Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSVTFlareside View Post
[IMG]
BBS E26 GT2 race wheels
Front 17x9.5 245/40-17
Rear 17x10 275/40-17

I have the wheels off the car because they have broken. I'm buying some new rim halves and I plan to run 17x10 in front with 275/40-17 and 17x12 rear with 315/35-17 tires.

50mm rear fenders and 20mm front fenders(not enough, I'm going to end up making custom ones to fit 275's in front)
What offset/backspacing do those wheels have?
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13FREEAAK View Post
What offset/backspacing do those wheels have?
I'm really not sure exactly... I measured them once a few years ago. I think it was something like +12 in front and -6 in the rear. My numbers could be off. They aren't really sold with offset sizes; you order the rim halves by width. The front fit without a spacer but it is very close to the coilover, I couldn't add any more to the inner rim half. There is plenty of room for more inner rim on the rear though.

Front -
outter rim - 1.5
inner rim - 8

Rear -
outter rim - 3
inner rim - 7

I'm ordering new outter 2" halves for the front and 9" inner halves for the rear. I had one fatigue crack on me. See the crack going through all the bolt holes. So I decided to go for maximum width since I'm ordering new parts anyway.

As a note I didn't order the current sizes. I picked up the wheels 2nd hand from a 2001 ford mustang GT2 racecar. That is why the wheel offset isn't quite ideal yet.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
jfandem
Leaky Injector

jfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enough
I just bought Work equips, and am wondering about what tire size I should run and how it would fit, and how much pull/roll I need.

98 s14, stance coilovers
18x9.5 front +8
18x10.5 rear +16

I want to run up to a 305 in rear if I can....what do you recommend? Anyone have pics of a similar setup?
jfandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandem View Post
I just bought Work equips, and am wondering about what tire size I should run and how it would fit, and how much pull/roll I need.

98 s14, stance coilovers
18x9.5 front +8
18x10.5 rear +16

I want to run up to a 305 in rear if I can....what do you recommend? Anyone have pics of a similar setup?
there are not many 305 wide tires out there, do you have a specific tire make/model in mind?

you can easily find and fit a 285/30R18 as they have a super short overall outside diameter and are a somewhat common size.

with such a low offset you may be stuck running a 255 out back unless you roll/pull like crazy and also run almost too much negative camber out back
Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
jfandem
Leaky Injector

jfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post
there are not many 305 wide tires out there, do you have a specific tire make/model in mind?

you can easily find and fit a 285/30R18 as they have a super short overall outside diameter and are a somewhat common size.

with such a low offset you may be stuck running a 255 out back unless you roll/pull like crazy and also run almost too much negative camber out back
Well I bought tires the other day. 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears.

They are the Falken 452s. Think ill be able to fit this combo? Is it gonna stick out like crazy? Im having a guy roll/pull my fenders soon but still unsure of the fitament. How much rear camber will I have to run and how low can I go ? I want it pretty damn low.
jfandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandem View Post
Well I bought tires the other day. 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears.

They are the Falken 452s. Think ill be able to fit this combo? Is it gonna stick out like crazy? Im having a guy roll/pull my fenders soon but still unsure of the fitament. How much rear camber will I have to run and how low can I go ? I want it pretty damn low.
Didn't we go over all this stuff over AIM for like an hour?

I thought I pretty much told you exactly what will happen, and told you what size tires you can go with and all that... I guess all that stuff went out the window right after you hit the "close window" button after talking to me?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Havent posted in this thread in a while

Here you go