Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^do the seibon really come with hinges?
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #32
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jimefam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Gut stock door.
Leave shell.
Replace glass with Lexan.
Maybe put in manual window mechanism thing if you still wanna be able to roll window down.

Save money.
Gutted stock door still isn't as light as frp. As for Lexan I do plan run it on all the windows but I'm having a hard time finding an existing kit. I will never roll the windows down again either.
jimefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #33
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
why not just get someone to make a window frame that you can bolt the lexan to - opposed to getting pre molded lexan and having to run the heavy window track?

huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
why not just get someone to make a window frame that you can bolt the lexan to - opposed to getting pre molded lexan and having to run the heavy window track?

Class rules require "stock appearance" I have to have carpet and even the interior trim, which means I can run lexan but it has to be preformed and look stock. I will rivet it though so no track. Rules are on X275.net
Old 01-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #35
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimefam View Post
Well I've got my build thread on Nico but here is another thread with the condensed version and lots of pics.

Drag RB25 in S13 - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
First time I have saw pictures of a rear tubed 240. Looks nice, but sucks you are having a shop build the car.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #36
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i want that rearend in my car
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
First time I have saw pictures of a rear tubed 240. Looks nice, but sucks you are having a shop build the car.
LOL this isn't the type of project I'd want to tackle in my garage and certainly wouldn't want to put my life in the hands of my welding skills(non existant). Besides the shop has over 400hrs into the car and were not done so even if I had the skills to do this job it would take years to complete as I work for a living.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #38
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyr sil8ty View Post
i want that rearend in my car
Its overkill for 99% of cars out there, really including mine. I got 40 spline axles and an Ultra case center section so that I dont have to worry about replacements since I dont have the massive crew's that my competition will have nor the spare parts on hand.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #39
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Your build is amazing.

Please post sound clips of that RB here when its running.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #40
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Its overkill for 99% of cars out there, really including mine. I got 40 spline axles and an Ultra case center section so that I dont have to worry about replacements since I dont have the massive crew's that my competition will have nor the spare parts on hand.
I hear ya, nothing wrong with over building.
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Not sure who it was who made a comment about the 11.2 lbs of my FRP Origin doors but for REFERENCE, the same scale measured the stock door (pulled everything out to match origin door) @ 61 lbs. It was nearly 50lbs less per door. Now granted you cut the skeleton out you could probably drop another 30lbs. However I didnt want to sacrifice not be able to put a stock panel back on or the factory roll mechanism. If we are arguing for $$ saved, then its a moot point. If you dont have money or have more important items to buy for your car then obviously go cheap and cut the stock doors.

jimefan,

Love your build man! I hope this helps you with your fiberglass door install. Again mine are Origin Lab doors you can get via dealer. There are a couple advertisers on this site who rep the line.

Cutting stock hinges....

Custom Aluminum back plate I had laser cut to support the hinges....

Fitment was pretty damn good....

BAM
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #42
BTplaya
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
BTplaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
LOLOL please point me to someone who built even a semi competitive Promod for $65k? Hell a good rolling chassis for Promod is over $100,000 easy. I know a few of the top outlaw 10.5 cars and none of them were anywhere near $65k. Tim Lynch who has the baddest and fastest outlaw 10.5 car out there built my engine and trust me you can't buy his motor for $65,000 let alone a turn key car. Some people really just talk man lol.

We built Tim's Vette so I know ecaxtly what things cost. I never said the badest car on the planet.

I like the project either way! Keep it up.

Last edited by BTplaya; 01-19-2012 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: ninja edit
BTplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #43
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Not sure who it was who made a comment about the 11.2 lbs of my FRP Origin doors but for REFERENCE, the same scale measured the stock door (pulled everything out to match origin door) @ 61 lbs. It was nearly 50lbs less per door. Now granted you cut the skeleton out you could probably drop another 30lbs. However I didnt want to sacrifice not be able to put a stock panel back on or the factory roll mechanism. If we are arguing for $$ saved, then its a moot point. If you dont have money or have more important items to buy for your car then obviously go cheap and cut the stock doors.

jimefan,

Love your build man! I hope this helps you with your fiberglass door install. Again mine are Origin Lab doors you can get via dealer. There are a couple advertisers on this site who rep the line.

Cutting stock hinges....

Custom Aluminum back plate I had laser cut to support the hinges....

Fitment was pretty damn good....

BAM
Thanks for the pictures that will certainly help. I went ahead and ordered the doors on Tuesday so I will post up pics on my build thread when I get them in 8 weeks.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #44
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTplaya View Post
We built Tim's Vette so I know ecaxtly what things cost. I never said the badest car on the planet.

I like the project either way! Keep it up.
Well if you built that Vette and you'll build me one just like it for $65k let me know where to wire the money! The 670 engine he has in there is sold for $75k and that's without turbos and alot of other stuff you'd need to run it. Iirc they told me the cost for the new R2B2 Mustang was like over 200k so that's why I'm curious where your seeing promods and outlaw 10.5 cars being built for $65,000. Maybe you make all this yourself and have the hook up on alot of stuff in which case I can see you still spending around that. Besides it's wayyyy cheaper and easier to build a vette or a mustang who have parts readily available and at cheaper cost then it is to build something like a 240 where everything is one off pieces. For real if you own or work at skinny kid and can build me a turn key vette like tim's for $65,000 consider it done man that's a hell of a deal.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #45
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
aren't vette's stock like 50k?

something doesn't seem right here....
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #46
jimefam
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
aren't vette's stock like 50k?

something doesn't seem right here....
No you don't count the cost of the car and they typically they don't use cars that are in good conditions. They'll source a wrecked one or a flooded car because really there isn't anything original on that car. And for those promods it's all tubed anyways with a glass or carbon shell.