Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #121
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
no originality.

MY350Z.COM Forums - View Single Post - Funniest thing I've seen in awhile- Varrstoen vs. Enkei
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #122
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just because a company uses the same design doesn't mean its fake.. that means every company that followed the n1 style exhaust from apexi is fake too? Nissan vvl is fake compared to v-tec? Whoever made the first short shifter the next company that followed suit is fake?enthalpy came out with the same product as jim wolf, fake too? Fake is when you take a product and replicate it and sell it as the same product, name and all, decieving people. Like the owner of the BMW putting that bbs logo on his wheels and putting up for sale as such, that's fake.. or emance posing as enthalpy when he first came out to get buyers, that's fake..
Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #123
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Holly, ha ha

BUSTED!

Now, this actually scares me even more.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #124
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Im pretty sure he was talking about Varrstoen copying Enkei's description about their products. It doesn't matter though, people will continue to buy knockoff shit and companies will continue to steal each other's designs and now apparently steal company descriptions. Tragic comedy.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #125
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
My Rotas have taken beatings upon beatings between San Diego and WA. on 35 series sidewall tires.

Still good. Curbed a bit, but good.

Buy what you want. Real or fake who cares. Your car, your money, your life.

If Works CR-KAI concaved as much as these Rota Torques do, I woulda bought them instead. Crazy....I bought a wheel solely on what it looked like. O.o
Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #126
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by madd ocx View Post
Just because a company uses the same design doesn't mean its fake.. that means every company that followed the n1 style exhaust from apexi is fake too? Nissan vvl is fake compared to v-tec? Whoever made the first short shifter the next company that followed suit is fake?enthalpy came out with the same product as jim wolf, fake too? Fake is when you take a product and replicate it and sell it as the same product, name and all, decieving people. Like the owner of the BMW putting that bbs logo on his wheels and putting up for sale as such, that's fake.. or emance posing as enthalpy when he first came out to get buyers, that's fake..
Put is this way, you plagiarize a school paper, would the teacher not automatically fail you? Same concept. Volk/etc etc spend tons of money to R&D their design, when a company just copies it with no R&D while using cheaper material. It's not only unsafe but completely steals xxxx amount of dollars from Volks for all their R&D.

Here's a write up from skunk2 regarding HKS USA

Quote:
When HKS announced late last month that it would be closing its U.S. facility for good, there was an odd silence here at Skunk2. No doubt, the news caused many to stop and reevaluate the state of the industry. Some blame HKS U.S.A’s closing on slow Japanese and American economies; others say it’s because of a lack of demand for performance parts, unfavorable exchange rates, even last March’s catastrophic earthquake in Japan. It’s true—all of these are likely contributing factors.There’s an elephant in the room that many refuse to acknowledge though—copycat parts. Knockoff companies that thrive on stealing product designs, company logos, and packaging do little more than hurt the companies that bring consumers new, innovative, and proven parts and technology. The amount of knock-off HKS parts available to U.S. consumers is staggering and surely hasn’t helped HKS U.S.A.’s growth or ability to remain in business.

The more consumers support the copycats, the less chance there is of companies that are capable of proper engineering, design, and R&D being able to exist. And when those companies fail to exist, it’s only a matter of time before the copycats fail as well. HKS Japan will remain in business and says it will continue to service its U.S. customers from overseas. Service will likely be slower, customer service claims will be challenging, and parts will probably be more expensive. Parts development for U.S.-based vehicles will also decline. More knockoff companies will likely begin to fill the void, but are you willing to put your engine, your car, or your safety in the hands of the faceless copycats? HKS is the first in a long line of reputable companies that have been affected by unscrupulous knockoffs. What will you do to make sure that what happened to HKS doesn’t happen to your favorite company?
So yeah, Hope you guys are enjoying those Rotas / VarSTOLENS. Your personally contributing to knocking out Rays and Advan wheel products in the US probably sooner than later. Enjoy your fakeness

this is also a great read THE REAL JDM
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #127
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Who gives a fuck about the paper,it's not the same shit compared to this. To the jackass that posted this without being him whom happened to,you're an idiot. There is no such thing as FAKE,everything is REAL with the same design minus the logo of the company. It's like saying fuck 9k racing because all the shit he makes is fake? and im sure many of you have bought from or asked him to replicate something that is no longer in production.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #128
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Alright i'm gonna admit that i didnt read all the pages and this might be a stupid question. But wouldnt cheaper wheels maybe be better for an impact say like a curb? A fake rim would just break, a real rim wouldnt thus all that energy would get transferred to the suspension.

I honestly rather replace one crappy fake wheel than all my suspension, this is just an opion though, i could be 100% wrong, carry on.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #129
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can't believe everyone gets so worked up over this. It's your money, buy what you wanna buy. The majority of the time, "you get what you pay for" holds true. I just can't believe some guy has a wheel crack on him and the whole world stops spinning. I personally don't believe this guy was going 25 and the pothole wasn't a massive one. Someone earlier stated that it's YOUR job to avoid those holes, even little ones. If you have rubber bands for tires and stiff suspension, don't go flying over potholes. The whole jdm market argument is so old. Regardless of what you want people to think they're going to buy what they want. If that's taking money out of "real" companies pockets than so be it. Most people don't even read into it far enough to care about that. You can't stop it so why complain? These companies are going to continue to flourish. These guys for example offer a bbs look without the bbs price tag. ALOT of people are going to jump all over that obviously. There will always always always be a HUGE market for these "knockoff" companies. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Everyone wants to play and almost no one has the finances to do it the right way. I'm sure if more people on zilvia had 60k plus a year salaries you'd see more quality builds and guys scoffing at the thought of running Sportmaxx. That's just not how it is though.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #130
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Those fakes would have broke hands down.. But most fakes are cast made.. the real deals would be forged.

Im pretty sure 1 piece cast wheels like fn01rc, rpf1 etc would break as well.. but in this situation the bmw owner had replica 1 piece wheels of a bbs multipiece wheel.

"legit" companies make cast wheels too, and if we could of replicated the conditions to at least 70% accuracy, we would easily prove that any "legit" cast wheel would of failed, I would bet everything I own, and everything I will eventually own on that.

like i said before, the fact that the wheel was a copy had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT IT FAILED, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY IT FAILED
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #131
oramos23

Trader Rating: (0)
oramos23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats what happens when you fake the funk!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #132
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
"legit" companies make cast wheels too, and if we could of replicated the conditions to at least 70% accuracy, we would easily prove that any "legit" cast wheel would of failed, I would bet everything I own, and everything I will eventually own on that.

like i said before, the fact that the wheel was a copy had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT IT FAILED, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY IT FAILED
This is America, the land of opportunity and the free market. Companies with profit in mind will make imitations of top notch products. That's the way it is. But imitations and knockoffs do not have the same quality as the real deal so your statement is wrong. It is very possible that knockoff wheels will fail more so than the real deal products that have extensive R and D.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #133
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
'good enough'

*sigh*

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #134
bluevelvet
Leaky Injector

bluevelvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Im going to just Knock Off of Varrestoen... and sell them for 2/3 the price.. i dont care who rolls over on the FWy because they cracked and the tire blew off... or who drove on their rotors after the wheels FAILED on the driver and shattered.. or even if you just store them for ever.. ill still make my $$$$$$
Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #135
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
rims of any brand and size are all knock-offs of the original stone wheel made by the caveman. so we're all guilty
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #136
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I love threads like these
makes it easy to identify the cheap asses and idiots
so as to avoid them
Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #137
oramos23

oramos23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
rims of any brand and size are all knock-offs of the original stone wheel made by the caveman. so we're all guilty
Lmfao! Hahaha
Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #138
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
This is America, the land of opportunity and the free market. Companies with profit in mind will make imitations of top notch products. That's the way it is. But imitations and knockoffs do not have the same quality as the real deal so your statement is wrong. It is very possible that knockoff wheels will fail more so than the real deal products that have extensive R and D.
Do you understand what it takes to create 4 inch pot hole? No? Well basically it takes underground erosion to weaken that spot. Now lets say that it has weaken so much that the very next car that will it it, it will drop out under it and expand by 600%. Number of Impacts x force x velocity = wheel failure.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #139
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
I love threads like these
makes it easy to identify the cheap asses and idiots
so as to avoid them
Yeah that's for sure...
Old 07-01-2011, 02:27 AM   #140
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The topic of fake/knock off always seems to offend some people.. relax and chill, its just cars. =p
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #141
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
i would buy things from taiwan, and not from china when it comes to some things.

same goes for coils. i have a set from taiwan, and they were HEAPS upon HEAPS better than ISIS ones. and they were $200 cheaper.
When it comes to anything with structure, you have to find out where the metal is getting refined at. Quality control can fail anywhere. Its like the Korean cars running Japanese engines, etc. Asia business outsources just as much as US. Its all about making a profit, while not making a crappy product. So far 'stance' seems to be ok. But even though I have some GR Pro SSD's, in 5 years, perhaps all of them will fail... remains to be seen.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #142
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's like a damn moronathon every time this comes up in a thread. It isn't years of R&D that makes a wheel a good wheel although it may make a better thought out wheel(there are only so many fucking ways to skin a cat). I think new and innovative wheel design for the most part has been exhausted from a performance perspective. It isn't expensive purchase price that makes a wheel a good wheel. Sure I can take a dump in a box and call it a brake pad... It isn't a well established name that makes a wheel a good wheel. Some companies sell products of marginal quality for decades with good success.

None of that shit matters

All that matters is what the company does to make sure their product doesn't fail under normal use after it has been made. Do any of you have any fucking idea how much capital(money) is tied up in cast aluminum integrity assurance? The forging process? The finishing processes? Heat treating? So yes it's much fucking cheaper to cast a wheel in a pre-developed design, check dimensions, paint, and put the fucker in a box.

This isn't about stolen designs and r&d this is about what the wheel manufacturer does after the wheel is made to make sure when hit a pothole you dont cross lanes, and collide with a fucking semi truck.

Ask me if I want the manufacturer to send me a new set of wheels after i get out of traction.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #143
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I
This isn't about stolen designs and r&d this is about what the wheel manufacturer does after the wheel is made to make sure when hit a pothole you dont cross lanes, and collide with a fucking semi truck.
Well said.

However this is 240 land, where the majority of owners have a hard time living on their own, and can't even afford basic maintenence. On the other hand, it's also 'new America' where people are so damn concerned with fitting in/looking cool that they do desperate things to accommodate that need.

With that said, this has cause the overwhelming 'good enough' movement with parts (really I guess this applies to anything in life). People are willing to 'live' with cheaper shit, in order to look cool or 'have it'. Why?

People are broke and can't afford good stuff
People are impatient and want whatever they can have now
People are confused by FFF (forumfuckfaces) and Folklore, and
People generally don't care (or maybe care to know)

Those factors just really ruin everything. No body thinks about that cheap rod end busting/wheel breaking/brakes not stopping at high speed, the car going out of control, and potential death resulting from an accident -- all they think about is the street cred.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #144
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Meh I don't care anymore, people who want to run cheaper stuff will continue to do so whether you like it or not, and at the end of the day how their car turns out will reflect the time/money/effort that was put in to it. In fact seeing more POS's on the road makes me appreciate the nice ones even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #145
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Guys, all that matters is how fast your car is.

Duh.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #146
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
These threads are never-ending as always.

If you want to run knock offs (err, lower quality products), go for it.

If you want to run legit (err, higher quality products), go for it.

At the end of the day, it's your money. Spend it whatever way you'd like.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread