Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-25-2003, 04:06 PM   #1
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSparo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSparo
power window not working...

my driver window isn't working, it didn't work when i bought the car, but the passenger side works fine, i can hear the relay clicking when i push the button but nothing happens... should i just buy a whole window regulator? i searched for a similar problem and i couldnt tell how to test the motor, and also how to even get the window regulator out to play with it, does anyone know how?
TheSparo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2003, 12:52 AM   #2
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
well at least this time its the driver side and not the passenger side were most ppl just had the lock on. first take off the door panel. is the window down or up ? if its halfway or down its a lil bit easier. there will be four screws holding the window. take em off. make sure you dont let the window DROP ! leave the window in the door. now theres four screws holding the regulator. take those off and disconnect the wire from the motor. it should be mounted on the regulator if im not mistaken. then just push the window away from you and slowly pull the regulator out. once its out reconnect the motor wire and your switch and try it. if it does not work take the passenger door off and connect that wire to the driver regulator. make sure you have the driver side switch till connected or else passenger will not work. you dont have to completely take off the passenger side just the panel and disconnect the reg. motor. need any more help let me know. if your local ill take a look at it. im in socal. hope this somewhat helps. if you need a motor i have one so just let me know
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:19 PM   #3
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

i will go try that, i live in Tn so not local at all, and the window is up... thanx again man i'll let you know if i need more help
Old 05-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
Natty
Zilvia Addict

Natty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheSparo
i will go try that, i live in Tn so not local at all, and the window is up... thanx again man i'll let you know if i need more help
Where in TN?
Jeff
Old 05-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #5
Warwick5s
Zilvia Junkie

Warwick5s is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
well at least this time its the driver side and not the passenger side were most ppl just had the lock on.
that lock has made me feel like a complete idiot (although not undeserved) on more than one occasion.
Warwick5s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:44 PM   #6
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

chattanooga, TN
Old 05-27-2003, 10:59 AM   #7
S13Nissan240SX
Leaky Injector

S13Nissan240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to S13Nissan240SX
I have a similar problem. My passenger window works fine but my drivers side does not. I've taken off the door and I'm pretty sure that the motor and regulator are working fine. I believe that my problem is with the "Power Window Amp". Thats what the dealer calls it. It's a small black box in the drivers door that the wires from the switches plug into. You might want to take yours to the dealer and see if they can test it. I'm just pulling one out of a parts car and I'll let you know if it works.

Good luck,
Matt
S13Nissan240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:24 PM   #8
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

actually, i just found out, it is the little control amp thingy, just need a new one, thanx man
now just to find one...
Old 05-28-2003, 12:08 AM   #9
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
its all good. now sparo u sent me a pm but i still have yet to find out how to check it. i click on the link and it says theres no message in the folder ?
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #10
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

hmmm very odd.. well disregard the message anyway sinc ei found a part, but try clicking on whee it says, make sure u'r in the "inbox" and make sure is says show all messages, not just ones from 2day or something, i think that should fix it
-Jeff