Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #91
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Anybody know if these things got fly by wire throttles?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #92
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Throttle by Wire
Electric Steering
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #93
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Seriously, fuck Greddy, HKS, Toemi and Apexi. What the fuck have any of them really done in the last 15 years?

I have little doubt JE and Weisco will have pistons by X-mass for $400 a set.
I seriously think Apexi will be going under soon, if they haven't already, because they haven't produced anything worthwhile in quite some time. But HKS, Tomei, and Greddy have all produced great products in their history and relatively recent years as well. HKS is known for having one of the fastest Evo's out there, and also made one of the first forced induction kits for the 350z. HKS's prices have also seemed to go down since the past also. Greddy is one of the few companies that pursues Carb legality with MOST of their FI products, not to mention have made quite a big statement with their 1200hp GT-R and the GT-R aftermarket. They are also highly involved in many of the automotive communities and have thrown bbq's in the past to get to better know their customer base as well as find out what their customers want. Tomei's TI exhausts are very affordable compared to most other TI brands, not to mention they produce alot of newer parts as well

Quote:
I think drive by wire has become a standard item when it comes to newer cars nowadays, I can't recall the last car that I saw with a throttle cable new from the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #94
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Who the fuck do you think S14s were marketed towards?!?! Yep, USDM S-chassis were soooooo fucking sporty (sarcasm). You do realize that it was marketed towards older secretary/nurse/courgar types right?
You do realize the S14 also failed miserably right? Nissan could not even sell 3,000 cars in 1998.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #95
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Different times gentlemen. Different times.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #96
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 BRZ is all sold out for the year.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #97
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
You do realize the S14 also failed miserably right? Nissan could not even sell 3,000 cars in 1998.
I remember seeing brand new 1998 S14's on dealer lots well into 1999 and probably later than that.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #98
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
2013 BRZ is all sold out for the year.
Lies - source?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #99
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Lies - source?
If you didn't put down your deposit last month when pre-orders started you are assed out. I was waiting untill the price was anounced today to put my order in but every last dealership I've called from NC to Alabama says the same damn thing. Sold Out until next year.

Subaru BRZ Japanese Sales Shatter Companies Estimates | AutoGuide.com News

Early Subaru BRZ sales running at 4x projections in Japan
Old 04-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #100
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
and Nissan's response is ...
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #101
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
No shit Sherlock. You do realize they were almost $28k starting and nobody were buying sport cars around that time? Hence the reason every single high performance japanese niche cars were pulled out of the market starting 1995. Again, another reason why the damn cars were marketed towards cougars, only ones dumb enough to buy these cars back then.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #102
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/contents/pdf_en_78906.pdf

Quote:
Tokyo, March 28, 2012 – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, announced that cumulative sales of the new Subaru BRZ reached 3,551 units two months its introduction in Japan. This result, achieved between February 3rd and March 27th, is approximately quadruple the initial sales forecast*1 of 900 units for the period. The details are as follows.
*1 The monthly sales target for Subaru BRZ is 450 units.

1. Percentage of grade*2
*2 S: Highest grade with ample equipment for driving and comfort R: Standard model well-balancing comfort and fuel efficiency RA: Base model for user customization

S
78.4%
R
18.5%
RA
3.1%

2. Percentage of transmission
6MT
66.3%
E-6AT
33.7%

3. Percentage of exterior color
WR blue mica
33.9%
Dark gray metallic
6.3%
Satin white pearl
24.4%
Lighting red
6.1%
Galaxy blue silica
4.4%
Crystal black silica
16.5%
Sterling silver metallic
8.4%

4. Percentage of customer’s age
Under 29 27.5%
30-39
27.9%
40-49
23.3%
50-59
13.8%
60+
7.5%

Customers positive feedbacks are: fun to drive sports car, stable and reliable handling due to its ultra-low center of gravity packaging, excellent driveability that drivers can feel the improvement of their driving skills, and etc. The Subaru BRZ is highly acclaimed by wide range of customers as a fun sports car that any driver can enjoy driving with peace of mind.
http://wot.motortrend.com/hot-coupe-...ns-184309.html

Quote:
On our shores, the Subaru BRZ won’t go on sale until the end of April. However, Subaru spokesman Michael McHale says the company has already received much stronger response from customers than originally expected. There are over 1000 pre-orders for the 2013 BRZ — even though Subaru has yet to announce pricing for the car, or let members of the general public test-drive it.
McHale said that a wealth of positive reviews of the Subaru BRZ in the media has encouraged many enthusiasts to get in line for the newsportscoupe. Subaru will sell only about 500 copies of the BRZ here each month, or around 6000 cars per year.
This car is a hit and Nissan missed the boat.

After seeing the new Altima I have lost all faith in Nissan's styling choices.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #103
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
No shit Sherlock. You do realize they were almost $28k starting and nobody were buying sport cars around that time? Hence the reason every single high performance japanese niche cars were pulled out of the market starting 1995. Again, another reason why the damn cars were marketed towards cougars, only ones dumb enough to buy these cars back then.

I thought you just said it was a car for college girls and secretaries?

Base price was also $18,359 back then. MSRP on an Eclipse GS was around $17,xxx.

I'm not sure what you are bent out of shape about. You're made Nissan wasted its time making a Altima coupe instead of a S16 - it's simple, college girls don't want RWD sports cars, they want cute coupes.

Mini Cooper, tC, Beetle, Eclipse, Altima Coupe, Accord Coupe ect.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #104
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
If you didn't put down your deposit last month when pre-orders started you are assed out. I was waiting untill the price was anounced today to put my order in but every last dealership I've called from NC to Alabama says the same damn thing. Sold Out until next year.

Wow, more reason not to like the BRZ. God does Subaru have a PR machine. Just buy a FRS. Those articles are also Japan. I'm sure someone is lying to you.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #105
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Friend and I went down to dealership last weekend to check out the BRZ and it is pretty much sold out everywhere. No ETA for new orders either. They totally underestimated demand.

I mean, I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find one somewhere, but if I'm buying a new car I want it EXACTLY the way I want it. I'm not in that big of a rush.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #106
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah I would wait anyways, but Im glad they're doing well for now.
who knows what additional trims might be offered in the next few years.
might seriously look to finance this once my existing cars paid off.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #107
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Friend and I went down to dealership last weekend to check out the BRZ and it is pretty much sold out everywhere. No ETA for new orders either. They totally underestimated demand.

I mean, I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find one somewhere, but if I'm buying a new car I want it EXACTLY the way I want it. I'm not in that big of a rush.
Did you go to the Scion dealership?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #108
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post

You are correct sir
friend was one of the first people in Socal to put down a deposit for one
and has been obsessed with the damn thing to the point that he is driving all of us nuts
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #109
SoBay240guy
Zilvia Member

SoBay240guy is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't drive you nut you were already nuts

The CR shalln't need to be lowered for moderate boost, the DI does a magnificent job of combustion chamber cooling and raises the detonation threshold considerably

I have every confidence the car has some power on the table still 12.5:1 CR 2.0L with direct injection in 2012...unless the cams have no lift and duration the car has potential without turning screws...I'll know soon enough

for the rest of you try not to hate just cuz you missed the first boat, i'm sure you can still buy a FR-s and hang out in the shallow end of the pool...
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #110
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBay240guy View Post
for the rest of you try not to hate just cuz you missed the first boat, i'm sure you can still buy a FR-s and hang out in the shallow end of the pool...
Lol an elitist that doesn't even own the car yet? Now thats funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #111
SoBay240guy
Zilvia Member

SoBay240guy is an unknown quantity at this point
taking the bait like a boss....
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #113
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ken Gushi Formula Drift Streets of Long Beach 2012

KEN GUSHI During Round 1 Qualifying 1st run
Justin.tv - driftstream - KEN GUSHI During Formula Drift 2012 Round 1 Qualifying @ Long Beach California (1st run)

JEREMY LOWE vs KEN GUSHI During Top 32
Justin.tv - driftstream - JEREMY LOWE vs KEN GUSHI During Top 32 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California

KEN GUSHI vs AURIMAS BAKCHIS During Top 16
Justin.tv - driftstream - KEN GUSHI vs AURIMAS BAKCHIS During Top 16 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California

DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA vs KEN GUSHI During Great 8
part 1 Justin.tv - driftstream - DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA vs KEN GUSHI During Battle of The Great 8 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California (part 1) CRASH
part 2 Justin.tv - driftstream - DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA vs KEN GUSHI During Battle of The Great 8 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California (part 2)

yea it did pretty well yesterday for its first comp.

I went to both the subaru and scion dealer yesterday and both said they will only get 3 cars, subaru already had 10 preorders and scion had 6..
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #114
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
You are correct sir
friend was one of the first people in Socal to put down a deposit for one
and has been obsessed with the damn thing to the point that he is driving all of us nuts
I saw in a brz and frs around the local stealerships. The problem wasn't finding one for sale, it's the "market markup" that's added to the car, or additional goodies. For example a BRZ I saw at Costa Mesa Subaru had a 3k or maybe 4k markup. The salesman wanted to sell it to me then and there.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #115
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I saw the BR-Z markup. $5000 over sticker. I'll wait.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #116
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
It is also not unprecedented either. The original S30 did offer a 2.0 4-banger in Japan.
Weill most of what you posted in this thread has been spot on. This needs correcting. Seeing as the Original S30 was my first sports car and I owned a few. LOL .

The S30 was offered with a L18 SSS engine not a 2 liter 4.

It was also sold in the special for racing package Fairlady 432 of which 500 were built. Which came with a S20 engine which was a 2 liter dual overhead cam 6 with triple Solex carbs. 5 speed transmission and clutch pack limited slip rear end. G Nose front, with ducktail spoiler rear and overfenders (which would get the Jun style name slapped on them later when Jun made them for 240sx's)

As far as the 350Z falling into the new 240sx catagory you are spot on. To many current 240sx owners fail to realize that the 240sx was only popular in its first two years of existence.

It did not become a popular platform till after it was out of production. Hence why the 350z fits the bill so well.
The kind of people who went to the 240sx for autocross,drifting etc.. are not going to buy a new car.
They are going to look for an affordable used car that has potential platform wise.
Hence the 350z fits quite well. It can be tuned to handle quite well and yes it does like going sideways.

As far as the BRZ/FRS goes the jury is still out. Its still a little early in the game.
Though I will say that Nissan is watching this whole thing closely. Their decision will definitely be affected by BRZ/FRS sales figures.

I suspect from talk I have heard the first order of the day is to put the next iteration of the Z on even more of a diet. I can see a downsized Z coming out 2013-2014.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #117
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
got to ride in a brz yesterday. pearlish white.
was nice to ride in. I think the driver was a lil timid about it though. I would have went balls to the wall...but thats just me.
The thing that caught MY attention though was the engine compartment. My GOD does this thing look strait-forward and easy to work on. I could touch the top transmission bolts! I mean full on touch with no interference. I guess this is a big deal to me because I own a z32 and well let say you should keep a "little person" on the payroll if your gonna own one (lol). Id still buy the genesis coup over this though.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #118
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Ditto on the Genesis coupe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I suspect from talk I have heard the first order of the day is to put the next iteration of the Z on even more of a diet. I can see a downsized Z coming out 2013-2014.
The Z's price has been steadily ballooning. Weren't Z33 base models like around $26k when they first came out? Now base Z's are around $33k and the next gen is likely to continue that pricing increase trend. No longer can the Z be considered an entry level sports car. Rather than reviving the Silvia name, it would at least be nice if they offered the next Z with a 2.0T option for a base model while the range toppers continue with the current V6 tradition.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #119
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that the v6 will being going to the chopping block in favor of a turbo 4 cylinder for the next gen z. na high performance 6 cylinders have gone the way of the dodo.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #120
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
I think that the v6 will being going to the chopping block in favor of a turbo 4 cylinder for the next gen z. na high performance 6 cylinders have gone the way of the dodo.

Yeah... that is is why they are making more power than V8s from just 5 years ago while Turbo-4s are making the same power they did nearly 20 years ago..