Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thumbs up PowerFC Tuning Setup Guide

Well I found another guide which is awesome for PowerFC, which seems like a system I will move towards next depending on my findings of my Emanage Blue in my next tuning run after I get my alternator back.

ULTIMATE Power FC guide - Skyline Owners Forum

Quote:
Unit Information
1. What does the unit do?
2. What cars is the PowerFC supported on?
3. What cars is the PowerFC not supported on?
4. What does the unit look like?
5. What are all the menus and functions on the unit??
6. Is there a menu roadmap?
7. Does the unit work on my N/A car?
8. Does the unit work on manual and auto cars?
9. How much does the unit cost?
10. When I buy the PowerFC what comes in the box?
11. Why would I want to buy a PowerFC?

Model Information
12. What model do I need? (Version Matrix)
13. What is an "AP Engineering model" and do I need it?
14. What is the "D-Jetro" model and do I need it?
15. What is the "Power FC Pro" model and do I need it?
16. What other optional parts are available for the PowerFC?
17. Is the PowerFC Pro Discontinued?
18. Hybrid Apexi PowerFC models and mix n match models, can it be done?
19. Apexi LJetro Vs Apexi Djetro - Whats the deal??
20. Apexi PowerFC Djetro PRO - Does it exist???
21. Why buy a PowerFC? Aren't they discontinued????
22. What's the Apexi D1 Limited Edition Hand Controller?
23. Is there an English manual? a PDF copy? English translation?
24. I have the older PowerFC that did not come with a hand controller can I buy a new hand controller separate and use that?

Considerations before use
25. Does the PowerFC run the whole car or do I need controllers for... (Aircon, Lights, ABS etc...)
26. Does the PowerFC have limits?
27. What are the basic mods I should have when I get my PowerFC
28. Are there any cool tricks with the PowerFC? Free mods etc?
29. How does the PowerFC compare with the Apexi SAFC, AVCR and other Apexi computers?
30. Apexi SAFC vs Apexi PowerFC, whats the difference?
31. How does the AVC-R compare to the PowerFC boost controller kit?

Installation
32. How do I install the PowerFC?
33. Basic Hand Controller functions and use
34. Help! My car doesn't start once I've installed the PowerFC
35. Once the PowerFC is installed can I expect any better performance or does it HAVE to be tuned?
36. Can I drive around without it being tuned for a few days? Months? ?
37. Help! My car doesn't idle once I've installed the PowerFC

Basic Operation
38. Basic Hand Controller functions and use - Monitoring
39. Basic Hand Controller functions and use - Checking Functions
40. Basic Hand Controller functions and use - Checking Sensors

Advanced Operation
41. Are there any hidden/secret features? Stuff you can't access by the Hand Controller
42. Does the PowerFC have any laptop hook up options or software
43. What does the PowerFC support in terms of modifications?
44. What do I need to do when changing my Airflow Meter
45. How do I configure larger injectors?
46. How do I setup a larger scale map sensor?
47. PowerFC Pro - Launch Control

Advanced Operation - Optional Kits for the PowerFC
48. How do I hook up the optional Boost Controller kit?
49. How do I configure the optional Boost Controller Kit?
50. How do I hook up the D-Jetro Map Sensor Harness Kit?

Read More
There are about 100+ Topics and question answered about the PowerFC. I and the other site is not responsible for any of the information on the site. THe information on the skyline site was gathered on an APEX'i site long time ago. This is just an informational guideline and nothing definitive in terms of tuning or using the PowerFC unite.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
ohhh man i just bought one of these! this web-find is e-mazing! i would posi rep you so hard.

in the butt.

thanks broski.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Yah I need one too damn it.... *shaking fist at blue box in car* *mumbling obscenities!!!*
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
fucking right. i just got my power fc d-jetro in my car. i love it way more than my e-manage ultimate. still looking to find a 2 step for the system though
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Unhappy Help!

I just bought a 97 kouki that has a power fc commander and i have no idea how to work it? My car is running really rich right now and it needs to be tuned bad. Someone please help lead me in the right direction.
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Take it to an Apexi certified tuner, or find someone that can tune it. These things are so easy that if you can't figure it out you really shouldn't be doing any tuning on your own.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
slider2828
Post Whore!

What you can do to LIMP it to a tuner is to change the water temp setting.... So you can lean out the car while under the normal temperature. If that doesn't work you need to start scaling your injectors up so it doesn't read too lean. have it around 13 or 12 to get it LIMPED to there.

All this I hope you have a really good wide band and none of that APEX'i narrawband crap.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
water
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
water has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No reason to limp it. There are enough maps available online to get a good running tune for free. you can even start with enthalpy's base map and still be surprisingly ok.

A'PEXi Power FC Map Database for Nissan SR20DET
water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
RACETUNE
Zilvia Member

RACETUNE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RACETUNE
Garage BOSO
123 E. Gardena Blvd. Suite C
Gardena Ca. 90248
Garage BOSO

We run a Apexi Power FC on this car, and we are an Apexi Power Excel Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsprock View Post
Take it to an Apexi certified tuner, or find someone that can tune it. These things are so easy that if you can't figure it out you really shouldn't be doing any tuning on your own.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thats a beautiful car

GARAGE BOSO...........ROOTS AND CULTURE
FIlthy 24O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
slider2828
Post Whore!

On a hand controller? that is going to take awhile entering that, but you need to look at your base setup and make sure that is in order
Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Or invest on a FC-datalogit...makes tuning the PFC a breeze.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
What you can do to LIMP it to a tuner is to change the water temp setting.... So you can lean out the car while under the normal temperature. If that doesn't work you need to start scaling your injectors up so it doesn't read too lean. have it around 13 or 12 to get it LIMPED to there.

All this I hope you have a really good wide band and none of that APEX'i narrawband crap.
I will start offering another service coming up with is an even more BASE tune than the base map I already offer

for 35 paypal you get a one time base map with the correct lag time, correction values and a zeroed out fuel map + a safer base timing map

Not as aggressive as the other Base Map Service I offer but will get the car to limp

maybe call it LIMP MAP

the fc logit is great, I just wish it was cheaper, it would get more people on board with the EMS.

Also Important to note: Any legitimate tuner with have full wideband, knock sensor, air temp as well as FC LOGIT Hardware at their shop as I do so you will not need to provide anything at time of tuning except A. the car B. the PFC unit
Old 05-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #14
FRhatch

FRhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
ohhh man i just bought one of these! this web-find is e-mazing! i would posi rep you so hard.

in the butt.

thanks broski.
best comment ever! hahah
FRhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
the thread revival is strong with this one
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:24 AM   #16
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jumboflan has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13

I have a apex power fc for sr20detDo you guys knows if I have a whole blacktop engine from a non Vtc early blacktop sr from s13 and all sensor down: everything wired and it waste gate actuator and blitz sbc boost controller fuel and all coil packs good. Will it run but the engine has after market. Greddy intake manifold. There?s a few connectors not matching from sr original harnesss.

Will my engine crank over with fuel spark and air ?? I don?t know how the maf is 300zx or not. It?s already on the factory harness spliced in. I am planning on buying it. But can?t test it because the owner has gotten rid of car. Plus he didn?t tell me history of who had engine before. Will the fact that I have bigger garret gt28r turbo. And intake manifold and wide and forO2. D

Do I need a base map before I fire it over with gas and spark.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:24 PM   #17
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
I have a apex power fc for sr20detDo you guys knows if I have a whole blacktop engine from a non Vtc early blacktop sr from s13 and all sensor down: everything wired and it waste gate actuator and blitz sbc boost controller fuel and all coil packs good. Will it run but the engine has after market. Greddy intake manifold. There?s a few connectors not matching from sr original harnesss.

Will my engine crank over with fuel spark and air ?? I don?t know how the maf is 300zx or not. It?s already on the factory harness spliced in. I am planning on buying it. But can?t test it because the owner has gotten rid of car. Plus he didn?t tell me history of who had engine before. Will the fact that I have bigger garret gt28r turbo. And intake manifold and wide and forO2. D

Do I need a base map before I fire it over with gas and spark.
Did you have a stroke?
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 05:10 PM   #18
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

[https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dMdzhUV0RieVdn

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dMdzhUV0RieVdn
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...]<br /> <br />

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dMdzhUV0RieVdn

All I could find in it the apex pfc I have

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=573344

Last edited by jumboflan; 10-10-2022 at 06:14 PM..
jumboflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:11 PM   #19
slider2828
Post Whore!

Based on FC Hako, it looks like you have an RPS13 - 180sx SR20DET PowerFC L-Jetro. You will need to the use the 300zx or SR20 Mafs. If you use 300zx you will need to make that change.

https://fc-hako.com/pfc/technical/

Other than that, its picking up someone else's shit project, so good luck....
Old 10-19-2022, 05:41 AM   #20
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Hmmm I think ur right. I changed my mind. I’m not picking up someone’s shitty project not for $6400
Old 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM   #21
alwyzDTF
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
alwyzDTF is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Are there any active links to apf base map tunes? asking for a friend with s14 sr Djetro
alwyzDTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:16 PM   #22
slider2828
Post Whore!

Nope there are not..... It should run without it as its always loaded with base maps..... It should at least start.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:33 AM   #23
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
D jetro is difficult to tune without the Data-logit interface

I tend to use the globals a lot, global per pressure adjustments for specific recurring situations. Then fine tune a bit as needed. The base map is adjustable but its based on an non-editable background basemap which is what makes adjustment difficult without the data-logit. The data-logit gives you access to the true basemap.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote