Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #31
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I just got some work done from Luis today (yesterday? It's late.), and I have to say that he is a cool guy, and takes great pride in the work he does for himself, and the work he chooses to do for others. He spent basically all day helping me, then rushed off to help JimmyTango with his hydro-locked G35, and did it all with that big grin on his face.

We talked about this 'issue', and he's been upset about it and how it turned out. He actually has the hinges, and intends to ship them.

Cliffs: This issue is the exception, not the norm for him. I'll continue to do business with him, and would recommend others to also.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #32
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
^^ That's all fine and dandy, maybe you could get them from him and ship them for him. I'll pay, he also has something else of mine (tension rod braces S13 & S14).

I also cannot find any sympathy for him, as he's had months and months to rectify this issue. I've called him, PMd him, and sent him messages via myspace, w/o resolve. HE must not be too upset about it, or he would have had someone drop him off at the post office/UPS/Fedex etc, to ship my package. I even offered to pay more money for shipping in case he needed it.

I've also had to spend more money due to his actions, on more hood hinges and tension rod braces.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
He apparently doesn't care about being banned from the marketplace either, as he has not bothered even logging in (under his own name at least, I still have my suspicions)... Luis has actually been banned now.
I really hate that it came to this, and cannot imagine what could be so terribly horrible that he would have wonderful dealings with EVERYONE else under the sun except for one person. It further pains me how people can ignore the offer to cover shipping costs if THEY, in all their beautiful dealings with Luis, could just get the items and ship them, since Luis apparently can't.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #34
fromxtor
Post Whore!

fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
^^ It's funny you mention that Phlip, another member on here who I will leave nameless sent me a PM saying this:

Quote:
Hey there,

I have a friend that paid luis gonz money to fabricate a custom hood hindge, and never got it.

And we are all buddies, he's a cool and fun dude to hang with, but i honestly don't ever want to deal with him.

I wanted him to weld me a cage for my s13, but just how Luis is, I don't trust the craftsmanship.

1. Luis is a drunk
2. His license is suspended.
3. He's lazy and does half ass jobs.

I am saying this, as a customer and not as a friend. Again, he's a cool guy, but he's not a business person, nor someone I would do business with.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #35
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
"1. Luis is a drunk..."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
i just had too.
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #36
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
^^ It's funny you mention that Phlip, another member on here who I will leave nameless sent me a PM saying this:
Lol, he does have a suspended license. That makes him highly available, and cheap, since you drive to him.

He's never been drinking/drunk while working with me.

I've never had him take any shortcuts on work with me - on the contrary, he's always stressed how he takes pride in the work that he does/hates being rushed/etc - like I said, I'll definitely continue to have him fab for me

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #37
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Luis owes a close friend an exhaust still....but....he needs to fix it and get to him

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...

Last edited by S13SilviaGirl; 12-16-2008 at 11:22 PM..
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #38
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^ On that note, Kevin and I have had good dealings with him.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #39
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Lol, he does have a suspended license. That makes him highly available, and cheap, since you drive to him.

He's never been drinking/drunk while working with me.

I've never had him take any shortcuts on work with me - on the contrary, he's always stressed how he takes pride in the work that he does/hates being rushed/etc - like I said, I'll definitely continue to have him fab for me

same here...

hes helped meout a great deal wether it be fabbing or instructing...

and since when does being a drunk make u a bad business person, shit i drink 3 days out of the week...

and ur right his license is suspended, for like another 2 weeks...OHH NOES...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #40
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
and since when does being a drunk make u a bad business person, shit i drink 3 days out of the week...
I am thinking it begins when you have someone whose parts you have had for SIX MONTHS and can't seem to be bothered with getting them shipped.
Sure, according to what I read here, he is wonderful to deal with to you guys who are local, but apparently he just can't seem to be bothered to make good on his promises. He is not banned for nothing.

And I write too!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #41
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I am thinking it begins when you have someone whose parts you have had for SIX MONTHS and can't seem to be bothered with getting them shipped.
Sure, according to what I read here, he is wonderful to deal with to you guys who are local, but apparently he just can't seem to be bothered to make good on his promises. He is not banned for nothing.
well since hes banned ill make this my final statement on this thread

ive had points were ive had buyers parts for longer than i should do to ish happening around me and having to spend even the shipping money to help someone in need out...is it fucked up yes, and ive apoligised to all that its happened to...is the situation same with Luis...i dont know, but to answer ur question PHLIP yes i have sat on peeps stuff for long while wihtout shipping (2-3months) but they did go out...Luis doesnt have a cell or a Comp consistently, i do, but i have had situations were lines of communication have been broken.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #42
fromxtor
Post Whore!

^^ Nope sorry I've physically called him and talked to him on the phone, and via myspace, those are not valid excuses. I will say again, all you ppl who see him on a regular basis feel free to pick up my belongings from him and ship them to me.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #43
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
He is not banned for nothing.
If he has one fault, it's that he doesn't have the respect for the forum (and to a larger extent, the community) that most of us do - he's just more disenchanted with the shit that goes on now "in the scene" than most, I guess. No excuses, he knows who he is/why he's in "trouble".

Quote:
^^ Nope sorry I've physically called him and talked to him on the phone, and via myspace, those are not valid excuses. I will say again, all you ppl who see him on a regular basis feel free to pick up my belongings from him and ship them to me.
Talked to him about this today, we lol'd, and I mentioned that I could pick em up and send em, cause we miss him on the forums - he said no, and that you might have a surprise soon - check that mailbox after this weekend.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #44
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i've been on his ass too. I know he's a stand up guy, but not having a license which means work is shoddy, cant really drive anywhere and get in anymore trouble. yeah he doesn't leave his house for shit lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #45
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Luis is a cool guy. I didn't have money to go to a rave awhile back and he offered to get me a ticket. Now I know you don't want to feel warm and fuzzy inside you just want your shit. Hell, I would too. However, I do believe you will get your shit... eventually.

But, being banned over this... This is exactly why I don't buy stuff from for sale threads.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 AM   #46
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
you might have a surprise soon - check that mailbox after this weekend.
If I had not been told this several times by him and his brother, then I might be inclined to believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Luis is a cool guy. I didn't have money to go to a rave awhile back and he offered to get me a ticket. Now I know you don't want to feel warm and fuzzy inside you just want your shit. Hell, I would too. However, I do believe you will get your shit... eventually.

But, being banned over this... This is exactly why I don't buy stuff from for sale threads.

While I respect that Luis giving you a ticket to a rave makes him a good person, the fact remains that it does nothing to help this situation.
The fact that a workable solution of Josh paying MORE for someone to do the responsible thing of getting the items and shipping them to him, and Luis having declined makes it seem almost as if he doesn't INTEND to make this right.

And I write too!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #47
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

I have bought and sold here quite often w/o any problem, my seller review thread and trader rating are proof. I decided to send Luis my stuff because of all the rave reviews from you guys, I'm sure if I was local and could show up at this house I would have my stuff.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #48
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
I talked to him last night. He did say you'll get your stuff.

Fact remains I won't buy anything from any private seller that I can't pick up in person. Cause there is always that one time...
Old 12-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #49
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
luis is the man.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #50
fromxtor
Post Whore!

^^ Thanks Mike, just to let you guys know I only posted this thread because dealing w/ Luis directly didn't yield any results; this isnt really a review thread. As soon as it's resolved I will be deleting it.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #51
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
post office screws up all the time

Quote:
^^ To address these issues, Anthony sent my cluster w/ the wrong address the first time. Second time it got to me, just took awhile in transit. Luis tracking number led me to a TX and WI delivery destination, the post office would know better than to mail something to NC w/ a TX/WI zip code.

There is nothing wrong w/ my address, I get stuff mailed to me all the time no problem.
I run a direct mail company, our packages show up in the wrong area, other side of the country all the time. further more, we recieve packages that are addressed to places on the other side of town. go figure. I know first hand with the volume of mail we ship and receive that they fuckup all the time. trust me, tons of shit gets sent to the wrong address everyday. i can't explain how i got oxycontins delivered to our building, while being addressed some where else. but i can tell you our country's mail system is not as good as you thought

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #52
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
I run a direct mail company, our packages show up in the wrong area, other side of the country all the time. further more, we recieve packages that are addressed to places on the other side of town. go figure. I know first hand with the volume of mail we ship and receive that they fuckup all the time. trust me, tons of shit gets sent to the wrong address everyday. i can't explain how i got oxycontins delivered to our building, while being addressed some where else. but i can tell you our country's mail system is not as good as you thought
And while I respect your experience, I have had a close eye on both situations described in this thread, and neither was a result of a USPS ufckup, the shippers actually sent the items to the wrong addresses. In Anthony's case, he got it back and sent it after being lazy with it for a while, in Luis' case, he sent it to the wrong address, got it back, sent it to the wrong address AGAIN, got it back again and now is basically refusing to send it or allow anyone else to either.
For instance, notice how this thread has gone on for a month now unresolved, with people saying that they have discussed the issue with Luis and stated that they would be willing to take the items and ship them to Josh if he can't, even with Josh offering to cover the shipping AGAIN, but he still says no? Remember, that was what this thread is about, not the USPS and losing packages, which by the way they have never done with any of the dozens of shift knobs I sold.

And I write too!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #53
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Oh shit, I just got packages in the mail today from CA, JP, AK, FL and TX. Guess what, they were all on time and w/o any shipping eff ups. Two of them were from Zilvians, one of them was another set of hood hinges I would not have had to buy if it weren't for this situation. I think we can stop w/ all the shipping slip up excuses.

I will go on to say here is a list of TX zip codes:
73301-75089 75090-75206 75207-75336 75339-75443 75444-75599 75601-75755 75756-75934 75935-76051 76052-76162 76163-76352 76354-76501 76502-76637 76638-76832 76834-77007 77008-77082 77083-77267 77268-77371 77372-77465 77466-77564 77565-77801 77802-77979 77982-78101 78102-78230 78231-78351 78352-78503 78504-78614 78615-78715 78716-78836 78837-79027 79029-79163 79164-79344 79345-79527 79528-79754 79755-79928 79929-88530 88531-88595

And hers is a list of WI zip codes:
53001-53090 53091-53201 53202-53523 53525-53707 53708-53935 53936-54126 54127-54307 54308-54479 54480-54619 54620-54744 54745-54861 54862-54974 54975-54990

Tell me how you could mistake 27534 for any of those, also there is only two states that have my exact street address. North Carolina and Minnesota.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #54
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
FYI

- At my day job - I work for the largest logistics firm in North America (3PL consulting, supply chain management). I do consulting and manage some large accounts. (still poor though ha-ha)

It is not that hard to get something from point A to point B. Delays are much more common than miss-shipped or miss-allocated freight/packages. If UPS loses something then a claim can be filed immediately and it is the responsibility of the Shipper to retain the information promptly from the customer or final destination on the details, in good faith that the shipment was never recieved. PS. USPS is actually more reliable in most cases than UPS/FEDEX for small parcel items.

It is the shippers responsibility to know where the freight or package is going.

If the shipper is not competent to do this then they have no business doing business imo. It's the most basic part of the busienss agreement - Recieval of a good that yeilds an agreeed upon cost / benefit - to the customer on the other end.

I have not dealt with this gentleman, but in business, if you are a clearly honest individual - personal gestures and local freindships asisde - you would want your good name and reputation cleared up IMMEDIATELY - at ANY COST to yourself.

The most important thing in Business and the ethics of your own character building and virtue is your reputation, and perception of this virtue to your customer or associate.

Hopefully this all get's worked out.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #55
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
well i'll let him use my fedex account and ship these things to you, and i'll throw in a bottle of zyrexin... heh
but you gotta pm me who sent you that message about him being drunk all the time.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #56
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
well i'll let him use my fedex account and ship these things to you, and i'll throw in a bottle of zyrexin... heh
but you gotta pm me who sent you that message about him being drunk all the time.
seriously man, what a bitch move...i like how people say shit behind others back but dont have the balls to say it directly...Luis doesnt deserve bullshit slander over something like this...

Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #57
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Yeah.

Bitches wind up in stitches.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #58
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
seriously man, what a bitch move...i like how people say shit behind others back but dont have the balls to say it directly...Luis doesnt deserve bullshit slander over something like this...
On the other side, Luis wouldn't have had ANY of that said about him if business was properly handled 5, then 3, then 1 month ago... What happens in the mean time is what it is, no?

And I write too!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #59
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
There's absolutely no reason to defend Luis.

He's been given several opportunities to ship said item and OP still hasn't received them.

I shipped the OP some S14 hinges just the other day.

Guess what? He received them just a few days later.

There's nothing wrong with the OP's address.

While personal comments should be kept to a minimum, Luis has brought this on himself by not taking care of business.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #60
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Well here it is almost 2009 and no parts, way to go man.