
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I thought it was absolutely hilarious that the Juke-R actually weighed MORE than the actually donor GTR... #lolpointlessfail
Both are pointless fat fails, but who am I to judge.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #43
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
nissan is releasing the new nissan s16 late this year, friend works for nissan, and theyve been told about it.
Bullshit.

Cars don't appear out of thin air.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #44
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is anyone holding on for a new 240? Fuck the s chassis. Nissan gave you the Z33, They can be had for cheap enough. I don't understand the fanboy obsession with the s chassis. It's been dead for a long time and there are a ton of other, better platforms for any kind of build you may be doing.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #45
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Q1 2015 new Silvia will emerge.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
Loling a whole bunch again.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #47
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.

True, get with this program.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #48
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
True, get with this program.
Don't inform them, then the z's will get turned into giant piles of shit moreso than is already happening at a shitty rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #49
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Who cares how the Z drives if I cannot see where I am going through the claustrophobic prison-sized windows.
Not only that, but I find the Z33 and Z34 to be quite repulsive in the looks department. Here is to hoping this will be a better decade for automotive styling, as the 00's brought about a terrible slump in my opinion. Although my hopes are not high.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #50
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
i disagree with the new ft-86 is new 240sx because i think most of drifter wanna be out there cannot afford one. i agree 350z is more similar in the category as a used one and parts are relatively affordable.
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
we shall see i suppose, id go for the brz fuck the frs
Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
lets not get Z and S mixed up. I know they are similar looking letters, but it ends THERE.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #53
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Who cares how the Z drives if I cannot see where I am going through the claustrophobic prison-sized windows.
Not only that, but I find the Z33 and Z34 to be quite repulsive in the looks department. Here is to hoping this will be a better decade for automotive styling, as the 00's brought about a terrible slump in my opinion. Although my hopes are not high.
Welcome to modern car safety. I doubt the BRZ is much better. Ever driven a TT?

The least safest car sold today is safer than the best of the best from 15 years ago. A 2012 Kia Rio will protect you better than a 1998 BMW 740il.

The reason modern cars have gun slit windows is to offer more side protection and an improvement in chassis structure.

Get used to the idea, its not going away anytime soon.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #54
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
lets not get Z and S mixed up. I know they are similar looking letters, but it ends THERE.
You have not spent much time around both, have you.

The Z, Skyline and Silvia have always shared a lot in common.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #55
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
You have not spent much time around both, have you.

The Z, Skyline and Silvia have always shared a lot in common.
And everything else RWD that the US is not good enough to get...ie Cefiros, Laurels, Glorias, etc...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point

My reply was in response to that mainly.
But, yeah they may share some small mechanical parts, but so to a ton of other car brands. But again, THAT is were it ends. A 240 will never be what a Z....(32) is!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #57
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I really want to see some derpa derp get a brz brand new then come and stuff it into a wall at an event this year and try to report it to their insurance
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #58
stylo1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stylo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
wow.. Another v8 high hp drift machine based on an anemic factory car..

What's next, a v8 powered rwd fiat 500?
i agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #59
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
lol this so much. the blind spots in z33s are literally blind spots. u can almost not even see out of them.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #60
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
S13, s14, s15, BRZ, FRS= pretty, light weight, 4 seater, rwd coupes. How the hell is a fugly Z in this conversation?
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote