Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #1
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S13 Digital Climate Control Conversion w/o subharness

S13,240sx Digital Climate control conversion without sub harness from jdm car.

Let me know if they're any questions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...m25Oes8DigDwmM

Last edited by JrDarknes; 06-15-2021 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: To search easier on google
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2021, 02:58 PM   #2
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great job my man! Nice and clear instructions. If I figure out the vent zone wiring issue I will let you know.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Excellent write up! I'll definitely have to try the VCD filter mod on my DCC,
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 02:04 PM   #4
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
2003-2008 Subaru Forester shares the same hvac circuitry as a 1992 S13. This means three major connectors/pigtails that needed are easily obtainable now. This also makes getting the air mix actuator (most important piece) much easier and cheaper.

Will be updating my drawings when time is given. One thing I've ordered that I will test is the pigtail connection to the DCC unit. I think the subaru forester one will fit with minor modifications just need to test it out.

I also think I've found out how to make the vent mode not go in reverse anymore, just need to order a spare intake actuator when I have the time.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I've actually been re-writing the chuonthis s14digital climate control tutorial to post on my blog. But if you're interested, a pricey option imo is you can buy the plugs new and new pins if you want to either adapt the oem wiring or run your own.

CET2031 for the 20 pin plug
https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643...tegory:1458532

CET1682 for the 16 pin plug
https://connectorexperts.com/i-31644...tegory:1458528

I'm not sure what the pinout count for the s13 is but that connector style is the same as the usdm one, the terminal ends are

TERM432 - https://connectorexperts.com/i-31644138-term432.html
Old 03-25-2022, 09:20 PM   #6
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I've actually been re-writing the chuonthis s14digital climate control tutorial to post on my blog. But if you're interested, a pricey option imo is you can buy the plugs new and new pins if you want to either adapt the oem wiring or run your own.

CET2031 for the 20 pin plug

CET1682 for the 16 pin plug

I'm not sure what the pinout count for the s13 is but that connector style is the same as the usdm one, the terminal ends are

TERM432 - https://connectorexperts.com/i-31644138-term432.html

Thanks for this. This helps out alot. This matches the S13 one. Well the early style 52F00. Will add this to my guide

Believe it or not for anyone curious, for the S13 there are two differnet connector styles. It is weird.

If the DCC custom er number (the Zexel part number on top) ends in 52F00, the two connector styles from Om1kron works.

However if the DCC custom er number ends in 60F01 it actually uses a slightly different pigtail connector. However the 2003-2008 Subaru HVAC pigtail will fit perfectly as this is the one I have and just tested it out.

I will edit this with pictures soon to show the differences.

My assumption is maybe they changed this during the 1996-1998 kouki years? who knows.

Edit:
52F00 S13 DCC

60F01 S13 DCC

Old 03-25-2022, 10:45 PM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Based on those two photos alone I am convinced nissan hates us. But if you go through that website they have a connector finder and you can select how many pins the plugs would have and it will filter the results like that. I did not originally locate the two plugs I linked under a nissan designation.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #8
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Based on those two photos alone I am convinced nissan hates us. But if you go through that website they have a connector finder and you can select how many pins the plugs would have and it will filter the results like that. I did not originally locate the two plugs I linked under a nissan designation.
+1 Rep, Ah did not know that. That helps alot.

Found the other two connectors for the supposedly "kouki" dcc.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:55 AM   #9
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I also haven't had a chance to go through your write up. But I saw in a youtube video a recommendation to reverse the polarity on the mode door motor by taking it apart. I just had this revelation going through chu's wiring write up for s14.

The jdm fsm has +def/-vent for pin number 7 at the mode door motor. the usdm fsm reads +vent/-def at the same pin. Why is this confusing, because if you flip it around +def/-vent is on pin 8.

I'm sure you probably caught this. But I felt it was worth mentioning. I'd much rather swap two wires instead of taking apart the motor itself.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:36 AM   #10
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I also haven't had a chance to go through your write up. But I saw in a youtube video a recommendation to reverse the polarity on the mode door motor by taking it apart. I just had this revelation going through chu's wiring write up for s14.

The jdm fsm has +def/-vent for pin number 7 at the mode door motor. the usdm fsm reads +vent/-def at the same pin. Why is this confusing, because if you flip it around +def/-vent is on pin 8.

I'm sure you probably caught this. But I felt it was worth mentioning. I'd much rather swap two wires instead of taking apart the motor itself.
Yea, I think we watched the same youtube video.

I originally was like that too much work, so as you did I just swapped over the pins. When I plugged it in however, the motor moved the lever all the way back and would not move after that.

At that point I was like maybe you just have to take it apart and reverse it for some odd reason. However when I did that it did the same thing as above.

It will just move the lever back and the commands will not work. It will only work unless I have it as it was intended in the JDM schematics.

Now, however I think I know the issue (unless you found out something), but I noticed ALL of the pins on the usdm one our reversed not just 7 & 8 (I dont know how I just caught that).

So I decided to make me a proper test bench at home and I'm going to test this by wiring it up to the USDM schematics with a spare intake actuator when I have the chance.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:57 AM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I’m guessing this has to do with the mode door motor being on the opposite side of the car. Its starting to make sense the further down the rabbit hole I go
Old 04-18-2022, 08:29 PM   #12
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Guide has been updated. Vents work properly and subaru forester parts have been added. Should be the last update to the guide.

Included a pic of how your homemade harness should look like.

Brown connector (intake motor) to your left
Relay in the middle
Black connector (air mix motor) in the middle
Small white connecotr (blower motor resistor) to the right.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #13
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Yea, I think we watched the same youtube video.

I originally was like that too much work, so as you did I just swapped over the pins. When I plugged it in however, the motor moved the lever all the way back and would not move after that.

At that point I was like maybe you just have to take it apart and reverse it for some odd reason. However when I did that it did the same thing as above.

It will just move the lever back and the commands will not work. It will only work unless I have it as it was intended in the JDM schematics.

Now, however I think I know the issue (unless you found out something), but I noticed ALL of the pins on the usdm one our reversed not just 7 & 8 (I dont know how I just caught that).

So I decided to make me a proper test bench at home and I'm going to test this by wiring it up to the USDM schematics with a spare intake actuator when I have the chance.
I downloaded your stuff to take a look at it, I'm currently still stuck on troubleshooting the mode door motor.

reading your schematic

looks like you did flip your wiring around. I too was trying to logically make sense of reversing just 4 modes. So I flipped pin 30 with pin 22 and pin 31 with pin 21. no dice in the diagnostic mode.

pinned as it should be regardless if motor polarity is reversed or not.

Same effect. If wired any differently than the jdm counterpart it will not move unless it's in diagnostic mode.

I get 30 for all clear but everything is completely backwards as far as function goes haha. Just as it was for me previously times.

I will try flipping 7 and 8 again and swapping 30 and 31 and 21 and 22 to see the results.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:43 PM   #14
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I downloaded your stuff to take a look at it, I'm currently still stuck on troubleshooting the mode door motor.

reading your schematic

looks like you did flip your wiring around. I too was trying to logically make sense of reversing just 4 modes. So I flipped pin 30 with pin 22 and pin 31 with pin 21. no dice in the diagnostic mode.

pinned as it should be regardless if motor polarity is reversed or not.

Same effect. If wired any differently than the jdm counterpart it will not move unless it's in diagnostic mode.

I get 30 for all clear but everything is completely backwards as far as function goes haha. Just as it was for me previously times.

I will try flipping 7 and 8 again and swapping 30 and 31 and 21 and 22 to see the results.
I just took a look at the S14 HA FSM on the S14 thread.

Yea flip pin 7 & 8 as well and it should work. It cannot read the voltage right unless that dc motor is flipped.

Pretty much

31 goes to 2
21 goes to 5
30 goes to 3 &6
22 goes to 4 & 1
5 goes to 7
6 goes to 8

If that does not work I actually have no clue but assuming the S13,S14, use very similar circuitry I would think it would work.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:45 PM   #15
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
I just took a look at the S14 HA FSM on the S14 thread.

Yea flip pin 7 & 8 as well and it should work. It cannot read the voltage right unless that dc motor is flipped.

Pretty much

31 goes to 2
21 goes to 5
30 goes to 3 &6
22 goes to 4 & 1
5 goes to 7
6 goes to 8

If that does not work I actually have no clue but assuming the S13,S14, use very similar circuitry I would think it would work.
I am not sure what the hell I looked at which had my mode door motor wiring backwards. I knew something was off. 6 is next to the ground, I wired it the opposite way since I bought a replacement plug for the mode door motor.

I'm gucci now, what a pain in the ass.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:03 AM   #16
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

So for the inside air temp sensor. How I have you install it currently is not really correct however it works.

To do this the correct & oem way, you need Nissan part # 27726-35F00 to fit in the duct portion you cut inside. Run tubing and have the inside air temp sensor somehow get ventilation from the cabin.

I just ordered most likely the last new aspirator. This is technically only for RHD vehicles however I am going to take the dimensions and mirror it to make it LHD compatible and then create a STP file so you can send the file to get it 3D printed.

Once this is done I will update the guide with how to properly and cleanly get ventilation from the cabin. It will consist of that part, some aspirator tubing and a porsche 911 part thats about 20$.

Like I mentioned before, the current way still works however, if you press the auto button, it will try to achieve temps a bit more aggressive, especially if you have a LS or RB swap.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:50 AM   #17
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Nice info.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:02 PM   #18
sr_24

Trader Rating: (0)
sr_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
S13,240sx Digital Climate control conversion without sub harness from jdm car.

Let me know if they're any questions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...m25Oes8DigDwmM
Do you guys know if anyone sells the wiring harness
a plug and play conversion?
sr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:30 PM   #19
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr_24 View Post
Do you guys know if anyone sells the wiring harness
a plug and play conversion?
Not as far as I know but I would just give the wiring a shot. I am always available via Instagram, email or here if you have questions. I've helped tons of people get theirs working.