Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2022, 09:29 PM   #1
S13..240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
S13..240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 ka24de Code 55

So I have a 95 s14 with a ka24de and i recently replaced/fixed some old parts that were causing the car to have a cel but now the car starts to have a cel go on and off randomly and i have been able to turn off the car when the cel light is on but when i read the codes all it gives is 55. I have read 55 is a "good code" and should go away after a few cycles but just curious on others opinions.

But again the only code is 55 and when driving it will turn on and off
S13..240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13..240sx View Post
i recently replaced/fixed some old parts that were causing the car to have a cel
what was the code before, and what did you replace?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:12 PM   #3
S13..240sx

Previously it had a knock sensor code, found that it had cracked so replaced it. then it had a maf code which also the top of it was slightly cracked so i replaced it. and then it gave me a fuel injection system code but i found that the o2 connector was not fully in all the way and had just pushed it in then it cleared that code but is giving me a 55. it’ll turn off and on and when i get it on i turn off the car to see the code and it just gives a 55 every time no other ones
Old 06-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #4
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the car is running fine, I'd just drive it more to see if the code becomes more consistent or goes away.

It may be something that needs more consistent driving through a full tank of gas like an evap code.

I'd also check if the constant battery voltage connection to the ECU is flaky, clearing the code by itself.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
S13..240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
If the car is running fine, I'd just drive it more to see if the code becomes more consistent or goes away.

It may be something that needs more consistent driving through a full tank of gas like an evap code.

I'd also check if the constant battery voltage connection to the ECU is flaky, clearing the code by itself.

Yea it's kinda odd the car drives fine, haven't had an issue motor wise with it. i did recently put fresh gas in it as it was low but haven't gotten time to drive it more as i still need to smog/register it. but best way to check the voltage on the ecu?